Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More good news
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 292 Guests

More good news

This thread currently has 4,608 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
November 29, 2014, 8:36pm
Guest User
Hurst has declared post match that he will be taking fa trophy serious and playing strongest team possible,he says that he wants to win it!

Not happy with this! Barnet are running away with the league and hurst wants to chase a tin pot trophy no ones bothered about.
Mariner Ronnie
November 29, 2014, 8:37pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
hardly gonna say i aren't taking it seriously is he?!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
MuddyWaters
November 29, 2014, 8:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 2578
Hurst has declared post match that he will be taking fa trophy serious and playing strongest team possible,he says that he wants to win it!

Not happy with this! Barnet are running away with the league and hurst wants to chase a tin pot trophy no ones bothered about.

Probably thinks it's his best chance of keeping his job
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
Paris Mariner
November 29, 2014, 8:42pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from 2578

I'd quite like to win it. A trophy is a trophy. A trophy which is competed for nationally is fairly prestigious in my eyes and I'd welcome a trip to Wembley.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 35
November 29, 2014, 8:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from Paris Mariner

I'd quite like to win it. A trophy is a trophy. A trophy which is competed for nationally is fairly prestigious in my eyes and I'd welcome a trip to Wembley.

Prestegious my bottom, it's a shiny doorstop for a club like Grimsby Town.
Reply: 4 - 35
November 29, 2014, 8:50pm
Guest User
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Yeah it did us a lot of good last season with arguably a better team, our focus should be on winning this urine poor league that is there for the taking, play the fringe team or whatever they are called these days.
Reply: 5 - 35
Mariner Ronnie
November 29, 2014, 8:51pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 2578

Yeah it did us a lot of good last season with arguably a better team, our focus should be on winning this urine poor league that is there for the taking, play the fringe team or whatever there called these days.

it didn't for cambridge either............

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
GrimRob
November 29, 2014, 8:52pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,401
Gold Stars: 113
I'll be gutted if he does take the competition seriously. It played a role in buggering up our last two seasons. We do what Hull did in the Europa Cup and field a weakened side.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 35
Mariner Ronnie
November 29, 2014, 8:57pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
I'll be gutted if he does take the competition seriously. It played a role in buggering up our last two seasons. We do what Hull did in the Europa Cup and field a weakened side.

he should take it seriously to some degree, but i wouldn't be too bothered if we got knocked out, even if it was a team like coalville, maybe play some youth.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
Paris Mariner
November 29, 2014, 9:04pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from 2578

Yeah it did us a lot of good last season with arguably a better team, our focus should be on winning this urine poor league that is there for the taking, play the fringe team or whatever they are called these days.

Well, I'd enjoy the day out at Wembley if it came along. It didn't do us any harm winning the Football League Trophy in '98, it didn't do Cambridge any harm, nor York City a couple of seasons previously. Winning games breeds confidence and a winning mentality. We need that back at Blunder Park.

Everyone is whinging about Hurst, we're second in the league and his put his neck on the line and said he wants the Trophy as well. We're not conceding many goals, we've got one of the league's top scorers plus people like Disley and Nielson chipping in. Things are much brighter than people come on here and say. Barnet may well be running away with it but they've got to come to Blundell Park and get a result and we've still to go there. That's 6 points. Yes, today was disappointing but we've only lost one in ten which is bloody good going.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More good news

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.