MuddyWaters
January 6, 2015, 4:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

also Don't want to be rude, but alot of talk on this forum is about others, Ched Evans, Akinfenwa...

was simply stating that while we haven't got promoted liked we all hoped, we haven't failed as badly as people are making out

My point is that teams get promotion on budgets both big and small - it's how it's spent that counts. Also remember that, other than clubs who have remained in the Prem, we are one of the clubs that has gone longest without promotion - 17 seasons without success.
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 122
Teestogreen
January 6, 2015, 5:24pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
I'm staggered at that,  Old Codger - consider myself fortunate to have a long memory.

UTM

Also, I hope LJL does score 20 + goals - he has far exceeded his goals tally for previous seasons already.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 122
KingstonMariner
January 6, 2015, 6:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
we have 'one of the biggest budgets' and in the last 2 season have made the play-offs.

FGR, spend i would say at least double ours and don't make the play-offs, that is what i would class as a failure

On what basis would you say that? If I recall correctly our turnover is a couple of million with a deficit of a few hundred k p.a.. Given our gate is about 3 times FGR's, their benefactor must therefore be chipping in about £4m a year to make their budget double ours.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 122
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Facebook rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.