14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
January 5, 2015, 6:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,566
Gold Stars: 260
Harry Pell which was a bit of a pointless signing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 134
Garth
January 5, 2015, 6:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Lets hope he can score a few and become a big hero with the fans i for one am willing to give the lad a chance.

You maybe but will Hursty?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 134
Tinymariner
January 5, 2015, 6:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from pontoonlew
The guy could be a good player, my worry is whether or not Hurst will actually use him. He's excrement scared of bringing new players in and I swear half the time he just does it to please the fans for a few hours before reverting back to what he wants rather than what we need.

We're not threatening enough up front, instead of waiting for his old methods to work, why not try something new? It's a crying shame we're seeing nothing of this Watson, just give the guy a start and see how he does. Palmer has to start Saturday otherwise it's pointless him being here, you bring in loanees because you think they're better than what you already have. Who was the loanee central midfielder we brought in? I don't even know if he's still at the club nevermind his flipping name.  

Nicky Walker from Rotherham? We played him in a friendly against Boston and he looked great, scored a very good brace. So Boston signed him!!!!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 134
denni266
January 5, 2015, 6:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +697
Gold Stars: 132
Will hurst give him more than 20 mins a month on the pitch ???????????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 134
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 5, 2015, 6:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Tinymariner

Nicky Walker from Rotherham? We played him in a friendly against Boston and he looked great, scored a very good brace. So Boston signed him!!!!!!

I would guess he was sent on his way because he couldn't see why a winger should spend most of his time holding hands with his own full back as instructed. Arnold will probably be the next one to find that out.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 134
blundellpork
January 5, 2015, 7:13pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,649
Gold Stars: 32
I feel that I need to comment upon the negative comments about Hannah not becoming the player we expected when he signed for us permanently.

For me this is not a case of him simply not being good enough, not interested etc. It comes down to how the team plays. Look at the goals that he has scored for us and the common theme is that the ball has been crossed on the ground quickly, or a slide rule pass has been played into him quickly, and he has reacted quickest and scored. Essentially he is a fox in the box/ quick counter attack striker.

Now look at our style of play, which more often than not is simply a high ball up to the front man, which often comes straight back again. Now I understand that LJL is better at holding up the ball, and so will look better in this role. However, change the tactics with pacey wingers counter attacking, and wiping balls into the box on the deck and Hannah would score a hatful.

Just a thought.....

Porky
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 134
Green27
January 5, 2015, 7:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Seen him play for Woking a few times was nothing more than a bit part came on with 20 minutes to play etc. was nothing spectacular but that was a few seasons ago now.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 134
chaos33
January 5, 2015, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from blundellpork
I feel that I need to comment upon the negative comments about Hannah not becoming the player we expected when he signed for us permanently.

For me this is not a case of him simply not being good enough, not interested etc. It comes down to how the team plays. Look at the goals that he has scored for us and the common theme is that the ball has been crossed on the ground quickly, or a slide rule pass has been played into him quickly, and he has reacted quickest and scored. Essentially he is a fox in the box/ quick counter attack striker.

Now look at our style of play, which more often than not is simply a high ball up to the front man, which often comes straight back again. Now I understand that LJL is better at holding up the ball, and so will look better in this role. However, change the tactics with pacey wingers counter attacking, and wiping balls into the box on the deck and Hannah would score a hatful.

Just a thought.....

Porky

I agree with you.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 134
Tinymariner
January 5, 2015, 8:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Quoted from blundellpork

Just a thought.....

Porky

Spot on Porky, when came on loan along with Neilson, he put a few away with assists from Neilson. Sort it out Hurst and play the players to their strengths.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 134
ginnywings
January 5, 2015, 8:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Tinymariner

Spot on Porky, when came on loan along with Neilson, he put a few away with assists from Neilson. Sort it out Hurst and play the players to their strengths.

That's because Neilson thinks quickly and plays the ball to him at the right time. The others are too slow and by the time they pass Hannah is offside.

Let's hope this new kid is another Ryan Bird, not a turkey. He must be decent though as Hurst said he would only sign improvements. Needs a game of three before we see what he's made of but will he get a good run at it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 134
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town to Sign OIlie Palmer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.