Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Negative fans attitude and its influence on the te
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Negative fans attitude and its influence on the te

This thread currently has 23,819 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
January 10, 2015, 10:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I don't blame the current set of players for where we are, they are making a decent fist of this season and are in with a shout of promotion, although Hurst has not been exciting anyone, he has made us tricky to beat and for years that hasn't been the case.

I think the team are suffering the frustration of years of failure and it's not fair to put that on them, they will have off days but we usually get a shift from them.

I am not saying we should accept where the club are but I think the frustration is being directed at the wrong people.

Some good and fair points headingly_mariner especially about the frustration, who do you think the frustration should be aimed at?

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 120
barralad
January 10, 2015, 11:43am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from arryarryarry

You clearly haven't been to the recent games. Arnold for example.

Arnold apart who "hasn't been making a decent fist of this season"

Pretty decent fist made at home to FGR and away at Macclesfield....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 120
January 10, 2015, 2:43pm
Guest User
Interesting comments by James Mckeown on our home 'support'. Fully agree with him.
Reply: 102 - 120
EY Mariner
January 11, 2015, 10:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from pontoonlew
The fact is fans will not just sit and support any old shite. If you cannot see that the performances are dull, boring and toothless, win, lose or draw then you're deluded IMO.

You can't just expect fans to be bored to tears and simply lap it all up.

The real delusion here is the idea that what we are seeing at the moment is, in some way, "not good enough." We have a team here who are in a decent position in the league and have the chance of achieving what I would have thought all of us want, namely promotion. They deserve our support. Instead, all they seem to get is a barrage of unwarranted criticism from people who, as we have seen in other threads, cannot see the truth even when the bare facts are laid out to them and I, for one, am thoroughly sick of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 120
ackomariner
January 11, 2015, 10:43am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from EY Mariner

The real delusion here is the idea that what we are seeing at the moment is, in some way, "not good enough." We have a team here who are in a decent position in the league and have the chance of achieving what I would have thought all of us want, namely promotion. They deserve our support. Instead, all they seem to get is a barrage of unwarranted criticism from people who, as we have seen in other threads, cannot see the truth even when the bare facts are laid out to them and I, for one, am thoroughly sick of it.

Unwarranted criticism ......

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 120
EY Mariner
January 11, 2015, 10:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ackomariner

Unwarranted criticism ......

Do you actually have an argument?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 120
ackomariner
January 11, 2015, 10:56am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from EY Mariner

Do you actually have an argument?

I think going to every home game and a good few away games, and from what I see week in week out I think it warrants some criticism , I'm not just going to roll over and accept it.

You feel free to put your side across , but take your rose tints off first will you

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 120
EY Mariner
January 11, 2015, 11:14am
Table Wine Drinker
I haven't got any "rose tints". I'm simply looking at the facts and the facts don't remotely justify the criticism.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 120
Marinerz93
January 11, 2015, 11:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from EY Mariner
I haven't got any "rose tints". I'm simply looking at the facts and the facts don't remotely justify the criticism.

Facts are great, as you have the facts;

1.  What is our home record and is it good enough for a team seeking promotion?
2.  How does our home record effect our gates?
3.  How do our gates this season effect next seasons budget?
4.  Are we strong or convincing enough to win one of the two promotion slots?

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 120
MuddyWaters
January 11, 2015, 11:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from EY Mariner

Here's a fact - we've won 8 home games out of 18 played - league & cup - do you consider that to be good enough?
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Negative fans attitude and its influence on the te

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.