2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
December 22, 2014, 10:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Looks like he tried to commit suicide,depression is a terrible state to be in let's hope he makes it and spare a thought for the innocent lorry driver
Logged Offline
Private Message
cmackenzie4
December 22, 2014, 11:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Hope he is ok mate, what happened?  I know a couple of people ( close friends ) who suffer with depression and it's not very nice to see.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
northbankmariner
December 22, 2014, 11:22pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Wow didn't know this had happened. There was a very interesting documentary on him on tv earlier this year and he did mention his previous depression issues on there and what the fa could do for players in a similar situation. A very very intelligent man gripped by a horrible illness. Hope he pulls through and no one else are badly hurt.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
LH
December 22, 2014, 11:28pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Injuries not life threatening according to Twitter.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
LongEatonMariner
December 23, 2014, 7:49am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
I've not seen anywhere that it says attempted suicide, I'm not having a go but are you putting depressive and accident together and coming up with suicide attempt?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Jarmo.Is.God
December 23, 2014, 9:31am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
i read that he was hit by a Lorry, nothing was said about attempted suicide
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
fishyrich
December 23, 2014, 9:36am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: -38
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Looks like he tried to commit suicide,depression is a terrible state to be in let's hope he makes it and spare a thought for the innocent lorry driver

Nothing anywhere to suggest this was a suicide attempt and pretty poor quality to suggest it was.

INSERT FACTS HERE...........

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Poojah
December 23, 2014, 9:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
http://m.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11681760.Serious_crash_on_A64/

"It was suggested on Monday that the injured man either walked into the road or fell from a bridge into the path of oncoming traffic."

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 23, 2014, 10:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from fishyrich

Nothing anywhere to suggest this was a suicide attempt and pretty poor quality to suggest it was.

UTM

N. Yorks Police said the accident involved a pedestrian and a lorry. They are investigating "all avenues".

Main road, fast heavy traffic, pedestrian ......... Looks and sounds like a deliberate act doesn't it?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
Rodley Mariner
December 23, 2014, 10:18am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
If The Fishy has taught us anything in the past few days it's that it might be better to wait for the facts before speculating about potentially very sensitive issues. Just hope he recovers quickly and that the driver of the lorry is okay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
BIGChris
December 23, 2014, 10:32am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I hate to read on my twitter feed that 'Sky sports will be live to the hospital'

Let the medics, him and his family deal with this stop being so gory and intrusive.

Yes, people may want to know how he is but just report the bulletins from the hospital!!!
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
Rick12
December 23, 2014, 12:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from northbankmariner
Wow didn't know this had happened. There was a very interesting documentary on him on tv earlier this year and he did mention his previous depression issues on there and what the fa could do for players in a similar situation. A very very intelligent man gripped by a horrible illness. Hope he pulls through and no one else are badly hurt.
Saw that great documentary

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
tarka
December 23, 2014, 3:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from BIGChris
I hate to read on my twitter feed that 'Sky sports will be live to the hospital'

Let the medics, him and his family deal with this stop being so gory and intrusive.

Yes, people may want to know how he is but just report the bulletins from the hospital!!!

Couldn't agree more Chris - and if indeed there is a suspicion of self harm that is even more reason for the media to leave him and his family in peace.  Good luck to him, whatever the reason for this tragic accident.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
grimsby pete
December 23, 2014, 5:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
From one who suffers with depression I can feel for Clarke,

Please do not judge him ( if he did mean to kill himself ) when you are in that state nothing anybody says helps,

I wish him a speedy recovery and my thoughts go out to his family.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
RichMariner
December 23, 2014, 11:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,134
Gold Stars: 209
Quoted from BIGChris

Agreed. The media is incredibly intrusive these days. Just after that awful attack on the school in Pakistan last week we had a reporter shove a microphone underneath the chin of a poor lad who was laid out on a hospital bed surrounded by friends and family, literally moments after he had arrived.

Fair enough, we want to know what's going on, but I felt awkward watching it. They were straight in there asking questions without any thought for him or his relatives.

The sad truth, though, is that if they don't get the story from him first, some other news channel will. They're always pushing boundaries.

When I was younger I wanted to be a journalist or a reporter. Now I'm sort of glad I'm not, because I couldn't be that intrusive.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
KingstonMariner
December 24, 2014, 1:15am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from BIGChris

Best thing is to give the cold shoulder to all such media. As far as is possible. Ditch your Sky feeds and subscriptions. it only encourages the illegitimates.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
dapperz fun pub
December 24, 2014, 10:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
[quote=120728]

Hes tried to commit suicide before he suffers massively with depression the part of road where it happened on the A 64 suggests a deliberate act (York press) serving north York's fire officer tweeted about attending a attempt suicide on the 64....but yeh I'm not 100% it was a suicide attempt but going on the facts above it sways me that way but as for poor quality ? Let's all hope he recovers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
grimsby pete
December 29, 2014, 4:37pm

Exile
Clarke is still poorly  but stable and expected to make a full recovery,

Good news.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
grimsby pete
December 30, 2014, 4:55pm

Exile
Latest News,

Clarke was stopped by the police a few days before the accident ?

He refused to take a breath test or give a blood sample at the nick,

So he is due in court on Jan 20th,

Suffering with depression and that happened would have put him over the edge,

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
FishOutOfWater
December 30, 2014, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
[quote=120728]

Hes tried to commit suicide before he suffers massively with depression the part of road where it happened on the A 64 suggests a deliberate act (York press) serving north York's fire officer tweeted about attending a attempt suicide on the 64....but yeh I'm not 100% it was a suicide attempt but going on the facts above it sways me that way but as for poor quality ? Let's all hope he recovers

A few weeks back some guy jumped off a bridge on the A63 near to Hull more or less across the road from a school

The poor guy who did this must have been totally desperate to go through with it and seems Clarke Carlisle was seemingly in a similar dark place

Anyone who takes this kind of option doesn't often survive so how he feels now, given all the publicity, must be almost unbearable and not just for him but for his family too

Spare a thought too for anyone else involved in the accident / incident. Anyone who witnesses this kind of thing will be affected too - really tragic circumstances for everyone concerned and my thoughts are with them
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clark Carlisle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.