Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What would football be like with no offside?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 142 Guests

What would football be like with no offside?

This thread currently has 2,711 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
lee65
January 10, 2015, 8:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Madeleymariner
35 yard line would make it interesting, also easier for linesmen to keep up with play

This was one of the few ideas from America a few years back that we could've learned from.  Stops teams from trying to play offside on halfway, and because it effectively make the "middle third" bigger it gives better players space to play in, and makes it harder to just pack a congested midfield

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
arryarryarry
January 10, 2015, 9:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
My memory may be failing me but in some sort of pre-season "beer" cup, Watney's or something, wasn't the offside line drawn along the edge of the penalty area?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
BIGChris
January 10, 2015, 10:47pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from arryarryarry
My memory may be failing me but in some sort of pre-season "beer" cup, Watney's or something, wasn't the offside line drawn along the edge of the penalty area?

I remember that the Watney Cup featured the first penalty shoot out but dont recall the offside line as described. i may simply have forgotten it.

I recall that it was in the early USA soccer in 70;s
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
arryarryarry
January 10, 2015, 11:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from BIGChris

I remember that the Watney Cup featured the first penalty shoot out but dont recall the offside line as described. i may simply have forgotten it.

I recall that it was in the early USA soccer in 70;s

http://www.footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/Articles/SOS-TheWatneyCup.htm

According to that site, offside restricted to the penalty area.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What would football be like with no offside?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.