2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
mimma
December 13, 2014, 2:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
Apparently the police are not going to separate the two sets of fans for the NE derby. They are going to let them mix before & after the game, according to the Independent newspaper.

It comes from when Sunderland fans raised £20,000 in memory of the two Newcastle fans killed when that plane was shot down, & the fact that it's Christmas time as well. They think that this has eased tensions between the rival sets of fans.

Should be interesting.

Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
December 13, 2014, 4:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Ridiculous if true
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
northbankmariner
December 13, 2014, 4:32pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
I think the vast majority of true supporters would welcome this. Yes I am well aware of rivalries and passions that run in football, it would only be idiots that would ruin this. I cannot see it happening however as it is a recipe for disaster and it would be too good an opportunity for a few to settle old scores. Madness.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
GrimRob
December 13, 2014, 5:30pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
What does mixing before and after the game mean? In practice you always get that anyway as people head in all sorts of directions when the game has finished. If they mixed during the game then it would be worth noting.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 11
grimsby pete
December 13, 2014, 5:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from GrimRob
What does mixing before and after the game mean? In practice you always get that anyway as people head in all sorts of directions when the game has finished. If they mixed during the game then it would be worth noting.

99% can mix before , during and after the game with no problems,

It's the other 1% we have to worry about,

Or 2% in our case.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Jarmo.Is.God
December 13, 2014, 6:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Whilst raising that money was fantastic of Sunderland, I don't think the 'hooligans' will be friendly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
promotion plaice
December 13, 2014, 7:19pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,993
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Whilst raising that money was fantastic of Sunderland, I don't think the 'hooligans' will be friendly

Inside the ground your ok, but in my experience outside the ground trust nobody. I made the mistake of wearing a Town scarf outside the ground  ( Valley Parade ) after a game against Bradford City many years ago and got chased by Bradford hooligans, only saving myself by diving through my brother in laws car passenger side window ( open ) while he was driving off to escape.
Also had a lucky escape when targeted by Everton hooligans at a bus stop  in Liverpool after Towns game at Anfield.
After Town played Hull at Boothferry Park a Hull fan/thug ( pretending to be a Town fan )  came over to me outside the ground and asked me in a Hull accent who scored Towns goal, thinking quickly i raised my hands in the air as to not know and said nothing, he disappeared into the crowd looking for another victim.
You unfortunately will never get rid of this scum minority that have no place in football.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Fcukthescunts
December 15, 2014, 12:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Quoted from promotion plaice

Inside the ground your ok, but in my experience outside the ground trust nobody. I made the mistake of wearing a Town scarf outside the ground  ( Valley Parade ) after a game against Bradford City many years ago and got chased by Bradford hooligans, only saving myself by diving through my brother in laws car passenger side window ( open ) while he was driving off to escape.
Also had a lucky escape when targeted by Everton hooligans at a bus stop  in Liverpool after Towns game at Anfield.
After Town played Hull at Boothferry Park a Hull fan/thug ( pretending to be a Town fan )  came over to me outside the ground and asked me in a Hull accent who scored Towns goal, thinking quickly i raised my hands in the air as to not know and said nothing, he disappeared into the crowd looking for another victim.
You unfortunately will never get rid of this scum minority that have no place in football.

You need to stop wearing Stone Island stuff to matches
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
pizzzza
December 15, 2014, 1:04pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,700
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from promotion plaice

"Deeernt Nerrrrr" would have been the correct response.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
WappingMariner
December 15, 2014, 11:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +125
The Town players are having their Christmas night out up there that day as well. All dressing in old Newcastle kits.

We've got Jason Pearcey, number one, we've got the best team in the land...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
Maringer
December 16, 2014, 8:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,394
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from northbankmariner
I think the vast majority of true supporters would welcome this. Yes I am well aware of rivalries and passions that run in football, it would only be idiots that would ruin this.

Never met any Geordies or Mackems, then?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
Garth
December 16, 2014, 11:57am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
[quote=1133]Whilst raising that money was fantastic of Sunderland, I don't think the 'hooligans' will be friendly[/quote

It would not have been the hooligans who put their hands into their pockets, it would be nice but nieve to think it would be trouble free though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newcastle v Sunderland

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.