barralad
December 5, 2014, 11:12am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts

I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick mate. This thread is on a 'fans forum', but the 'Fans Forum' mentioned in this instance is a meeting where anyone and everyone who wants to go, can: plus you get to hear the facts, ask questions and speak out for yourself.

Hope that makes sense.

Brilliant reply...You must be a border collie!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
MyDogsThoughts
December 5, 2014, 11:27am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from barralad

Brilliant reply...You must be a border collie!

Yip!

I hate thick, unitelligent dogs, and lap dogs for that matter: and Poodles!

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
moosey_club
December 5, 2014, 11:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from realist

Yet another quote with virtually no information. What basis has been agreed to the publicly owned land?

I hope you are wrong. I reckon  it will be a six month smokescreen that will report that  the current site is unsuitable and not in need of redevelopment and then another dip in the financial climate will make it dead in the water.
You will not get approval for a site that splits public  opinion  so much - if you picked a site that had public support you would find approval would fly through. Oh I forgot, you dont have any money to do that do you?

Welcome to the fishy  Mr De Freitas  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
mimma
December 5, 2014, 11:49am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
I've been trying to do my bit by engaging with my councillors about the new stadium.

What is interesting is that the full council have no say in the planning permission, it is down to a cabinet of councillors, chosen by the ruling party, chaired I think, by the leader, Chris Shaw.

Mr Shaw speaks of how it is needed & speaks of it in a positive manner in the Telegraph.

Personally, I don't like the cabinet system, since my elected councillors can't really influence their decisions, it is down to a favoured few.

That's democracy?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
grimsby pete
December 5, 2014, 12:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
There is an old saying " The best things come to those that wait "

Well we have all been waiting a long time,

This stadium is going to be great !!!

Keep up the good work John,

BUT

Be as quick as you can mate, I am getting very old now.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
realist
December 6, 2014, 3:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from moosey_club

Welcome to the fishy  Mr De Freitas  

Jesus, I've been called some bad names, but that was below the belt. I want a new stadium as much as anyone, but not at any cost. I strongly feel that unless we engage everyone it will be a lost cause again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
realist
December 6, 2014, 3:17am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Are you for real? The brief is what it has been for the past 20 years... A new home for our football club. The Club are moving high heaven and earth to make this happen, as I see it, there are a lot of concerns (Most of which are based on the myths of a local councillor) from the locals around the site. The Club to find find viable solutions to all the possible pitfalls before announcing anything. Announcing anything too soon would give the 'NIMBYS' something else to moan at for no reason what so ever. These things take time and have to be planned to the minute detail. Jeez man get grip, It's a squeaky bum time for every Town fan on and off the pitch so quit with the negativity... It aint needed.

It wasn't negativity, just a plea for information that has been sadly lacking throughout the whole process.
What doesn't help is is slagging off anybody who has doubts over the process or location, labeling others as NIMBYS. you are just playing into the hands of those against it.
This is the time for open and reasoned debate where all sides of the argument are welcomed and respected whether you agree with them or not. It is not negativity but a differring point of view, something that never goes down well on the fishy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
ackomariner
December 6, 2014, 10:53am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from realist

It wasn't negativity, just a plea for information that has been sadly lacking throughout the whole process.
What doesn't help is is slagging off anybody who has doubts over the process or location, labeling others as NIMBYS. you are just playing into the hands of those against it.
This is the time for open and reasoned debate where all sides of the argument are welcomed and respected whether you agree with them or not. It is not negativity but a differring point of view, something that never goes down well on the fishy.

Get yourself down to the open fans forum mate at bp and fire all the questions you like at jf

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 6, 2014, 12:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from realist

You got an allotment or something?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
Wrawby_Mariner
December 6, 2014, 2:01pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from realist

There is a time and a place for lively debate and it hasn't reached that stage yet. Simple as that really, unless I'm missing the point.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ground

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.