This thread currently has 3,792 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
January 3, 2015, 8:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Mark Lever v's Andy Tilson             Lever didn't get the big money move Tilson did . Pearson is a lot like Lever . Nathan Pond was a lot like Tilson

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 3, 2015, 12:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Spoke to rob Atkinson this morning, another quality defender we let go. I would think the likes of York, Hartlepool and others have had a look at him. Not that they can necessarily afford him but doesn't mean they are not interested

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
BIGChris
January 3, 2015, 12:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Spoke to rob Atkinson this morning, another quality defender we let go. I would think the likes of York, Hartlepool and others have had a look at him. Not that they can necessarily afford him but doesn't mean they are not interested

Atkinson & Lancashire were a key reason for our relegation IMO. Physically weak and naive in the extreme. Bullied and gave away far to many crucial free kicks and penalties. One of them alongside a more experienced head would have been ok.even Kempson at that time would have given us a much better chance of survival
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
ginnywings
January 3, 2015, 1:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Was talking to my brother about Pearson yesterday. He didn't go to the game NYD and listened on the radio. Buckley was asked by Tondeur about Pearson attracting admiring eyes from above and Buckley said that although he was a great admirer of Pearson, managers higher up would be looking at his mobility, as the higher you go, the players become quicker in thought and deed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
BIGChris
January 3, 2015, 1:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ginnywings
Was talking to my brother about Pearson yesterday. He didn't go to the game NYD and listened on the radio. Buckley was asked by Tondeur about Pearson attracting admiring eyes from above and Buckley said that although he was a great admirer of Pearson, managers higher up would be looking at his mobility, as the higher you go, the players become quicker in thought and deed.

Says the man who signed Heywood and Hope  
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
Abdul19
January 3, 2015, 1:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from BIGChris

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
ginnywings
January 3, 2015, 2:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from BIGChris

Yeah, the thought did cross my mind.

Was just relaying what Buckley said about Shaun, although by all accounts he had nothing but praise for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
chaos33
January 3, 2015, 2:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Don't know if you agree BC but in my opinion SP has improved by about 20% over the past 12 Months and I for one would think him suitable of playing for any League 1 or 2 Club. I rated Nathan Pond but I wouldn't swap him for Shaun Pearson at present.

There's a massive overstatement and assumption in there and Nathan Pond is a better footballer by some way IMO.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pearson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.