arryarryarry
January 4, 2015, 8:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from chicaneuk

It's a tough one. At the end of the day the fortune of the club rests at the feet of the players and the manager - I totally understand that. But I went to the Lincoln game and was stunned at how with over 7,000 people in the ground, you could virtually hear a pin drop, and the Lincoln fans could be heard quite loudly over the home support. What sort of message that sends to the players, I don't know, but it can't help.

Oh give me strength, not another trying to blame the fans.
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 122
chicaneuk
January 4, 2015, 8:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from arryarryarry

Oh give me strength, not another trying to blame the fans.

Not at all. I can't say I was singing either.. in fact I don't think I raised my voice more than a few times, and that was mostly out of frustration with how we were playing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 122
DocTower
January 4, 2015, 8:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from chicaneuk

Not at all. I can't say I was singing either.. in fact I don't think I raised my voice more than a few times, and that was mostly out of frustration with how we were playing

None of our group did either . Just out of interest which of our present squad excites you when he gets the ball .  Who was the last player over the past few years , only Hearn .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 122
darren9
January 4, 2015, 8:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +590
Gold Stars: 39
Somewhere in Blundell park there's an office marked 'PR' ... Probably at the back of the cleaning cupboard or somewhere.

In this office they've probably been feeling pretty happy. The Lloyd and Thomas Turgoose vids have done well and the Lennie vid has gone viral and everything.

Twitter interaction has improved and the club is communicating well with the fans.

Then our beloved major shareholder gets a fishy login.

Someone should take all his post Christmas alcohol off him cancel his Internet.

I guess that PR/cleaner guy will be banging his head off the wall/mop cupboard come 9am.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 122
chicaneuk
January 4, 2015, 8:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from DocTower

None of our group did either . Just out of interest which of our present squad excites you when he gets the ball .  Who was the last player over the past few years , only Hearn .

That's a tough question. Frankly we haven't seen a striker of Hearn's quality since he left the club. There's a few players I rate in terms of being pretty solid - Thomas, Magnay, and Pearson. And when he's on form, Neilson is brilliant and can play football of a quality that is above this league.. but he's seemed off the boil for a while now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 122
forza ivano
January 4, 2015, 11:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,141
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from FFS

FFS

Good to see you back mate.as usual you have summed it up succinctly,but perfectly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 122
ska face
January 4, 2015, 11:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,364
Gold Stars: 824
This is what happens when you allow the 'majority shareholder' to surround himself with people who won't dare question him. Do you reckon anyone at GTFC will be knocking on his door in the morning, asking what the flipping hell he was thinking AGAIN?
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 122
Teestogreen
January 5, 2015, 12:08am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from ska face
This is what happens when you allow the 'majority shareholder' to surround himself with people who won't dare question him. Do you reckon anyone at GTFC will be knocking on his door in the morning, asking what the flipping hell he was thinking AGAIN?

If this is the case, it is very unhealthy. Hopefully, there are independent advisors -  (this website as far as I can ascertain) giving a feedback to the directors as they see it.

4th does appear to be an illusion at this point - where are the goals for the second half of the season going to come from? No one, apart from Ross Hannah, has been goals prolific in previous seasons.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 122
pizzzza
January 5, 2015, 7:12am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,660
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from ska face

But isn't this why there are two Trust members on the board,  to represent fans views at this level and ask these sort of questions?
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 122
MuddyWaters
January 5, 2015, 7:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Teestogreen

4th does appear to be an illusion at this point - where are the goals for the second half of the season going to come from? No one, apart from Ross Hannah, has been goals prolific in previous seasons.

Illusion or delusion?
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 122
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.