barralad
January 8, 2015, 9:06pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from pontoonlew

He still is protesting his innocence. Todays statement was based on the vile behaviour of some of his supporters towards the woman involved in the case. The reason he hadn't done this before was on legal advice.

What I find utterly infuriating about the whole thing is the media mob rule focused on absolutely crushing the bloke. Sky Sports news and the BBC literally contacted every League 1 and 2 club to ask them if they'd sign Evans. Purely on the fact they wanted to pressurize clubs into condemning him. He's 3rd story on the BBC News only being 'beaten' by a 12 person flipping massacre, he had a full front page spread on a national newspapers sport section today. Oldham council blackmailed the club into not signing him by saying they'd refuse a stand if they didn't. The media are ringing every single Oldham sponsor pressuring them to drop their name from Oldham. 'Campaigners' sent death and rape threats to board members.

Anybody remember any of this for killers, Lee Hughes, Luke McCormick or Adam Chapman? No, you don't because there wasn't any of this. It's an absolute disgrace that this whole thing has even come this far.

IMO this is the best thing you've ever written on here. Brilliant!! Mob Rule describes the treatment exactly

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 79
ginnywings
January 8, 2015, 9:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pontoonlew

Which part of out on licence dictates he shouldn't work?

No one is saying he shouldn't work but getting back into football is going to be very difficult for him.

To be honest i don't really give a fook about Ched Evans.

I suspect if he was a fourth rate striker playing for Tunbridge Angels, nobody else would either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 79
monkeyboy
January 9, 2015, 1:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Sign him up, no such thing as bad publicity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 79
January 9, 2015, 1:46am
Guest User
Quoted from grimps

Ill stick a grand in the pot if your serious ?

I wouldn't mess about over something like this but like I say, it seems somebody with proper cash had offered to pay for all his wages.

Anyway, it's been discussed at board level and won't happen. I'm disappointed but the boards decision is understandable,it's s complex issue.

I don't think its a case of money.
Reply: 63 - 79
AlanPoutonsTackle
January 9, 2015, 10:15am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Quoted from ginnywings

But he is deemed a threat to the public, which is why he is out on licence and will be on the sex offenders register for 15 years.

People keep saying he has served his time but he hasn't.

Why is he deemed a threat to the public. He isn't a predatory rapist who drags females into alleyways. The problem with issues like this is people who claim they know everything about the case and what went on. Only 3 people know what happened that night . The rest of us are on the outside. I honestly think ourselves and some of the other kangaroo court people stopping Evans playing football should sit back and allow whatever happens to happen. I don't think the people that have involved themselves have the right to get involved and should leave it to those directly involved to state their feelings. I don't know much about it but I think it surrounds ability to consent due to level of intoxication. The only good thing to come from the whole thing is perhaps it will make footballers realise that their party related antics could lead to life long consequences. Might make some realise you can't behave exactly as you please.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 79
dapperz fun pub
January 9, 2015, 11:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Only 3 people know what happened that night ? What about the 2 filming ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 79
ginnywings
January 9, 2015, 11:50am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from AlanPoutonsTackle

Why is he deemed a threat to the public. He isn't a predatory rapist who drags females into alleyways. The problem with issues like this is people who claim they know everything about the case and what went on. Only 3 people know what happened that night . The rest of us are on the outside. I honestly think ourselves and some of the other kangaroo court people stopping Evans playing football should sit back and allow whatever happens to happen. I don't think the people that have involved themselves have the right to get involved and should leave it to those directly involved to state their feelings. I don't know much about it but I think it surrounds ability to consent due to level of intoxication. The only good thing to come from the whole thing is perhaps it will make footballers realise that their party related antics could lead to life long consequences. Might make some realise you can't behave exactly as you please.

Because he is a convicted rapist out on license and will be on the sex offenders register for the next 15 years. I don't know why people cannot grasp this fact. Should he be treated the same as you or me who haven't (presumably) got rape convictions?

He may or may not be innocent and may or may not have been wrongly imprisoned, but the facts as it stands are that he had sex with an incapably drunk young woman without permission and filmed the act. That is not "laddish" behaviour, that is a crime for which he was sentenced to 5 years in prison. Tried by a jury of his peers and found guilty.

He is currently out on license as part of his rehabilitation and his sentence is still active. These are indisputable facts and all the rest is hearsay. He may well never do this again but that's not the point is it?

I believe in the justice system and he should be allowed back into society and allowed to pursue a career but unfortunately in this day and age, with facebook and twitter and all the internet and tv news that has to be fuelled 24/7, he has found himself hounded out of football. The very media that helped to build him up is now destroying him, as is their wont. He is now too toxic for any team to employ and i suspect the same would be true of Lee Hughes and others cited on this thread, had they committed their crimes more recently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 79
carrot top
January 9, 2015, 12:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
I agree that it is a difficult one to sort out and will cause divided opinions.

I wonder what crimes are acceptable in order to carry on in your own profession. Many Politicians carried out crimes in the expenses scandal but continue to ply their trade. Bankers committed horrendous crimes on the public/taxpayer, but again are allowed to carry on regardless.

I am in the camp of him being allowed to play. He has served his sentence and hopefully has been rehabilitated. I cannot see him doing anything like it again, if he has half a brain.

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 79
ginnywings
January 9, 2015, 12:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from carrot top
I agree that it is a difficult one to sort out and will cause divided opinions.

I wonder what crimes are acceptable in order to carry on in your own profession. Many Politicians carried out crimes in the expenses scandal but continue to ply their trade. Bankers committed horrendous crimes on the public/taxpayer, but again are allowed to carry on regardless.

I am in the camp of him being allowed to play. He has served his sentence and hopefully has been rehabilitated. I cannot see him doing anything like it again, if he has half a brain.

I give up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 79
carrot top
January 9, 2015, 1:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
I know he is out on licence. That is not really the point I'm making. Give it a rest Head Judge, Im just giving an opinion, is that allowed?

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Financial backer for ched evans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.