Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What team for Gateshead?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 142 Guests

What team for Gateshead?

This thread currently has 5,631 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
AdamHaddock
January 5, 2015, 2:45pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 24
         Edit: Changed my mind, we should give  Palmer his debut and some game time, also give LJL and Diz a breather

McKeown
Magnay Toto Pearson Thomas
Arnold Brown Clay Paddy
            Palmer Hannah

One last chance for Arnold to impress before we cancel his loan

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
grimsby pete
January 5, 2015, 2:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I don't like the idea of Toto playing because of all the yellow cards he picks up,

Does anybody know when the next suspension kicks in,

15 yellows =  3 game ban ?

If he is to pick up anymore yellows , let them be in the league.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
Maringer
January 5, 2015, 2:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
4-3-3:

McKeown
Bignot  Toto  Pearson  Magnay
      Brown  Clay  Disley
     LJL  Palmer  Pittman

I realise the game isn't exactly an important one, but we're not playing for a while so worth giving the first-teamers a run out. Also giving the new lad a chance to play with his teammates.

I'm of the view that Thomas could do with a break as his recent form has been poor. Perhaps not fully into the swing of things following his injury? Anyway, I think Bignot has performed adequately in the past game and a half so bringing him in is reasonable and we know Magnay is capable on the left.

Any of the midfield 3 could be replaced by Paddy as I don't think there is much between them all. Disley is stronger in the air and has goals in him, however, so probably better to leave him in.

Both Pittman and LJL have played wide during their careers and will work hard so I think those two up front alongside the new lad could be a useful forward line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
Youngy
January 6, 2015, 10:16am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
I would try 1 or 2 changes (not wholesale) to see how they adapt into the first team

McKeown
Walker Toto Pearson Magnay
Neilson Paddy Brown Winfarrah
             LJL Palmer

Watson, Disley, Parslow, Macketh, Pittman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
FishOutOfWater
January 6, 2015, 2:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Cant complain with that, 2 of the better teams in the league, could be half decent.

play this team:

Macca
Bignot   Parslow  Toto  Thomas
Nielson  Disley  McLaughlin  Winfarrah
                  Watson  Hannah

Play Toto, he just missed 2 games and game time will be good.

Disley should of been rested in this game rather than Macclesfield (if that was the case)

I'm pretty sure that Hurst said Diz didn't play against Macc because of an illness (stomach complaint?)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 40
petethemariner
January 6, 2015, 6:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Judging by the signing of a 6ft 5 target man, it indicates to me that we will not be playing intricate football in the final third, so i would try;

Macca

Magnay               Pearson                 Toto                      Thomas

Clay                        Disley

Neilson

Pittman                   Palmer                  LJL

My thinking behind this is that our so called widemen/wingers have been largely ineffective this season, rarely taking full backs on and getting behind the opposition, so we may as well go long (it can be effective with the right personal and formation) obviously this formation depends on Palmer being half decent and winning his fair share- i reckon Neilson with his shooting ability playing in a free role off those three would bag us a dozen goals before seasons end..
For  opposition that play to shut up shop with little attacking intent you can use Magnay and Thomas as out and out wing backs, in effect making it a 2-4-1-3 formation.  

Just an idea, i'm sure many will disagree.      
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
Jarmo.Is.God
January 7, 2015, 10:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I'm pretty sure that Hurst said Diz didn't play against Macc because of an illness (stomach complaint?)

if so then fair enough, but Disley is fast becoming an important player again in my eyes and him and Clay make a good partnership.

Disley is more attacking and Clay is more Defending
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
Theimperialcoroner
January 7, 2015, 11:30am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
Couldn't give a excrement about the team, but think the gate will be well below 1k

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
Maringer
January 7, 2015, 11:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from petethemariner

Just an idea, i'm sure many will disagree.      

That formation is basically a 4-2-4 so the defence will have little in the way of any cover from the two midfielders.

Trying to recreate the 6-5 victory over Burnley which we have discussed on the board recently?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
SamTheMariner
January 7, 2015, 1:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
McKeown

Bignot
Pearson
Parslow
Winfarrah

Neilson
Clay
Paddy
Arnold

Palmer
Watson

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What team for Gateshead?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.