7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
January 6, 2015, 7:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Hannah started 8 out of the first 10 league games on his return and scored 0 goals. The only reason I can see for this is Neilson leaving (bloody Luton!) although  as Tom said they've played together since with nowhere near the same impact.

I've come to the conclusion that it's Brodie's fault for being 'in the building'!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 62
DocTower
January 7, 2015, 7:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from Abdul19
Hannah started 8 out of the first 10 league games on his return and scored 0 goals. The only reason I can see for this is Neilson leaving (bloody Luton!) although  as Tom said they've played together since with nowhere near the same impact.

I've come to the conclusion that it's Brodie's fault for being 'in the building'!

Forgot about him going to Luton , your right , system changed or the mysterious plan B . Just wonder how much disruption one player can do to a team if badley managed . Love him or hate him Brodie is a pain in the butt ,  we will just never know .  Southport grrrrrrrr!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 62
barralad
January 7, 2015, 11:39am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Garth
We have been a one style team for a long while now, before the shop it was a find Cooks head competition

Which was difficult when he used to wander around with it up his ar*e....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 62
BIGChris
January 7, 2015, 1:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from barralad

Which was difficult when he used to wander around with it up his ar*e....

Pot/kettle?
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 62
acko338
January 7, 2015, 1:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
Hannah needs both Aswad and Neilsen both fast, fit and on form down the left wing to be effective - considering the amount of chances being marked up on stat boards, we must have a really poor chances to goals ratio this season, with set plays well down.

Hurst needs to find someone who can kick a dead ball past the first defender or it's a waste sending the centre halves up for nothing !

I would have expected Pearson to have at least 5 or 6 goals by now, but deliveries are rubbish !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 62
DocTower
January 8, 2015, 7:36am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from acko338
Hannah needs both Aswad and Neilsen both fast, fit and on form down the left wing to be effective - considering the amount of chances being marked up on stat boards, we must have a really poor chances to goals ratio this season, with set plays well down.

Hurst needs to find someone who can kick a dead ball past the first defender or it's a waste sending the centre halves up for nothing !

I would have expected Pearson to have at least 5 or 6 goals by now, but deliveries are rubbish !

Spot on post from you again . Delivery of corners free kicks never change , all observations everyone sees .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 62
Maringer
January 8, 2015, 7:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
I wonder what the odds are of us failing to sign a single player who is reliably good at taking corners and set pieces over the past several seasons? You'd have thought that the law of averages alone should make it likely we would sign one or two with some ability in this area during this period!

Back in the day, I remember laughing when Glenn Hoddle said he picked Andy Hinchcliffe for England pretty much on the basis that he was good at taking corners. With what we've seen in recent years, this doesn't seem such a bad bet now!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 62
diehardmariner
January 8, 2015, 10:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
Players arrive here and in pre-season/early games appear to have a decent delivery on them from set-pieces.  Brown this season, Kerr the season before.  I can even remember practically drooling when Rob Eagle whipped in dangerous corner after dangerous corner against Scunny in pre-season four years ago, how Kempson didn't have a hat-trick of headers that day I don't know.

Soon enough though the standards slip and our corners either fail to clear the first man or are bread and butter for even the most average goalkeeper.   On the rare occasion we do get a decent delivery in, it's met by a fifty-pence-piece header and ends up in the stand.

Do we just not bother to practice corners in training?  
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 62
MuddyWaters
January 8, 2015, 5:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from diehardmariner

Soon enough though the standards slip and our corners either fail to clear the first man or are bread and butter for even the most average goalkeeper.   On the rare occasion we do get a decent delivery in, it's met by a fifty-pence-piece header and ends up in the stand.

Do we just not bother to practice corners in training?  

Is Justin Whittle still here?  
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 62
Garth
January 8, 2015, 5:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Seriously though do they practice corner taking during the week?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Help for Hursty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.