3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
rancido
December 7, 2014, 4:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Unfortunately I think PH is too cautious as a manager and this seems to have carried on over to the players. I don't think it is anything to do with him being an ex defender, just his natural character. I really hope he starts to be more adventurous with his approach because at the end of the season it could cost us promotion and on a more personal note , his job.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
mariner tommy
December 7, 2014, 7:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from northbankmariner
I just hope grimsby don't turn out like arsenal. A very good team in their respective division but ultimately struggle in the games that really matter against other title challenging sides. We generally do quite well against the better teams but Barnet x 2, macc x2, Bristol rovers and Woking to play again to name just a few is quite scary really, I just cannot see us taking the required points needed to challenge for the title , just hope we secure enough for the playoffs, not pessimistic just realistic. UTM

On the contrary, it fills me full of confidence.
Look at it so far against the top teams in our division, we have played seven of them-
Bristol Rovers....... Drew
Gateshead.............Won
Halifax....................Drawn and won
Kiddy.......................Lost and won
Wrexham............... Won
Torquay...................Lost and won
Woking....................Won
So, the results against the top twelve teams that we have played so far-
Played 10, Won 6, drawn 2, lost 2.
All hypothetical I know, but if we continued this average till the end of the season it would give us a total of 80 points.
Which would be enough for a play of place in every season we have been down here except one, which was season 11-12.
Incidentally, If we have serious aspirations about winning the title we would have to achieve somewhere near the 100 point mark, this has been the case in the last five years except one season when Mansfield went up as champions with 95 points.
We are not going to do that realistically. We would need to take 59 points from our remaining 22 games and only dropping 7 points.
I would think that it's looking like the title will be won with a total a lot less than 100 points.
And hopefully that will be us.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
easypeersy
December 8, 2014, 9:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
I am hoping we can buck the trend and not have a post Christmas slump this season!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
Garth
December 8, 2014, 10:41am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from easypeersy
I am hoping we can buck the trend and not have a post Christmas slump this season!!!

Should that occur again we will be looking for a new manager before the season ends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
SamTheMariner
December 8, 2014, 11:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
The most we can do is get behind the team.

Another thing. If Diz played every week, we'd get 10, 12, 15 goals from him a season.

Our judgement time begins next Friday. In 2 months we will play Barnet, Macc and FGR twice and Brizzel Rovers. After those games we will have a great idea of where we are. If we win all of them (which I seriously doubt we will) it will mean us and us alone will be breathing down Barnet's neck.

I just hope he signs good quality to improve us in Jan rather than confuse us with signings such as Devitt, Brodie, Jennings or Fyfield. Boyce and the Tonk improved us last season. He needs cover at centre half (which might be Parslow) and a massive target man to throw on if we need a goal.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
chaos33
December 9, 2014, 9:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from Garth

Should that occur again we will be looking for a new manager before the season ends

Don't you kid yourself.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
Garth
December 9, 2014, 9:47am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from chaos33

Don't you kid yourself.

I'm not, we can't and won't go through that disappointment again without a major change surely
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
ackomariner
December 9, 2014, 10:33am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Garth

I'm not, we can't and won't go through that disappointment again without a major change surely

You would hope not Garth, but stranger things have happened......this is GTFC we're talking about  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
GorgeousGeorge
December 9, 2014, 1:39pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +30
Last time I looked at the table we were second...................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
denni266
December 9, 2014, 2:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Last time i looked we was 5th and 3 teams below us have games in hand
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The league Table

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.