2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
December 10, 2014, 10:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
I've just worked out that following the price increase next month, my Virginmedia bill will have gone up by over 26% in just 2 years! Talk about taking the urine.

I've got my figures worked out and will give them hell about it when I find the time to phone up.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
mariner tommy
December 10, 2014, 6:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from cmackenzie4

I am the same Tom, I also have the movies for the kids too. The only problem i have with the Tivo is that every now and again i have to re-set it due to freezing and then i lose all the past recordings.

I've had the tivo and the V+ box for about 18 months now and only had one problem and that was with the V+ box, it kept freezing so they changed it and I've not had any more bother.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
Chrisblor
December 12, 2014, 3:50pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,788
Gold Stars: 233
Tivo's been excellent for me. Had it for about a year - no complaints at all.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
TownSNAFU5
December 14, 2014, 5:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,877
Gold Stars: 42
I am also with Virgin for TV, broadband and telephones.   Generally happy with the service, although the internet has gone down for 4 days and 2 days in the last 18 months.  The compensation is derisory.

Like Maringer I am surprised and annoyed at the recently notified price increase of £6  a month from Feb 2015.  This comes on top of low-cost deals to induce people to move to Virgin.  Loyalty has no value of course when you already with them.

I too am thinking of moving to Evil Sky.  Virgin quote free maintenance callouts and faster broadband.  The technical support is very good with Virgin.  My athletics training partner said that in theory Sky charge for maintenance.  However, if you ring up and threaten to leave then they always waive the costs.  Or have done so to date.

My mate reckons that the Sky Plus remote is far superior to anything else on the market and a very useful viewing and recording tool.  

I think that Sky offer better inducements to move to them (and to stay).  They are more driven by maintaining and increasing their market share that Virgin are.

One sky mate can get BT sports for NL games, the other can't. With Virgin these games are free.  Why can't Town get promoted to make decision-making easier?

Will see what happens after Xmas.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
Maringer
December 20, 2014, 1:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Well, I phoned Virgin the other day and the offer they put on the table was, quite frankly, rubbish. I've given them 30 days notice and will see if the retentions team get back to me over the next couple of weeks before actually making the move to Sky. I understand that they often phone you up with better offers once you've given notice...

It would be nice to get one over on a vast, faceless corporation, but I'm not holding my breath about it! Hopefully the Sky Broadband will suffice if it comes to that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sky Broadband

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.