Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Traffic Issue?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 313 Guests

Traffic Issue?

This thread currently has 9,267 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
December 15, 2014, 7:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Les Brechin

Can they predict when and where there will be a fatal crash too?

No Les but as a professional company they should take all factors into consideration including motorway closures,

It's better to get to your destination one hour earlier than planned rather than 10 minutes late.

As I have said on other posts, John Fenty and most fans get to the ground in plenty of time so you would expect the coach company to do the same,

How many other clubs have had a game postponed or delayed other than us in the last 18 months ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 70
rancido
December 15, 2014, 7:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,445
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from grimsby pete

No Les but as a professional company they should take all factors into consideration including motorway closures,

It's better to get to your destination one hour earlier than planned rather than 10 minutes late.

As I have said on other posts, John Fenty and most fans get to the ground in plenty of time so you would expect the coach company to do the same,

How many other clubs have had a game postponed or delayed other than us in the last 18 months ?

So how do you allow for ANOTHER accident on your chosen alternative route? Some of the thinking on this really pi**es me off. For some destinations there are a limited number of routes. It just seems that a lot of posters want to use this unfortunate incident to beat the club up AGAIN. One previous poster suggested that all the players should depart from Grimsby and stay in the town the previous night - FFS. More unnecessary cost for what could be a highly unlikely incident and another reason why some players might not want to play for us. The fact that it has happened to us  three times in 2 seasons is very unlucky but spread those times over the last 30 or 40 seasons and all of a sudden it doesn't seem so bad , statistically.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 70
rancido
December 15, 2014, 7:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,445
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I can't believe someone would give you an x  for posting this Rancido

Given the latest information, now confirmed about the young lad having lost his life and how this will impact on his immediate family for ever  I find it completely despicable that someone has such a callous outlook on life and death. Shame on them

Unfortunately that is the attitude of some posters on here Les. Very sad but true.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 70
louth_in_the_south
December 15, 2014, 8:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,549
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from Les Brechin

Can they predict when and where there will be a fatal crash too?

No of course not but simple traffic flow websites immediately show where problems are occurring giving plenty of time to divert . The very unfortunate crash on the m180 happened before the team bus left GY so the coach company would've had plenty of time to check . I can do it on my phone ffs as I drive round the country so I'm sure a professional coach company can . However looking at the state of their buses I'm not surprised really .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 70
grimsby pete
December 15, 2014, 8:23pm

Exile
Quoted from rancido

So how do you allow for ANOTHER accident on your chosen alternative route? Some of the thinking on this really pi**es me off. For some destinations there are a limited number of routes. It just seems that a lot of posters want to use this unfortunate incident to beat the club up AGAIN. One previous poster suggested that all the players should depart from Grimsby and stay in the town the previous night - FFS. More unnecessary cost for what could be a highly unlikely incident and another reason why some players might not want to play for us. The fact that it has happened to us  three times in 2 seasons is very unlucky but spread those times over the last 30 or 40 seasons and all of a sudden it doesn't seem so bad , statistically.

If you read this post and my other posts on this subject,

You will find I put the blame on the coach company NOT the club,

If the club need to get to a certain destination at a certain time,

The coach company decide what time the coach departs NOT the club.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 70
Abdul19
December 15, 2014, 8:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from grimsby pete
It's only a matter of time before the league start to fine us or even take points off us if it happens again,

Saturday had nothing to do with the league.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 70
grimsby pete
December 15, 2014, 8:34pm

Exile
Quoted from Abdul19

Saturday had nothing to do with the league.

That allows us another late arrival then.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 70
Les Brechin
December 15, 2014, 9:12pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from grimsby pete

I can't remember the teams involved but I'm sure there was a similar incident just after the Macclesfield game but they managed to play the following day as I can remember people saying how come they could arrange for a referee a day later when apparently none were available for us.

I can also remember the season before last when Ebbsfleet played away at Barrow in midweek and the Ebbsfleet coach was caught up in traffic on the M6 and the game didn't kick off until 9.30pm.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 70
FishOutOfWater
December 15, 2014, 9:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Les Brechin

[/b]

I can't remember the teams involved but I'm sure there was a similar incident just after the Macclesfield game but they managed to play the following day as I can remember people saying how come they could arrange for a referee a day later when apparently none were available for us.

I can also remember the season before last when Ebbsfleet played away at Barrow in midweek and the Ebbsfleet coach was caught up in traffic on the M6 and the game didn't kick off until 9.30pm.

Not sure if such evidence is admissible Les when the case in point is all about trying to prove that we as a club are not quick enough off the mark when it comes to transport plans, the proverbial slow coaches you could say
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 70
Les Brechin
December 15, 2014, 9:26pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Not sure if such evidence is admissible Les when the case in point is all about trying to prove that we as a club are not quick enough off the mark when it comes to transport plans, the proverbial slow coaches you could say

I wasn't trying to make any point. Pete asked if any other teams have had games delayed/postponed and I was just answering his question,

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Traffic Issue?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.