8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
December 13, 2014, 3:39pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Whatever the excuse, us fans are here milling about and kicking our heels but the professionals can't make it. Total balderdash. Rang nuneaton and told definitely 3.15 kick off, we knew different.  Some people believed it and went in the ground. Stinks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 70
KingstonMariner
December 13, 2014, 3:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I've been saying we need a new coach for months but nobody believes me!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 70
dapperz fun pub
December 13, 2014, 4:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
3 times in how many months? If going slightly off route to pick players up is the problem let's stop it and managers for that matter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 70
poomehellt
December 13, 2014, 4:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
Quoted from Chrisblor
I feel sorry for anyone who booked train tickets in advance!

I feel for the people heading back to Grimsby on what will be the last train from Nuneaton the 19.58, it involves a 2h10m rail replacement bus drive from Donny due into Grimsby at 00.40!!

2nd to last train back is the 18,22 at this rate match might not be even over!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 70
DocTower
December 13, 2014, 4:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Traffic is traffic , can't blame the club for other persons having accidents . Unfortunate , unavoidable . Setting off    six hours before kick off for a 2 hour journey nothing wrong with thst .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 70
dapperz fun pub
December 13, 2014, 4:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from poomehellt

I feel for the people heading back to Grimsby on what will be the last train from Nuneaton the 19.58, it involves a 2h10m rail replacement bus drive from Donny due into Grimsby at 00.40!!

2nd to last train back is the 18,22 at this rate match might not be even over!

Yeh me too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 70
rancido
December 14, 2014, 3:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from DocTower
Traffic is traffic , can't blame the club for other persons having accidents . Unfortunate , unavoidable . Setting off    six hours before kick off for a 2 hour journey nothing wrong with thst .

Some common sense, at last, about a situation that is out of the clubs control. Sure , the club could have left earlier but who's to know they wouldn't have got caught up in another traffic jam or even involved in a RTA? Too many fans seem to want to blame the club for anything that happens, even those that are unpredictable. The saddening thing is that this was a road traffic accident and although I don't know the outcome it is quite possible there were casualties or even, God forbid , fatalities ! All this right on Christmas as well. This puts delaying the match or inconveniencing the fans in a different perspective , especially if one of their " nearest and dearest " had been involved.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 70
ivanosandwich
December 14, 2014, 6:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 15
I drove past this incident just after it happened. The car was very beaten up all over but what struck me was a severe impact close to the rear nearside passenger door. The bit that shocked me most was a child seat seen just inside the car and a stretcher with what appeared to be a small child receiving treatment.

I am not normally easily upset but the sight of this really upset me and did so for several hours after. A friend of mine has other information that suggests a 2 year old lost their life in this accident, although this is speculation and not confirmed, I really hope that is not the case.

The road condition was the worst I have ever seen. Police seemed to be patrolling slowly with blue lights on in an effort to warn drivers that the conditions were treacherous.

I passed one car on its roof in lane 1 just after the first Scunthorpe junction (Forest Pines) before coming across the accident that ultimately closed the road. I probably passed just before it was closed. Several other shunts could be seen on the hard shoulder. The outside lane was like glass, not sure if it was gritted or not but it was like an ice rink.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 70
promotion plaice
December 14, 2014, 6:53pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I've been saying we need a new coach for months but nobody believes me!

I blame the driver
[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/34o29n7.jpg[/IMG]

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 70
gary_elton
December 14, 2014, 7:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from promotion plaice

I blame the driver
[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/34o29n7.jpg[/IMG]

Is this the Maidstone guys Dad ????? You want some ????  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.