Tommy
January 4, 2015, 11:08am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from 1739

That is the problem and the sticking point.  I think the play-offs is about luck and that is why I think people calling for Hurst's head when we are in a solid and good position to get a play-off spot are harsh. I would be more than happy to take us being an average side all the way through the season and scraping into the play-offs providing we get the luck on our side when we are in there. I will be calling for Hursts head at the end of the season if we have not been promoted but to do it now is to soon IMO and I don't think it helps at all.

Completely disagree that the play-offs is about luck.

The only difference between games in the play-offs and any other game is the extra pressure. So rather than luck, it requires a bit more bottle than normal.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 122
lew chaterleys lover
January 4, 2015, 11:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Peter loans in the club have nil bearing on going into admin or not. THEY NEVER HAVE.

Admin has never been an option purely because it's about funding the future. Not funding loans being called on or debt of any sort RELATED TO GTFC

The only CALLABLE debt we have is with the bank and yes they could call shots but never while the club Is a going concern.

I.e. AS LONG AS SOME LUNATIC IS PREPARED TO FUND FOR-CAST / ACTUAL LOSSES.

IF YOU KNOW A LUNATIC PLEASE RECOMMEND OUR CLUB.  

MIGHT BE WORTH YOU GIVING THIS ONE A WIDE BIRTH AS I DONT REMOTELY CONSIDER MY LOANS/SHARES AT ALL.

WHY DOES ANYONE THROW GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD!!!!! THEY MUST BE A LUNATIC

NOW THAT THERES PILLS FOR DEMENTIA , THEY MIGHT MAKE ONE FOR ME TO CURE LUNACY.  

Just what the hell is going on?

Assuming this really is Mr.Fenty this is no way to run a professional football club.

A lunatic with an over sized ego is doing us no favours at all.

How many years is it now we have just gone from one embarrassing incident to another? Surely it would be better to restructure the non playing side to bring some order to bear even if you still want to be the main man?

We surely cannot go on with you having late night rants at genuine supporters.

I am saying all of the above in the belief that Rob is right and it is Mr.Fenty, but I cannot understand how the radio or press haven't picked up on it if it is?    
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 122
dapperz fun pub
January 4, 2015, 11:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82

Assuming this really is Mr.Fenty this is no way to run a professional football club.

How many years is it now we have just gone from one embarrassing incident to another? Surely it would be better to restructure the non playing side to bring some order to bear even if you still want to be the main man?

I am saying all of the above in the belief that Rob is right and it is Mr.Fenty, but I cannot understand how the radio or press haven't picked up on it if it is?    

Not sure national media would care to much tbh and radio hull are used to fentys rants ( if it is him) so can't see burnsey being arsed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 122
Alfie
January 4, 2015, 12:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159

Mr. Fenty's rantings and ravings on here are just exposing to the wider public what many already knew.

This latest debacle is just one in a long, long line of embarrassments the bloke has served up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 122
GiveUsAG
January 4, 2015, 12:14pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
All of this because a disgruntled fan made up some lame rumour, which found it's way to Facebook?  

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 122
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 4, 2015, 12:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23

Peter loans in the club have nil bearing on going into admin or not. THEY NEVER HAVE.

Admin has never been an option purely because it's about funding the future. Not funding loans being called on or debt of any sort RELATED TO GTFC

The only CALLABLE debt we have is with the bank and yes they could call shots but never while the club Is a going concern.

MIGHT BE WORTH YOU GIVING THIS ONE A WIDE BIRTH AS I DONT REMOTELY CONSIDER MY LOANS/SHARES AT ALL.

Why does anyone throw good money after bad?

Several reasons. For instance

- guilt at making a such a pig's ear of managerial appointments and being largely instrumental in getting the club into the excrement.
- ambition to be remembered as the one who continued to bankroll the club come what may until it folded or got promoted.
- pleasure and sado-masochism of being in charge of a football club, what a conversation piece that would be over the vino.
- genuine love of the club and desire to see it making its way up the leagues. (warning - this may be delusional!)

If your loans don't matter and the bank won't foreclose anytime soon, perhaps you would give us the benefit of your wisdom as to why nobody wants to join you in taking the club back where it belongs?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 122
MuddyWaters
January 4, 2015, 12:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235

Amongst all the questionable things you have done, this is probably the most questionable. I'm not sure that anyone who reads this will have much faith in a major shareholder that puts such matters in the public domain like this. In fact, maybe this whole thread ought to be removed asap.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 122
forza ivano
January 4, 2015, 12:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,167
Gold Stars: 265
I love these threads! we just need a few contributions from Wayne, ffs and a couple of 80 s glory essays to complete the circus  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 122
dapperz fun pub
January 4, 2015, 12:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Amongst all the questionable things you have done, this is probably the most questionable. I'm not sure that anyone who reads this will have much faith in a major shareholder that puts such matters in the public domain like this. In fact, maybe this whole thread ought to be removed asap.

If it's the most questionable thing he's done why would you want the thread deleted? I'm assuming it is john and I'm interested in what the majority shareholder as to say about MY club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 122
MuddyWaters
January 4, 2015, 12:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

If it's the most questionable thing he's done why would you want the thread deleted? I'm assuming it is john and I'm interested in what the majority shareholder as to say about MY club

Because it's HIS club! He made clear the other day what he thinks about the fans, you know the people who are the paying customers!
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 122
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Facebook rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.