Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Negative fans attitude and its influence on the te
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

Negative fans attitude and its influence on the te

This thread currently has 23,814 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
The Singing Fisherman
January 6, 2015, 6:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
Quoted from arryarryarry

FFS, how about getting out and about a bit and visiting other grounds, just how many times do people like you have to be told, it isn't just a Grimsby Town issue.

Who gives a intercourse if it happens at other grounds to. It's still wrong! Were Supporters for a reason - Because we love our team and we want them to do well. So surely our duty as supporters is to support not get on there backs even if things are going badly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 120
grimps
January 6, 2015, 6:50am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,093
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Neilo83
Really don't understand this fans being hostile and players not liking it etc... Bp is like a morgue and has been for a while, if they're really struggling with this then surely they shouldn't be football players..

Thats the problem , the players can hear every word we say about them its that quiet  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 120
MuddyWaters
January 6, 2015, 7:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.61
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,194
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Neilo83
Really don't understand this fans being hostile and players not liking it etc... Bp is like a morgue and has been for a while, if they're really struggling with this then surely they shouldn't be football players..

They should sit in our seats and watch the passionless crap we watch.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 120
Les Brechin
January 6, 2015, 7:13am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
If only we were sat in the play-off positions with a game or two in hand and one of the best defensive records in the league we wouldn't have to put up with all this moaning!  

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 120
Biccys
January 6, 2015, 7:14am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I'm not saying it doesn't happen elsewhere but if you go to any ground they usually encourage and applaud when players try something that doesn't quite come off. BP is a morgue until someone makes a mistake, mislays a pass, misses a header etc, then it's a chorus of derision. Hardly an encouraging atmosphere and the players (Scotty Brown at least) have openly said it doesn't help matters. Think of Sunday league games, when one player make a mistake, do the other players get on his back and slash him off? No, they try and encourage "head up", " you're better than that ", " next time lad " not one single time did I hear "ffs that was excrement, get him off" when I played. That's the difference.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 120
DocTower
January 6, 2015, 7:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Like everyone's saying it's a 2 way street . Give us something to cheer about , we have been here far longer than all of the players  , been promised this and that but recieved nothing in return . I feel it's reached a point now when something has to happen or thats it for the club . Strong , yes , but it's that serious now .  Too many people are saying the same thing , to ignore it .   What surprises me is there have been no chants of Hurst out or what a load of rubbish . Is it because we are so bored we can't ge bothered .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 120
1mickylyons
January 6, 2015, 7:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
I wonder what was said before and at HT of the Macclesfield game on NYD?
The players should I thought have come flying out the traps from the off to rectify the poor display against Lincoln.They were actually worse and I saw zero improvement after HT when Hurst should have been peeling the paint off the walls HURST = NEGATIVITY and NEGATIVITY = HURST
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 120
TAGG
January 6, 2015, 8:08am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,971
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Biccys
I'm not saying it doesn't happen elsewhere but if you go to any ground they usually encourage and applaud when players try something that doesn't quite come off. BP is a morgue until someone makes a mistake, mislays a pass, misses a header etc, then it's a chorus of derision. Hardly an encouraging atmosphere and the players (Scotty Brown at least) have openly said it doesn't help matters. Think of Sunday league games, when one player make a mistake, do the other players get on his back and slash him off? No, they try and encourage "head up", " you're better than that ", " next time lad " not one single time did I hear "ffs that was excrement, get him off" when I played. That's the difference.

Most Town fans will and in my experience do applaud when plays try things that sometimes doesn't come off.
BP is a morgue because the football on show is junk a lot of the time. What do you want people to do jump up and down shouting this is great all game???? the men in white coats would be dragging you away.
The players are at this club for a very short time so should stop moaning and grow some balls or intercourse off.
What the intercourse has Sunday football got to do with anything??? when was the last time you paid 18 quid to see a Sunday football game.  
Stop being like Fenty and blaming the fans and look at the cardboard cut out of a Manager we have for serving up such boring excrement.  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 120
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 6, 2015, 8:21am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Les Brechin
If only we were sat in the play-off positions with a game or two in hand and one of the best defensive records in the league we wouldn't have to put up with all this moaning!  

Yes Les, there is a certain irony there,    but only if we believe that the league position is a realistic one. Deep down I think many supporters feel it is false, the success is too fragile to last and the position achieved in spite of the manager not because of him.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 120
Rick12
January 6, 2015, 8:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from MuddyWaters

They should sit in our seats and watch the passionless crap we watch.
Fair point fans pay good money to watch Town play.Like Dav mariner said I don't mind us loosing if the effort is forthcoming .However what most fans cant stand is  lack of passion and effort .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Negative fans attitude and its influence on the te

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.