Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 111 Guests

Good By My Fishy Friends

This thread currently has 28,481 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
January 5, 2015, 8:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,646
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Getyourfactsright
Dear Fishes.

I have decided to never post or visit the fishy again due to the extreme and unfair interpretations of some of my posts. Not to mention the vile and abuse I endure.

Never once have I blamed the fans for anything.

Like it or not, BP is hostile for the home-side according to some players.

Only yesterday, I'm told by a lady who brought her two children to a recent game, that the swearing and vile behaviour of some around, would stop them from coming again.

These are facts.

I understand the frustrations and passion of fans, as heck I am just another.

Very happy as always to meet any number of you, with other directors as you may wish, to hear your views, concerns and ideas. Accordingly contact Ian Fleming at the club to arrange.

Otherwise, hope to see you all in fine voice with positive passion..

Best wishes John UTM

Try these facts.

Your tenure has been a disaster. We are an established non league side thanks to you.

The generations of fans and brilliant ex managers and players are in bewilderment as to how you have managed to make such a mess of it all.

To try to obscure the mess we are in by quoting the odd fan who doesn't like the atmosphere makes my blood boil - what should we be doing after a decade of dross? Don't expect the fans to doff their caps just cos you reign supreme with your money.

At least if you stay away from here you can't publically embarrass the club with your inept ramblings.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 201
Richard Cranium
January 5, 2015, 9:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: -36
It is also time for people to show some respect to the man that has kept this club going
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 201
MuddyWaters
January 5, 2015, 9:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,175
Quoted from Richard Cranium
It is also time for people to show some respect to the man that has kept this club going

You earn respect, you don't pay for it. Look at the balance sheet. Enough said.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 201
darren9
January 5, 2015, 9:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
Most fans do respect him for dipping his hand into his own pocket to keep the club going. Not many would do the same.

But, we have every right to question those in charge. Be that chairman, manager ... Whoever.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 201
grimsby pete
January 5, 2015, 9:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Sorry to hear you say that John, I will miss your posts mate,

You could always come back under a different name ,

Anyway look forward to seeing you at another away game soon,

AND

If the team can sort the home form out,

I will make that horrible journey up to Cleethorpes to celebrate 60 years of going to the park.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 201
fleabag1970
January 5, 2015, 9:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from carrot top
For what it is worth, you and the players ( I assume it is not all hopefully) need to grow some. I have never heard such rubbish spouted. Football grounds are full of people who vent their frustrations. What do you want us to do Mr Fenty, just sit there and say nothing, or should we break opposing fans flags to show passion. You as an example, don't make me laugh
I have supported Town for almost 50 years, unwaveringly until recently but I have never experienced some of the drivel and PC that is spouted on this site now. I am passionate about my club and always have been, but at the moment it is painful. Hostile home fans?
BTW there is a family stand if people don't like some colourful language. It never did me any harm listening to all the language vented years ago from the pontoon and Barrett stand
I hope somebody, please, can buy you out

errrrrrrrrrrrrr , I was in the " Family Stand "  for the Lincoln game , None of the " Family's "  could see the match because loads of fans without tickets for that area were let in and not removed by the Stewards .............................

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 201
GrimRob

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Thanks for your contributions John. It was a brave step to put yourself in the firing line and not something many directors have attempted at other clubs so I applaud you for sticking your neck out and trying to get your view across this.way,

Let's hope we can back to winning ways again soon then it will be a quiet place again on the Fishy.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 201
moosey_club
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,184
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from pontoonlew
John,

Over the past 2-3 seasons, this football club has drained the absolute life out of me. I'll support this club through thick and thin, I travel a 400 mile round trip just to make a home game. I've properly supported this club since that famous day in 98, since then i've seen little success but I tell you what I've seen some passion, some grit and i've been entertained. I've seen players like Pouton bust a bollock for the club, I saw Jevons score 'that' goal at Anfield, I've seen Andy Todd grab the club from certain relegation and I've seen a team do us stupidly proud by over achieving in the Championship year after year. I think deep down we all knew the clubs standing in the Championship wouldn't last forever, I can accept where we are now.

What I cannot accept, is the passion and grit that has been ripped away from it all. The entertainment that the current manager has drained from it, I don't like going to games anymore, I chose to do different things and I feel robbed of the club that I originally fell in love with. I don't really care if i've missed a 1-0 home win against Dover, the chances are I wouldn't had enjoyed it anyway! Then you come on here, you goad the fans who have stuck with this club through everything, you goad those fans who DARE to say they're sick of it. For a club who have fallen so far it's stunning that we're even this patient but I for one am totally sick of it now. I'm sick of going to a game, travelling 400 miles to get there and back, to see a toothless, heartless performance and then to top it all off, the manager comes on the radio and tells me it's my fault! It's my fault he's drained all the entertainment from the club i've supported for the majority of my life, it's my fault he sits back and plays shite, negative boring football week in week out. You and others at the club seem to think that we should just accept that? Who bloody cares if we 'got the result' when the fun isn't there anymore? Unless something changes we'll not have enough to get out of this league.

I have defended you for years, I dread to think where we'd be without you. But to blame the fans after the absolute shite you've overseen in the past 10 or so years is an absolute flipping insult to the time, effort, money and pain i've invested supporting the rubbish currently on show.

Well said.  

I think the rather shocking stat that somebody quoted the other day of 17 yrs(?) was it without a promotion says more than anything, you would have to be over 30 yrs to have clear memories of any kind of success so the club need to remember its not reactions after one or two home defeats its that culmination of years of failure that we, loyal supporters are frustrated with.

Back to the O.P ....probably for the best for GYFR to retire from Fishy life, a no doubt wholeheartedly genuine attempt to connect with supporters but badly backfired in the end.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 201
ginnywings
January 5, 2015, 9:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,086
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You earn respect, you don't pay for it. Look at the balance sheet. Enough said.

Exactly, respect is earned. If we had more Magnay's and less Arnold's, you would all get more respect.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 201
lew chaterleys lover
January 5, 2015, 9:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,646
Quoted from Richard Cranium

He  didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart. There was to be a new stadium, the sale of Blundell Park, prestige and money in the bank.

It went belly up though so he has had to stick with it in the hope of rescuing his losses.  
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 201
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.