Agree

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 122
January 4, 2015, 1:12am
Guest User
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

If I was a outsider and saw Grimsby town had lost to Gateshead in a 2 legged play off I'd think god they must be proper excrement nowadays. Winning managers have that extra 10% losing managers plod to expectation and nothing more. Hurst is a professional guy and I think a good guy but he will take us to the line not over it

That is the problem and the sticking point.  I think the play-offs is about luck and that is why I think people calling for Hurst's head when we are in a solid and good position to get a play-off spot are harsh. I would be more than happy to take us being an average side all the way through the season and scraping into the play-offs providing we get the luck on our side when we are in there. I will be calling for Hursts head at the end of the season if we have not been promoted but to do it now is to soon IMO and I don't think it helps at all.
Reply: 61 - 122
ginnywings
January 4, 2015, 2:53am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Grimal

Yes I know he did but anyone can  join the Fishy with what ever details they wish to give. Perhaps Robs been sucked in.

I'm no computer expert but i imagine the IP address will tell Rob who is who.

As for spelling and punctuation, some of the most successful businessmen i know couldn't spell to save their lives. A talent for making money and being well educated don't necessarily go hand in hand.

I have no idea on JF's education by the way. Just postulating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 122
GorgeousGeorge
January 4, 2015, 5:47am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +30
Quoted from ginnywings

I'm no computer expert but i imagine the IP address will tell Rob who is who.

As for spelling and punctuation, some of the most successful businessmen i know couldn't spell to save their lives. A talent for making money and being well educated don't necessarily go hand in hand.

I have no idea on JF's education by the way. Just postulating.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he's dyslexic.  This was confirmed around four years ago while he was at a football seminar in Germany.  Not being sure if the waitress in the hotel could understand English, JF wrote down his request for 'bratwurst' on a piece of paper.  Not sure if there is a link here but a few weeks later we got Paul Hurst,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 122
DocTower
January 4, 2015, 8:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from 1739

That is the problem and the sticking point.  I think the play-offs is about luck and that is why I think people calling for Hurst's head when we are in a solid and good position to get a play-off spot are harsh. I would be more than happy to take us being an average side all the way through the season and scraping into the play-offs providing we get the luck on our side when we are in there. I will be calling for Hursts head at the end of the season if we have not been promoted but to do it now is to soon IMO and I don't think it helps at all.

I can't disagree with your comments , however as it appears to most fans he seems unable to motivate the players when needed . How would you feel when the axe is hanging over your head  knowing this .   Play offs as have been said is just luck on the day , unfortunately we have that strange ability not to get it when we need it most .

Gateshead Saturday , very low crowd , opposition I assume will want to put right yesterdays result .
Two of my colleagues haven't decided whether to go or not yet , still hurting from the last two games.

As one said " If they don't bother to turn up why should I "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 122
ackomariner
January 4, 2015, 9:13am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
You couldn't make this lot up, never known the fans of this club be so split like we are at the minute.

From what I heard at the end of the Macclesfield game , on here, on facebook, on two other sites on facebook, radio humberside on the way home from the Macclesfield game , I think the majority of people want a change.

I started a thread this time last year on this forum asking for change and were no further on, learnt nothing, still don't know our strongest team, formation , loan players that are not good enough, young lads not getting a sniff,

I've just about had enough tbh, then to top it off, jf has another rant. Shame he couldn't come on after the Macclesfield game when asked to give his thoughts on that performance , but chose to shy away

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 122
BIGChris
January 4, 2015, 10:05am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Totally and utterly embarrassing
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 122
Garth
January 4, 2015, 10:20am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Nearly man like Graham Taylor nice man if a little stubborn and arrogant IMO,  resulting in alienating the fans and as such driving wedges between board and paying public, the fact that he is relying on promotion to keep his job makes him cautious in his choice of players and tactics.

Call me negative if you like but its a mix that's doomed to another failure and possibly exit stage left of the chief shareholder,-- solution? another manager now,  that would at least create some excitement and hope with new players of his choice in the transfer window but at the risk to JF that he could choose the wrong man, or stick with what seems a condemned man.

Personally I would be excited at the risk of a new man, but also nervous that it might be a step too far too soon, step forward a risk taker while I step back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 122
Marinerz93
January 4, 2015, 10:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Peter loans in the club have nil bearing on going into admin or not. THEY NEVER HAVE.

Admin has never been an option purely because it's about funding the future. Not funding loans being called on or debt of any sort RELATED TO GTFC

The only CALLABLE debt we have is with the bank and yes they could call shots but never while the club Is a going concern.

I.e. AS LONG AS SOME LUNATIC IS PREPARED TO FUND FOR-CAST / ACTUAL LOSSES.

IF YOU KNOW A LUNATIC PLEASE RECOMMEND OUR CLUB.  

MIGHT BE WORTH YOU GIVING THIS ONE A WIDE BIRTH AS I DONT REMOTELY CONSIDER MY LOANS/SHARES AT ALL.

WHY DOES ANYONE THROW GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD!!!!! THEY MUST BE A LUNATIC

NOW THAT THERES PILLS FOR DEMENTIA , THEY MIGHT MAKE ONE FOR ME TO CURE LUNACY.  

It is great that you do interact with the fans, and when you post it is as a fan but also a director with inside knowledge of the club.  The downside of you posting as an informed fan, is you hold a position within the club.  This means that when you post, you are representing the club. I fully understand that in the heat of the moment you will post from time to time something you can't retract before people read it and make judgements. It is these postings that degrade your image, standing and give foundations that the club is being poorly run.

The rumour had already been exposed as rubbish and if you needed to make a statement all that was needed was a simple 'There is no truth on this', not the rant above.

As a Town fan since 79, I have seen the tough and bad times and my underlining fear is things will get worse.  PH may be meeting the clubs objectives with getting into the play off's but it will not be in the manner that is required to go up and stay up.

The home performances and results overall are not good or convincing enough that this club has winning ambitions. Injuries always play a part in the majority of teams it is how you adapt to that and to coin a new phrase PH has buffer face as far as who is required to make us a force. You said in a previous post that we are on course as we beat Macclesfield away but then we went on to turn in an even worse performance than the one against Lincoln.

Your tenure so far isn't going to make good reading in years to come, this is your legacy, it is still in your control.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 122
jonnyboy82
January 4, 2015, 11:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from BIGChris
Totally and utterly embarrassing

which part ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 122
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Facebook rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.