Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Last 10 games...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 182 Guests

Last 10 games...

This thread currently has 2,692 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
MarinerWY
December 29, 2014, 12:48am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,981
Gold Stars: 47
The last 10 games, we have the same record as Barnet:

Won: 6, Lost: 2, Drawn: 2

I'm sure there aren't calls for Barnet to sack their manager.

Automatic promotion still not out of sight, and personally I'm confident we can beat the other play-off contenders over two-legs.

Onwards and upwards, frustrating as today evidentally was. Macclesfield on Thursday. C'mon Town.
Private Message
LH
December 29, 2014, 12:49am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
All well and good matching them but we need to better their record.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
MarinerWY
December 29, 2014, 12:52am

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH
All well and good matching them but we need to better their record.

Absolutely. But it was more to make the point that this form does not, in my opinion, constitute even thinking about changing a manager or losing faith. It needs to be better for the top-spot. But in perspective, we are getting the results for a decent form and are in the play-off spots and will be come May.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
DocTower
December 29, 2014, 7:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Results game , yes , but it's the manner of the results . Grinding out 1-0 s , hoof ball , players not turning up .  Like someone posted about the lack of atmosphere , give the crowd some excitement to shout about . If your not entertained you're going to look elsewhere . At least Barnet score goals , shame about their location  because they will never get good crowds .

Next couple of games will sort or real position and potential .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
arryarryarry
December 29, 2014, 1:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MarinerWY
The last 10 games, we have the same record as Barnet:

Won: 6, Lost: 2, Drawn: 2

I'm sure there aren't calls for Barnet to sack their manager.

Automatic promotion still not out of sight, and personally I'm confident we can beat the other play-off contenders over two-legs.

Onwards and upwards, frustrating as today evidentally was. Macclesfield on Thursday. C'mon Town.

Probably because they are 7 points ahead of the second placed team and 12 points ahead of us.

Really? I haven't checked the last 10 results as I cannot be arsed but if you are right and we have the exact same record then we have gained, hold on let me work this out, it will come to me in a minute, ah yes nil points over 10 games so to catch up the 12 points on Barnet we need to to better them by, oh bollox I can't be bothered to work that out.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
crusty ole pie
December 29, 2014, 7:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62

Automatic promotion still not out of sight, and personally I'm confident we can beat the other play-off contenders over two legs .[/quote]

More importantly are we capable of beating a playoff contender over 90 minutes in the final
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
dapperz fun pub
December 29, 2014, 7:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Automatic promotion still not out of sight, and personally I'm confident we can beat the other play-off contenders over two legs .

More importantly are we capable of beating a playoff contender over 90 minutes in the final [/quote]

we got got out fought by a mid table side yesterday coached by a gas mains layer who to be fair to him got the tactics right and motivated his team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
MarinerWY
December 30, 2014, 8:07am

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Quoted Text
More importantly are we capable of beating a playoff contender over 90 minutes in the final

we got got out fought by a mid table side yesterday coached by a gas mains layer who to be fair to him got the tactics right and motivated his team

And two days before that we also beat one of the other main play-off contenders...
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
Marinerz93
December 30, 2014, 12:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MarinerWY

And two days before that we also beat one of the other main play-off contenders...[/quote]

Do you think our home record is good enough for us to get to a play off final and should we limit the attendance to say 3,500, you know to take out that big crowd syndrome our players have.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
Abdul19
December 30, 2014, 12:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Marinerz93

should we limit the attendance to say 3,500, you know to take out that big crowd syndrome our players have.

The results against Southport and Altrincham suggest we also have a small crowd syndrome

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 30, 2014, 1:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from MarinerWY

And two days before that we also beat one of the other main play-off contenders...[/quote]

By playing the same tactics as the gas mains layer? It works, if you are away from home the onus is on the home side to perform and if they struggle a bit they get frustrated and you tend to get a bit more room for the breakaways. It will be interesting to see what happens against Macc on the back of their two losses. If they come with gas mains layer tactics I fear we won't have the nous to combat it.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
WokingMariner
December 30, 2014, 1:28pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
We are 4/1 for promotion (third favourites) which means there's a 1 in 5 chance we will go up, better odds than rolling a dice and needing a 6.

Up the Mighty Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 15
Marinerz93
December 30, 2014, 1:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Abdul19

The results against Southport and Altrincham suggest we also have a small crowd syndrome

Ouch  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Stevie Saunders
December 30, 2014, 2:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +363
We win... everyone happy
We lose...everyone unhappy

That's football

When you look at things from a neutral point of view it's amazing what you see - I saw Hull batter Leicester on Sunday on MOTD and they just couldn't score; I would say they were very unlucky; calls for Bruce to be sacked on RH are utterly ridiculous

I wouldn't say we battered Lincoln, far from it, but we had enough chances to score goals. Because we are not neutral when it comes to GTFC we all get really hacked off, fed up and lash out.

Fine lines and all that....

Never thought we'd win the league (as from about end September) and for that reason will be delighted with a play off place based on squad we have, particularly lack of goals.

As Hurst said the other day there will be several very good Conference sides not getting in play offs in what is a very competitive year.
So to match what the leaders are doing over 10 games is not good enough for a title challenge but very good for a play off place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
Stevie Saunders
December 30, 2014, 2:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +363
Taken from GT...if true!

"But the home form continues to be inconsistent and is the reason why the Mariners are behind Barnet in the table. Seven wins from 14 home matches isn't great going – and take out the seven goals against Alfreton and we've netted just 16 from 13 matches, not enough to win matches."

I honestly believe that for a non league team we have a pretty decent side but for the goal scoring/strikers... see above and I rest my case
Back 5 as good as any (if not the best) in league; midfield/wide men are better as a group than last season; front players - no predators/natural goalscorers (Hannah OK, but he's not a great footballer IMO and that's why he doesn't get in).

Allowing for the fact Pittman had a very good game (apart from finishing) v Lincoln I'd be tempted to start with Watson v Macc. Why not? The lad has a great goal scoring record and he might be the natural scorer who changes our season around.
He can't contribute much less than others apart from LJL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
Garth
December 30, 2014, 2:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
No idea what he`s like in training but time methinks to start Watson with the shop or if injured  Pitman and see how it goes,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Last 10 games...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.