WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
December 27, 2014, 12:32am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
Are we getting away with it at the moment?
Didn't think we were great against FGR to be honest - two moments of quality in a battling performance
Cannot hold onto the ball for 5 seconds
We probably have best defence in league - and it's a good job
We go 1-0 up but never seem able to kick on; why is that? It doesn't make sense as we have some excellent players IMO

said it many times this season - we don't score enough goals and a big part of that is not being able to build a head of steam up with high-tempo, passing football

Results are everything so these cracks get papered over and we all move on

I feel like we ask this question at this time of the season every season, we hope for January signings that provide a solution before we collapse, this year a Pacey creative player who can also get back and support the fullback (I realise it's conference and you usually have to settle for just one of those things) but we've not got it right in January as of yet and not had a good second half of a season, this year Paul hurst has to say to the board, ive kept us in a position to challenge, now provide me with a real quality player or two so that we can maintain the challenge and see if barnet collapse, think the board has shown a lot of believe in hurst in keeping him so now it's time to gamble and give the team that extra push, think anyone can see that this year we've got the base of quality that we need just needs building on, definately feel it's the most solid all round squad we've had despite some inconsistency and slight lack of goals

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 48
cleethorpes_mariner
December 27, 2014, 12:34am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
well just back after an interesting few hours on the M62 .
I thought the conditions made for a scrappy game, no one shone out for me from either team but we worked hard enough to grind out the points. I feel for Toto as I did not see much wrong with the tackle he got booked for which now means he misses the next two games

Got to also say hats off to the town fans behind the goal today, with no cover it must have been torture.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 48
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 27, 2014, 1:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
We were fortunate enough to be allowed to move into the seating thanks to a couple of great stewards. Fantastic noise and support from all those that made the journey

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 48
jimgtfc
December 27, 2014, 9:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 45
I think I might have actually dried out at last haha. Cracking day, cracking result... UTM!!!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 48
Mariner Ronnie
December 27, 2014, 9:25am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
I went on the m62 and got home for 7:30, in guessing there must've been an accident just after then?

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 48
WappingMariner
December 27, 2014, 10:55am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +125
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
We were fortunate enough to be allowed to move into the seating thanks to a couple of great stewards. Fantastic noise and support from all those that made the journey

I did wonder why all of the sudden those in the seated section had become a little rowdy in the second half. Then I turned my head and thought 'jammy buggers'. Fantastic effort from all Town fans who made the trip yesterday. Some of them have only just got home.

We've got Jason Pearcey, number one, we've got the best team in the land...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 48
pontoonlew
December 27, 2014, 11:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
Can I just say that the abuse of Mackreth on this board week after week is absolutely tiresome. We all know what he's capeable of, he's torn us apart plenty of times in the past. Give the lad a break, he's just scored the winning goal FFS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 48
mariner91
December 27, 2014, 11:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,633
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from pontoonlew
Can I just say that the abuse of Mackreth on this board week after week is absolutely tiresome. We all know what he's capeable of, he's torn us apart plenty of times in the past. Give the lad a break, he's just scored the winning goal FFS.

Then it's really about time he started to show it. Well done to him for the goal yesterday but so far I've failed to see him look anything like dangerous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 48
LH
December 27, 2014, 11:27am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Remember the slating you were giving LJL being one of the favourites and always picked? He's been doing the business all year. Mackreth, frankly, hasn't. He's been really disappointing but has a couple of goals in the last few weeks now so hoping he's turned a corner.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 48
Madeleymariner
December 27, 2014, 11:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Wuss
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.