Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Promotion anyone?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 344 Guests

Who thinks we will be promoted?
  View Results 0 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Promotion anyone?

This thread currently has 5,190 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
January 10, 2015, 7:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I feel (fear??? )  this is going to be the voice of many

It's the same for me, there's just no fun in it anymore. My feelings very much mirror those of ginnywings.

For me the thought of GTFC is beginning to bear similar resemblance to the thought of ex girlfriends.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
Nelly GTFC
January 10, 2015, 8:19pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,734
Gold Stars: 31
I am adamant we wont, but it's been a weird season already getting doubled by Lincoln, would even be stranger to get promoted now and rub it right in those 'Gimps' faces if we did, they would be thinking "how the hell did this happen, it's just not fair." lol

We might scrape into the playoffs by one point, then play the best football we have for years in the playoffs.  You just never know lol.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
ackomariner
January 10, 2015, 8:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I am adamant we wont, but it's been a weird season already getting doubled by Lincoln, would even be stranger to get promoted now and rub it right in those 'Gimps' faces if we did, they would be thinking "how the hell did this happen, it's just not fair." lol

We might scrape into the playoffs by one point, then play the best football we have for years in the playoffs.  You just never know lol.

Won't even make the playoffs IMO

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
GrimRob
January 10, 2015, 9:13pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
It's a loaded question because apart from Barnet everyone in the division is more likely not to get promoted than they are to get promoted according to the bookies . So if you are hedging your bets the answer is no, but it would be for everyone else too! But we are third favourites, which is an improvement on the start of the season when we were fourth favourites. I'd have taken the league table now if you had offered it in July without a moment's hesitation.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 33
chaos33
January 10, 2015, 9:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Yeah, being 15 points off the top and auto promotion Rob. Who wouldn't have snatched the hand off at that prospect!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
GrimRob
January 10, 2015, 9:34pm

Quoted from chaos33
Yeah, being 15 points off the top and auto promotion Rob. Who wouldn't have snatched the hand off at that prospect!

Someone who didn't understand what being fourth favourites at the start of the season means.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 15 - 33
MuddyWaters
January 10, 2015, 9:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GrimRob

Someone who didn't understand what being fourth favourites at the start of the season means.

Whilst you're into your stats, do you believe that 8 wins in 18 games ( league and cup) at home is promotion form?
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
chaos33
January 10, 2015, 9:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
I don't care about that. To me it was almost arbitrary. We should have been hoping, aiming and planning for top spot in the conference. Anything else is a lottery and not worthy of us IMO. There is no bigger or better club than us in this league and we have the resources and the support to win the league. We just don't have the team or manager it seems. Still, if you're happy with fourth Rob, who am I to question that.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 10, 2015, 9:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GrimRob
It's a loaded question because apart from Barnet everyone in the division is more likely not to get promoted than they are to get promoted according to the bookies . So if you are hedging your bets the answer is no, but it would be for everyone else too! But we are third favourites, which is an improvement on the start of the season when we were fourth favourites. I'd have taken the league table now if you had offered it in July without a moment's hesitation.

Anything can appear to be proved by statistics.  I suspect most people would be influenced by the direction from which we had reached 4th place, on the way up or dropping down, and how the team was performing.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
GrimRob
January 10, 2015, 9:55pm

Quoted from MuddyWaters

Whilst you're into your stats, do you believe that 8 wins in 18 games ( league and cup) at home is promotion form?

It's certainly a concern and if there's something we could change to try and improve the home form without affecting the away form it's worth considering.  If you look at my 3 year table thread we are the best away side by miles over the last 3 years but only come second at home.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Promotion anyone?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.