This thread currently has 2,507 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
DocTower
December 29, 2014, 12:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Lets face it you could copy and paste all our corners and throw ins . We just are not dangerous , only to ourselves .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
FishOutOfWater
December 29, 2014, 12:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from DocTower
Lets face it you could copy and paste all our corners and throw ins . We just are not dangerous , only to ourselves .

As evidenced by the sloppy throw in right at the end of the half that led to them taking the lead....

If we'd gone in level at half time then it's my belief we'd have still got something other than an embarrassing defeat to a team who had not won on their travels since the first weeks of the season

Why is it time after time teams come here and end their disappointing runs. It's not just about them getting the rub of the green for once - it's equally about us giving them a helping hand
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 15
moosey_club
December 29, 2014, 12:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
I thought that corners actually improved yesterday apart from the first couple...a fair few went far post instead of the usual not beating the first man....crossing in general has been poor or non existent most of the season, Magnay has slung some nice balls over, Bignot put a couple of half decent balls in not long after entering the fray yesterday and probably top of the pile has been Pitman...just a shame its a striker putting the balls into where he should be receiving them.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Madeleymariner
December 29, 2014, 5:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Near post corners are great but only if you get your player in front of theirs (ala Kidderminster?) which we never do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
crusty ole pie
December 29, 2014, 6:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,326
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from oldun
Agree we must do better at this. It has been a problem for a long time and I cannot understand why we cannot get it right. No accuracy or variety, surely PH has a coaching book on corner taking.

It must be on the same page has the piece on changing your attacking options
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
LH
December 29, 2014, 8:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
It doesn't matter how many Town games I go to I always give it a big MARINERS! for the first corner before remembering we haven't taken a good one in years and save my breath for the rest of the game.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Set pieces

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.