5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
December 26, 2014, 11:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Thought back four were excellent, MacKreth worst player out of the 22 that started, as said before apart from the goal he ran like he was in treacle, did not beat a player at any point, even when starting a yard ahead he would just suddenly slow down instead of going for the line or cutting across his man. He could of been clean through twice in the second half but first a bad touch then the next time outpaced by their centre half having started in front of him. Its simple he either has no pace or no confidence. Let him off though he scored the winner.   Glad we went 433 when we did and just about saw out the game, was waiting in injury time for a repeat of last season. Ref was pretty shocking to the point their old boys in the main stand were trying to get over the fence to to get at him.  That slight touch is a free kick, that blatant push isn't etc. Just never knew what he was going to do.
Very cold, very wet on that terracing, lucky I did not have far to travel back but as usual Staffs County Council are incapable of keeping 2 major dual carriageways through the city clear after it snowed for a total of 20 mins. Hope all those travelling back get there safe, Buxton is not the place to head for when it snows.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 48
December 26, 2014, 11:17pm
Guest User
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Thought back four were excellent, MacKreth worst player out of the 22 that started, as said before apart from the goal he ran like he was in treacle, did not beat a player at any point, even when starting a yard ahead he would just suddenly slow down instead of going for the line or cutting across his man. He could of been clean through twice in the second half but first a bad touch then the next time outpaced by their centre half having started in front of him. Its simple he either has no pace or no confidence. Let him off though he scored the winner.   Glad we went 433 when we did and just about saw out the game, was waiting in injury time for a repeat of last season. Ref was pretty shocking to the point their old boys in the main stand were trying to get over the fence to to get at him.  That slight touch is a free kick, that blatant push isn't etc. Just never knew what he was going to do.
Very cold, very wet on that terracing, lucky I did not have far to travel back but as usual Staffs County Council are incapable of keeping 2 major dual carriageways through the city clear after it snowed for a total of 20 mins. Hope all those travelling back get there safe, Buxton is not the place to head for when it snows.

"Its simple he either has no pace or no confidence"

Can't say I'd know, even at Sunday league level but surely if you are genuinely quick, you just knock the sodomist ahead and run? I can handle that, no issues with that after watching Mark Smith who we signed from Huddersfield do that, he was shite but that was 20 years ago, he used to knock it and go. I see no evidence Macreth is quick, Smith used to forget the football but I had no doubt he was fast. I see no pace, or ability in Macreth. Cheers for todays goal Jack, but improve massively or go back to Macclesfield.
Reply: 21 - 48
Stevie Saunders
December 26, 2014, 11:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Are we getting away with it at the moment?
Didn't think we were great against FGR to be honest - two moments of quality in a battling performance
Cannot hold onto the ball for 5 seconds
We probably have best defence in league - and it's a good job
We go 1-0 up but never seem able to kick on; why is that? It doesn't make sense as we have some excellent players IMO

said it many times this season - we don't score enough goals and a big part of that is not being able to build a head of steam up with high-tempo, passing football

Results are everything so these cracks get papered over and we all move on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 48
EY Mariner
December 26, 2014, 11:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Poor game played in increasingly difficult conditions, as anyone who has been on the roads tonight will know only too well. Neither side could really have complained if it ended up all square but, for all their pressing, Macclesfield only forced McKeown to make one routine save all afternoon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 48
AdamHaddock
December 26, 2014, 11:39pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,831
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from 75

From what Krusty says, that would be better. Glad I'm a vegetarian .

Bloody hell, thought I was the only one on here.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 48
Mariner Ronnie
December 26, 2014, 11:39pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from EY Mariner
Poor game played in increasingly difficult conditions, as anyone who has been on the roads tonight will know only too well. Neither side could really have complained if it ended up all square but, for all their pressing, Macclesfield only forced McKeown to make one routine save all afternoon.

And it came from a long way out too, it seems to be the only way to get past our defence!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 48
Teestogreen
December 26, 2014, 11:56pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
from Morecambe v Carlisle

very competitive game - players in this game the likes of Grimsby may want to sign.

ok  - Kevin Ellison and Jamie Devitt played for Morecambe and were slightly short of greatness in terms of creating / scoring goals.

Was impressed with the threat of Beeley (the Morecambe right back) - where the team plan was to play him in on the overlap - Carlisle  had to resort to highly physical measures to prevent him (without referee intervention) - but he showed his quality - (good defender as well).

For Carlisle, Beck is the main physical striker  - LJL is far more accomplished imo. But Keith Curle team tactics dictated that his midfield neutralised this game - Dempsey and Potts.

Hopefully, Town reps are watching these sort of games - just in case we go up.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 48
hertfordshire mariner
December 27, 2014, 12:06am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from grimps

I started to head towards Buxton as my Satnav was telling me but I shat myself and turned around.
Picked the M62 up and made it home for 8.30 thank god.
I still cant feel my feet , I cant believe the team coach headed that way, you'd think a professional driver would have seen the signs of trouble heading in that direction

i went that way and have just got home. snow was really bad but peoples lack of having any clue how to drive in it made it so much worse.  

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 48
Jarmo.Is.God
December 27, 2014, 12:15am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Home 7 hours after leaving !!!! Nevermind, we got 3 points.

Just a quick one, do the guys in a red citreon ds3 come on here ? You was a massive help on the way home. Thank you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 48
sydney
December 27, 2014, 12:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Just back seven hours in the Car stuck twice
That's after been stood in the rain and cold for two hours watching a poor game
Mac were poor worse than last season we thought
We did what we had to do
Fantastic result for us
Great support again
Can't make Lincoln
please gtfc put them in there place
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.