Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Financial backer for ched evans
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 196 Guests

Financial backer for ched evans

This thread currently has 9,533 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
KK_DOG
January 8, 2015, 8:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
There comes a point when Ched Evans needs a job. He has been found guilty and served his time. Is it fair to keep on punishing him ? It's not a case of he can't be a footballer because he has been convicted of rape. He can be a footballer but it appears he is not being given a chance because of public opinion. Maybe Grimsby Town don't want him for all the baggage and problems from others that it will bring and I can't blame the club for that. Sheffield United should have taken him back in my opinion and it wasn't a footballing decision that convinced them to bin him it was public pressure. I personally would have welcomed him at GTFC, providing he can still put the ball in the net and he is btter than what we have got.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 79
moosey_club
January 8, 2015, 8:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from ginnywings

Because it isn't and he isn't.

His sentence is still ongoing. He is out on license which basically means he is serving his time outside, instead of inside the prison system.

He didn't get time off for good behaviour, which is a different thing all together and until today was still protesting his innocence.

begging your pardon m'lud....thought he had completed his sentence....still... he is effectively released on license as he is not deemed a threat to the public...not interested in his appeal or his protesting of innocence as currently he has been found, by the judicial system we are all governed by, guilty of rape.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 79
Nelly GTFC
January 8, 2015, 8:20pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from mariner91
My apologies, I misread it. Thought you wrote it proves he is innocent which it certainly doesn't.
No prob.   He'll probally end up in a fish factory at this rate lol.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 79
dapperz fun pub
January 8, 2015, 8:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
No prob.   He'll probally end up in a fish factory at this rate lol.

Id forget that one our polish cousins have that sewn up
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 79
promotion plaice
January 8, 2015, 8:34pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,955
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from grimsby pete
If we had backers putting money in for Evans,

Will they still put the money in for another Div 1  striker ?

I thought Fenty said a number of weeks ago ( on signing THAT player ) money isn't an issue. I didn't understand that statement but waited in anticipation.
If we have already signed THAT player i must have missed it, better give my head a shake pronto, oh wait a minute i forgot about Hamish.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 79
ginnywings
January 8, 2015, 8:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from moosey_club

begging your pardon m'lud....thought he had completed his sentence....still... he is effectively released on license as he is not deemed a threat to the public...not interested in his appeal or his protesting of innonence as currently he has been found, by the judicial system we are all governed by, guilty of rape.

But he is deemed a threat to the public, which is why he is out on licence and will be on the sex offenders register for 15 years.

People keep saying he has served his time but he hasn't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 79
pontoonlew
January 8, 2015, 8:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,722
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from ginnywings

Because it isn't and he isn't.

His sentence is still ongoing. He is out on license which basically means he is serving his time outside, instead of inside the prison system.

He didn't get time off for good behaviour, which is a different thing all together and until today was still protesting his innocence.

He still is protesting his innocence. Todays statement was based on the vile behaviour of some of his supporters towards the woman involved in the case. The reason he hadn't done this before was on legal advice.

What I find utterly infuriating about the whole thing is the media mob rule focused on absolutely crushing the bloke. Sky Sports news and the BBC literally contacted every League 1 and 2 club to ask them if they'd sign Evans. Purely on the fact they wanted to pressurize clubs into condemning him. He's 3rd story on the BBC News only being 'beaten' by a 12 person flipping massacre, he had a full front page spread on a national newspapers sport section today. Oldham council blackmailed the club into not signing him by saying they'd refuse a stand if they didn't. The media are ringing every single Oldham sponsor pressuring them to drop their name from Oldham. 'Campaigners' sent death and rape threats to board members.

Anybody remember any of this for killers, Lee Hughes, Luke McCormick or Adam Chapman? No, you don't because there wasn't any of this. It's an absolute disgrace that this whole thing has even come this far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 79
pontoonlew
January 8, 2015, 8:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,722
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from ginnywings

But he is deemed a threat to the public, which is why he is out on licence and will be on the sex offenders register for 15 years.

People keep saying he has served his time but he hasn't.

Which part of out on licence dictates he shouldn't work?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 79
barralad
January 8, 2015, 9:03pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Tom13
*Insert comment here about Hurst probably not playing him even if we did sign him*

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 79
ginnywings
January 8, 2015, 9:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from pontoonlew

He still is protesting his innocence. Todays statement was based on the vile behaviour of some of his supporters towards the woman involved in the case. The reason he hadn't done this before was on legal advice.

What I find utterly infuriating about the whole thing is the media mob rule focused on absolutely crushing the bloke. Sky Sports news and the BBC literally contacted every League 1 and 2 club to ask them if they'd sign Evans. Purely on the fact they wanted to pressurize clubs into condemning him. He's 3rd story on the BBC News only being 'beaten' by a 12 person flipping massacre, he had a full front page spread on a national newspapers sport section today. Oldham council blackmailed the club into not signing him by saying they'd refuse a stand if they didn't. The media are ringing every single Oldham sponsor pressuring them to drop their name from Oldham. 'Campaigners' sent death and rape threats to board members.

Anybody remember any of this for killers, Lee Hughes, Luke McCormick or Adam Chapman? No, you don't because there wasn't any of this. It's an absolute disgrace that this whole thing has even come this far.

This probably explains why, better than i could.

http://www.express.co.uk/comme.....-play-football-again

I don't particularly agree with all the article but the problems he will face are apparent.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Financial backer for ched evans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.