January 5, 2015, 3:16pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +138
Quoted from grimsby pete

Why has the title gone ?

Barnet have just been well beaten and we have to play them Twice,

Bristol Rovers still have to come to Blundell Park,

If we can get our form together until the end of the season we just might make it as champions,

I am dreaming aren't  I ?

Two years ago we were just one point better off than you at the same point of the season ie 29 games having just lost to Newport. We won the title in the end, it is possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 134
SamTheMariner
January 5, 2015, 3:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
If we win our games in hand, beat Barnet twice and beat Bristol Rovers it really is anyone's game of the top 4, which it seems to be becoming.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 134
Biccys
January 5, 2015, 3:32pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Spiritater

Two years ago we were just one point better off than you at the same point of the season ie 29 games having just lost to Newport. We won the title in the end, it is possible.

It says something when fans of other teams are more opstimistic than we are!! Thanks for the info btw, very nice of you to give us a heads up.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 62 - 134
horsforthmariner
January 5, 2015, 3:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,599
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from grimsby pete

Why has the title gone ?

Barnet have just been well beaten and we have to play them Twice,

Bristol Rovers still have to come to Blundell Park,

If we can get our form together until the end of the season we just might make it as champions,

I am dreaming aren't  I ?

If we win the title I'll run round blundell park naked with a hot dog up my backside. NO I REALLY WONT DO THAT.

I hope the title isnt gone - but we are 15 points behind them. We  drop to many points against the bottom sides - altringham away comes to mind and to emulate Mansfield from a couple of years ago we are going to have to start smashing sides.

The Mansfield run was the best second half performance by any team since we got into the tin pot league and I just can't see us getting close. I hope I'm wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 134
moosey_club
January 5, 2015, 4:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from ginnywings
Ollie Palmer.  Sounds like a gay actor.

We should only sign players with real names like Jim or Nobby.

Personally prefer the exotic sounding route...Manny Panther or Serge Makofo....

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 134
itsnotcoditshaddock
January 5, 2015, 5:01pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Having watched the video Town have put up of 'Ollie's goals' he'll be alright for us, as long as we get the ball in the box. But to be honest, there's not a goal in that highlights reel that our current strikers couldn't score..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 134
TAGG
January 5, 2015, 5:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from oldun
Hang on, people on here have been urging the club to sign a striker. Now all of a sudden we don't need one. Ridiculous. Hannah can go he has not done much for year now. ok he has not started many games but when he has come on how many times has he looked like getting on the score sheet? Hardly any and he is too lightweight for this league.
He can score penalties though. Pittman has done ok but we all know about his fitness record. The games over Christmas took their toll and he looked leggy in the last game. Then there is Hamish, well I haven't a clue about him, only the gaffer knows.

I think most calling for the club to show a bit of ambition and bring in a proven goal scorer what ever that takes and not another guy who may or may not be all that.
Nothing against the bloke don't know anything about him but just look like another Hurst panic signing  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 134
TAGG
January 5, 2015, 5:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Spiritater

Not with this Manager.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 134
arryarryarry
January 5, 2015, 5:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from SamTheMariner
If we win our games in hand, beat Barnet twice and beat Bristol Rovers it really is anyone's game of the top 4, which it seems to be becoming.

If my 6 numbers come up on Wednesday then I will take great delight in telling my boss where he can stick the job (right up his fat bottom).

So I reckon there is more chance of me logging on to the Fishy from a beach in the Maldives than what you said.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 134
MuddyWaters
January 5, 2015, 5:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from TAGG

I think most calling for the club to show a bit of ambition and bring in a proven goal scorer what ever that takes and not another guy who may or may not be all that.
Nothing against the bloke don't know anything about him but just look like another Hurst panic signing  

Call me a cynical old tw@t, but it seems to me to be another nothing signing to appease the masses. No-one we've signed on loan has proven to be a success.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 134
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town to Sign OIlie Palmer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.