This thread currently has 2,762 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
newfootballer
December 4, 2014, 1:54pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
To all Towns genuine Fans, I really hope that the year 2015 will be our turn to get back into the proper league.

By that I mean the official FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION LEAGUE. It has certainly been very difficult the past four years, but this season in my eyes I really think we have got the players at the club that can take us to the real football league status.

People might not think like I do regarding the status of Paul Hurst the manager who this season is making all the descisions on his own back, in one way he is beginning to learn a great deal of intelligance regarding the sole job of picking his first team every week.

Fans might say that he should listen to people around him. but at the end of the day it is solely in his hands to get Town out of this league,and the people I personally know in football really do think that he is a good assett to Grimsby Town.

It is coming upto Xmas and hopefully we will still be chasing the leaders or even be up in the top three positions.
I have always thought that if Town are going to have a chance of promotion they have got to be in the top three at Xmas time.
I really do think that we will be there.
"UP THE MARINERS" We can do it
New footballer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Biccys
December 4, 2014, 1:58pm
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Has JF sacked Hursty yet? This thread has been up for 3 minutes now...

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 18
fleabag1970
December 4, 2014, 2:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I agree Hurst is one of the best Managers in this league ......... do we deserve the Best though ???

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
MarinerWY
December 4, 2014, 2:47pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,941
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from fleabag1970
I agree Hurst is one of the best Managers in this league ......... do we deserve the Best though ???

Depends: who is the best? Can we afford the best? Isn't the 'best' a bit subjective, Hurst is doing pretty well...

He's rated by many. I remember the Conference preview on BT, we were tipped to go up by 2 of the 3 pundits, including John Still, and they both rated Paul Hurst as a great manager.

I agree with the OP. We can do this, keep the faith!  
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
grimsby pete
December 4, 2014, 3:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Hurst is still learning,

He will get better ( I hope )

If he can get the balance right between keeping a tight defence but also have the attack threatening  to score at will,

Then we will go up this season,

We have come close only to be disappointed so here's to a successful end to the season,

Fingers crossed.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
cmackenzie4
December 4, 2014, 3:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
I just feel we need a proven striker then I would be a little more optimistic,I understand that  getting a proven striker will not be easy though.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
moosey_club
December 4, 2014, 4:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from MarinerWY

Depends: who is the best? Can we afford the best? Isn't the 'best' a bit subjective, Hurst is doing pretty well...

He's rated by many. I remember the Conference preview on BT, we were tipped to go up by 2 of the 3 pundits, including John Still, and they both rated Paul Hurst as a great manager.

I agree with the OP. We can do this, keep the faith!  

I am sure he is rated by at least 10 of the teams below us......problem is that counts for fk all unless he delivers promotion. Call me greedy but i want automatic, top spot promotion....going up by the play offs is very welcome but anything other than that is failure.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
grimsby pete
December 4, 2014, 4:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from moosey_club

I am sure he is rated by at least 10 of the teams below us......problem is that counts for fk all unless he delivers promotion. Call me greedy but i want automatic, top spot promotion....going up by the play offs is very welcome but anything other than that is failure.

Agree 100%

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
Marinerz93
December 4, 2014, 4:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from moosey_club

You get my vote you greedy git  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
RichMariner
December 4, 2014, 4:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
I have my frustrations with Hurst like every other fan, but we really have to stick by him, because how can any one of us seriously say that someone else could do it better?

And I doubt my stance will change in the summer if we don't go up.

In Hurst we have a manager who, for now at least, knows how to assemble a squad of good players and get them to compete at the right end of the division. As long as Hurst remains in charge, we'll be pushing for promotion.

It's not a guarantee of automatic promotion, but it's the next best thing.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
easypeersy
December 4, 2014, 6:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Championship by 2020 is my prediction
14,000 seater stadium with plans to increase it to 18,000 with extra tier over the New Pontoon
Our new strikers signed from Juventus and Corrinthians respectively will break the record and score 60 goals each
Europe beckons having won the FA Cup on penalties against Chelsea
Scunthorpe are in Conference North
Terry Hall is knighted for services for away fans.
John Fenty is planning a huge street party to celebrate the last six years with free Beer and fish n' chips for all Trust members. Trust Membership is 30,0000.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
ackomariner
December 4, 2014, 6:22pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I just feel we need a proven striker then I would be a little more optimistic,I understand that  getting a proven striker will not be easy though.

Bang on the money for me

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
moosey_club
December 4, 2014, 6:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from easypeersy
Championship by 2020 is my prediction
14,000 seater stadium with plans to increase it to 18,000 with extra tier over the New Pontoon
Our new strikers signed from Juventus and Corrinthians respectively will break the record and score 60 goals each
Europe beckons having won the FA Cup on penalties against Chelsea
Scunthorpe are in Conference North
Terry Hall is knighted for services for away fans.
John Fenty is planning a huge street party to celebrate the last six years with free Beer and fish n' chips for all Trust members. Trust Membership is 30,0000.

Christmas Sherry open??  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
Garth
December 4, 2014, 7:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Paul Hurst wont get us promotion as is, a decent striker might
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
December 5, 2014, 3:10pm
Guest User
How can anybody seriously rate Paul Hurst as a great manager,( you have got to be related to him if you do) how would Alan Buckley score on this type of rating. At best Hurst is an average non league manager, Yes we do need a striker LJL is not the one, we can not build a side around him a expect to get success, we have a good squad just not used properly.
Reply: 14 - 18
LongEatonMariner
December 5, 2014, 4:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Garth
Paul Hurst wont get us promotion as is, a decent striker might

And if PH signs that elusive player, coaches and plays him, and this striker fires us to promotion (along with other PH players), will PH get any credit?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
headingly_mariner
December 6, 2014, 1:57am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 4055
How can anybody seriously rate Paul Hurst as a great manager,( you have got to be related to him if you do) how would Alan Buckley score on this type of rating. At best Hurst is an average non league manager, Yes we do need a striker LJL is not the one, we can not build a side around him a expect to get success, we have a good squad just not used properly.

I don't think he's a great manager, I think he's a good young manager in his first proper managerial job, he is consistently managing a top 5 budget team to a place in the top 5. I think he's doing a good job and still learning, I'd rather we stuck with him and developed him than went through a load more managers trying to get it right. He gets a lot of unfair stick IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
GyMariner
December 6, 2014, 10:22am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +681
Gold Stars: 7
It was so depressing listening to Mansfield towns manager on the news saying they're aiming to be in the championship in the next few seasons  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
Rick12
December 6, 2014, 10:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from grimsby pete
Hurst is still learning,

He will get better ( I hope )

If he can get the balance right between keeping a tight defence but also have the attack threatening  to score at will,

Then we will go up this season,

We have come close only to be disappointed so here's to a successful end to the season,

Fingers crossed.
Think what is good Pete is the positive vibes coming from some fans especially posts like this.Harmony will more likely breed success as Iam sure Hurst and the players come on here and read what the fans think

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › .Approaching 2015, could this be our year

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.