MuddyWaters
January 4, 2015, 5:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from chicaneuk
I just don't understand why so many people jump down John's throat whenever he shows his head on here. It must be rare even in clubs of this level to have reasonably direct access to the chairman of the club and I never (personally) think he says things that are excessively inflammatory or offensive. I mean jesus - some of the vitriol levelled at him on here over the years would be enough to make your toes curl!

I suggest you re-read his comments about the fans. Any person running a business who blames his customers for what is going wrong is barking up the wrong tree.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 122
grimsby pete
January 4, 2015, 5:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Just caught up with this thread,

Yes it is John Fenty that replied to my post,

I have spoken to John at two away games and he is Getyourfactsright,

I do not see a problem with John coming on here showing he is a fan as well as a director,

In fact I think its good that he wants to.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 122
chicaneuk
January 4, 2015, 6:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I suggest you re-read his comments about the fans. Any person running a business who blames his customers for what is going wrong is barking up the wrong tree.

It's a tough one. At the end of the day the fortune of the club rests at the feet of the players and the manager - I totally understand that. But I went to the Lincoln game and was stunned at how with over 7,000 people in the ground, you could virtually hear a pin drop, and the Lincoln fans could be heard quite loudly over the home support. What sort of message that sends to the players, I don't know, but it can't help.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 122
grimsby pete
January 4, 2015, 6:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from chicaneuk

It's a tough one. At the end of the day the fortune of the club rests at the feet of the players and the manager - I totally understand that. But I went to the Lincoln game and was stunned at how with over 7,000 people in the ground, you could virtually hear a pin drop, and the Lincoln fans could be heard quite loudly over the home support. What sort of message that sends to the players, I don't know, but it can't help.

Fans need something to cheer about,

Maybe they have seen too many false dawns.

We are in a catch 22 situation,

The fans need to see some attacking action / goals before they cheer,

BUT

The players might need some encouragement before they can find top gear.

Anybody got the answer ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 122
FishOutOfWater
January 4, 2015, 6:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from chicaneuk

I get your point but then again the message I got from the players both against Lincoln and again against Macclesfield was that they didn't want it as bad as their opponents

All the encouragement in the world counts for nothing if the players don't respond to the occasion

It's a problem that's not going to go away any time soon at  BP  because a lot of us fans know that even when we get behind the team it seems to fall on deaf ears and they don't seem to get any motivation from what support there is
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 94 - 122
lew chaterleys lover
January 4, 2015, 6:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,549
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from chicaneuk

Are we on some sort of loop here?

We have dropped through the divisions like a stone and have now been a non league team for 5 seasons and are basically b******d; all under the watchful eye of our esteemed leader.

Even so, 7000 turn up for a non league game, having paid £18 or thereabouts for the privelage, and all that seems to matter is the Lincoln fans (who were on a nice day out) made more noise than us?  

Don't you think a better idea than blaming loyal fans (noisy or otherwise) would be to ask those in authority what they intend to do to start reversing our fortunes?
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 122
chicaneuk
January 4, 2015, 6:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
It is a real dilemma, no doubt about it. Not looking to get into any arguments here or anything.. just trying to put across another point of view on things.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 122
MuddyWaters
January 4, 2015, 6:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from chicaneuk
It is a real dilemma, no doubt about it. Not looking to get into any arguments here or anything.. just trying to put across another point of view on things.

It's not an unreasonable point but blaming your paying customers for your own mistakes is clearly wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 122
Marinerz93
January 4, 2015, 6:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from chicaneuk

Other points of view are great for a healthy debate, the problem we have, is the frustrations of constantly being let down are coming to the surface and boiling over.

JF to PH are not proactive they are reactive, but the problem doesn't stop there, blaming fans is wasted energy that could be put to good use getting this team motivated and in a serious title contender position.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 122
FFS
January 4, 2015, 8:00pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +38 / -2
Approval: +252
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Peter loans in the club have nil bearing on going into admin or not. THEY NEVER HAVE.

Admin has never been an option purely because it's about funding the future. Not funding loans being called on or debt of any sort RELATED TO GTFC

The only CALLABLE debt we have is with the bank and yes they could call shots but never while the club Is a going concern.

I.e. AS LONG AS SOME LUNATIC IS PREPARED TO FUND FOR-CAST / ACTUAL LOSSES.

IF YOU KNOW A LUNATIC PLEASE RECOMMEND OUR CLUB.  

MIGHT BE WORTH YOU GIVING THIS ONE A WIDE BIRTH AS I DONT REMOTELY CONSIDER MY LOANS/SHARES AT ALL.

WHY DOES ANYONE THROW GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD!!!!! THEY MUST BE A LUNATIC

NOW THAT THERES PILLS FOR DEMENTIA , THEY MIGHT MAKE ONE FOR ME TO CURE LUNACY.  

FFS

"He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others."
-Samuel Johnson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 122
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.