Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Do we play you soon?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 229 Guests

Do we play you soon?

This thread currently has 6,821 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Helgy
December 23, 2014, 4:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Never known this site to be so quiet so close to playing Lincoln
Normally there have been about plenty of threads but this year none?
Logged Offline
Private Message
December 23, 2014, 4:57pm
Guest User
Personally, I'm very bored of this 'derby'. It doesn't mean that much to me aside from the three points I hope we gain. Don't even know when it is, the 28th? Or New Years Day. We need to get out of this league as soon as possible so we can play the filth up the A180 and even Barnsley.
Reply: 1 - 35
LH
December 23, 2014, 5:14pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
I'd like to see us avenge our loss at yours earlier this season but other than that it's a struggle to muster any enthusiasm for a game against a lowly Lincoln. If we were both at the top it might be a bit better but with the inevitable poor following from there it just seems like another game against a bottom half team. Not meaning to be offensive - it's bad for our county's football that we're both in this league and Scunny are the only Lincolnshire FL representatives.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
moosey_club
December 23, 2014, 7:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
We must be as Lincs Police have been issuing warnings to both elements through the local media today.....both sets of spotters will be out on patrol, trouble will not be tolerated, if you just want to fight you will be disappointed...(normally the case when we play Lincoln as they dont turn up.....bdum tssshhhh) etc etc.

The way they are talking it up makes it sound like there have been mass brawls and running riots in recent fixtures.....sounds like they are trying to justify the immense police presence that will be on show (no doubt on double bubble time) ahead of the invoice the club will receive.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
December 23, 2014, 8:35pm
Guest User
I don't see it as a derby. I don't mind Lincoln, they have always been irrelevant although a lot of  Lincoln fans despise Town. I honestly do think a lot of it has to do with envy which I am guilty of in regards to most of our real rivals.
Reply: 4 - 35
Tom13
December 23, 2014, 8:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
I think the fact that it comes between two very important games at the top of the table against Macclesfield kind of takes the edge off it as well - if I had to choose one of the three Christmas games to lose, I'd be inclined to say the Lincoln game because losing (one of) the other two would mean ground lost on Macclesfield.

Obviously I still want to win the derby though (and preferably all 3 if possible!)!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
mrsd
December 23, 2014, 9:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
Quoted from Tom13
I think the fact that it comes between two very important games at the top of the table against Macclesfield kind of takes the edge off it as well - if I had to choose one of the three Christmas games to lose, I'd be inclined to say the Lincoln game because losing (one of) the other two would mean ground lost on Macclesfield.

Obviously I still want to win the derby though (and preferably all 3 if possible!)!

If we lost to Lincoln we would probably lose ground on Macclesfield too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
Marinerz93
December 23, 2014, 10:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Helgy
Never known this site to be so quiet so close to playing Lincoln
Normally there have been about plenty of threads but this year none?

Sadly due to the fact that Lincoln fans put more effort with poor excuses not to turn up than actually turn up, your team has become a poor derby fixture almost treated as another non league game.

Lincoln are the worst supported Lincs derby team.  Scunthorpe almost filled the away end when they came, Lincoln bring around a 3rd of that support, shocking really.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 23, 2014, 10:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Lincoln are a fair way below Town in the table. That's always a danger sign. Three points counts the same no matter who you beat to get them so the Lincoln game should be taken as seriously as Macc and Barnet - in Town's case more so when you consider our record against lower teams.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
Tom13
December 23, 2014, 10:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from mrsd

If we lost to Lincoln we would probably lose ground on Macclesfield too

Obviously but the hypothetical point is if you had to choose to lose one then losing either of the Macc games would do more harm to our title hopes than losing to a mid-table team - if the game was against Wrexham who are in a similar position, no doubt we'd be prioritising the Macc games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Do we play you soon?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.