Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Traffic Issue?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 339 Guests

Traffic Issue?

This thread currently has 9,333 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
December 16, 2014, 4:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
I am not blaming our club like I have said a few times,

BUT

It's only a matter of time ( no pun intended ) that if this continues we will be fined or forfeit  the points,

Some clubs have had no problems for years , some have had one hold up.

We have had 3 in 18 months,

Who has the contract and should we be using another coach company, ?

A mate of mine was the controller at Granville Tours when Laurie Macmenemy  was manager,

Big Mac used to say to my mate, " we do not have to leave until x amount of time to get to there"

My mate would reply " you manage the team and leave the traffic arrangements to me   "

So if this coach company are professional they should be doing the same,

They should look at the route , calculate how many hours it would take to get there, give extra time for pick ups on the way,

Put extra time in for hold ups and plan a route B if they find out a problem in time to divert,

Factor all these things in and tell the club what time the coach will leave the first departure point

It's not rocket science,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 70
grimsby pete
December 16, 2014, 4:44pm

Exile
Just had a thought that would solve this issue,

When a floodlight bulb goes out , John Fenty climbs up and replaces it,

John gets to all away games on time,

SO,

Get John to drive the coach, sorted  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 70
sonik
December 16, 2014, 6:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from grimsby pete
Just had a thought that would solve this issue,

When a floodlight bulb goes out , John Fenty climbs up and replaces it,

John gets to all away games on time,

SO,

Get John to drive the coach, sorted  

You are joking Pete? He'll get more points than Town. LOL!

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 70
rancido
December 16, 2014, 7:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from grimsby pete

If you read this post and my other posts on this subject,

You will find I put the blame on the coach company NOT the club,

If the club need to get to a certain destination at a certain time,

The coach company decide what time the coach departs NOT the club.

And if you read my post I said " Some posters " and certainly didn't name you. Everyone seems to forget about the limitations on a driver being at the wheel. They are compelled by law to take definite breaks after a certain length of time driving. If a coach is held up for 60 mins that is still counted as driving time. As I understand it the coach was held up by a second incident which all adds up. It's easy for posters on here to say they can check on their mobiles for any traffic incidents but have they any experience in traffic control or transport logistics? As the saying goes " a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 70
Grantham_Mariner
December 17, 2014, 9:52am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,178
Gold Stars: 50
From what I understand the coach went a certain way to pick players up on route, and it was known that there was a problem before they picked the said players up on that route. So why did they not avoid that route and contact the players to make there own way to Nuneaton either in there own cars or Taxis using back roads that a coach would not be able to take?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 70
acko338
December 17, 2014, 10:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Sheffield / Rotherham area mini bus pick up for those over that way, and meet up en route to make a personnel transfer.

If staff live away from this town by choice, then they should pay for the mini bus & driver !

Bus company to supply second driver - to cover any times when the allotted time may expire for driver 1.

It's not rocket science, just needs better planning for each venue / route.

If you want all your best players there and available, and also let them and the manager live out of the area, they must put up with some inconvenience to be able to fully represent the club and arrive on time for all away games.

Question - if the player is injured badly enough not to be able to drive home from a drop off, and has parked a car en route, who would pay  / organise the vehicle pick up on a return journey?

Club cost as part of any contract agreements??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 70
highcliff mariner
December 17, 2014, 3:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from rancido

And if you read my post I said " Some posters " and certainly didn't name you. Everyone seems to forget about the limitations on a driver being at the wheel. They are compelled by law to take definite breaks after a certain length of time driving. If a coach is held up for 60 mins that is still counted as driving time. As I understand it the coach was held up by a second incident which all adds up. It's easy for posters on here to say they can check on their mobiles for any traffic incidents but have they any experience in traffic control or transport logistics? As the saying goes " a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

This

and with the ever increasing traffic on the roads today the problems are only likely to get worse.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 70
grimsby pete
December 17, 2014, 6:23pm

Exile
Quoted from rancido

You quoted my post so I assumed you was referring to me.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 70
moosey_club
December 17, 2014, 7:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226
If only we hadnt stopped using Peter Sheffield's...those where the days...never late then...grumble grumble...
mind you in 1978 there were only a fraction of the cars on the road and no such thing as roadworks..lol.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 70
cmackenzie4
December 17, 2014, 7:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from moosey_club
If only we hadnt stopped using Peter Sheffield's...those where the days...never late then...grumble grumble...
mind you in 1978 there were only a fraction of the cars on the road and no such thing as roadworks..lol.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Traffic Issue?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.