Reply: 40 - 48
cod_head_doug
December 27, 2014, 11:52am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 3
well just back after an interesting few hours on the M62 .
I thought the conditions made for a scrappy game, no one shone out for me from either team but we worked hard enough to grind out the points. I feel for Toto as I did not see much wrong with the tackle he got booked for which now means he misses the next two games

Got to also say hats off to the town fans behind the goal today, with no cover it must have been torture.

We got home at 12.15, but it was my fault for stopping for a curry after the match in Manchesters curry mile !
M62 at saddleworth was real dodgy, didnt move for minutes at a time then 10 mile an hour until we got past the Huddersfield turn off.
Thought that the conditions were affecting the game quite a lot, resulting in a lot of sloppy play by both teams.
Agree that Pearson was MOM, but Brown did a great job busting up their midfield. Suprised how poor they were, or was it that we dominated them so much. Good beer and chip butty in Big Keefs bar, and friendly locals. Good decision to buy seating tickets.
And a fantastic three points, well done lads.
Just what lower league footy is all about.

Bobby Cummings is my hero ! The main reason I am a Cod Head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 48
grimsbymaz
December 27, 2014, 12:52pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +14
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Home 7 hours after leaving !!!! Nevermind, we got 3 points.

Just a quick one, do the guys in a red citreon ds3 come on here ? You was a massive help on the way home. Thank you

I was in the car. It the other guys doing the work tbh i was just sat in the back... Attempting to going up that hill was a bit frightening..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 48
1mickylyons
December 27, 2014, 2:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
We got home just after 7.30pm but assume we were probably amongst the first Town fans away and went over the Pennines and we hit the snow just as it was starting to fall we said then anyone coming that way half an hour later was in for a rough ride just hope everyone made it back safe however long ot took .Great 3 points UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 48
pontoonlew
December 27, 2014, 2:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from LH
Remember the slating you were giving LJL being one of the favourites and always picked? He's been doing the business all year. Mackreth, frankly, hasn't. He's been really disappointing but has a couple of goals in the last few weeks now so hoping he's turned a corner.

And remember the slating people got for questioning LJL? Yet the same people seem to be happy to have an open season on Mackreth instead, the same Mackreth who has the most assists in the team this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 48
Richard Cranium
December 27, 2014, 2:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: -36
The team coach was home before 8.30 p.m.
Obviously the team bus driver used his noggin and adhered to dodging the trip via Buxton (which you would avoid this time of the year anyway) owing
to the forecast of snow. We were home at 8.45 p.m. after half hour stop at Ferrybridge'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 48
rancido
December 27, 2014, 3:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
I can understand the criticism about Mackreth but more on account of the player we thought we were getting. PH has publicly stated that he has been after him for two seasons and I really thought we were getting somebody a lot more dynamic than we got. He may be quick but I haven't seen a lot of evidence  of this. He always seems reluctant to take on his full-back ( but this could be his instructions , I don't know ). IMO he seems no better than Coulbeck and at least he used to support his full-back more. I've heard a little bit of a whisper that he isn't really happy here but it could just be an unfounded rumour.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 48
promotion plaice
December 27, 2014, 3:43pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Just come across a few pics ( sorry if already posted )

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....ail/pictures.html#11

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 48
Madeleymariner
December 27, 2014, 5:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
The problem is, if we are going to play counterattacking football we need fast wingers that are going to fly through and aim at getting straight to the pen area or if wide beating the full back then laying it back for incoming players in the box. Not ambling towards the corner flag then turning round and passing it 10/15 yards backwards for the full back to punt a hopeful diagonal ball onto the head of the opposing centre half, this unfortuneately is what we got throughout yesterdays game with Mackreth
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.