3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
MyDogsThoughts
November 30, 2014, 10:59am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Just like to add: I took some people from London to the game today. They couldn't believe the support Grimsby had for a non-league side and were very, very impressed with the noise we made.

"The team doesn't deserve that sort of support" was one of the comments at the end of the game!

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
ackomariner
November 30, 2014, 11:06am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
Just like to add: I took some people from London to the game today. They couldn't believe the support Grimsby had for a non-league side and were very, very impressed with the noise we made.

"The team doesn't deserve that sort of support" was one of the comments at the end of the game!

Brings a tear to your eye  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
arryarryarry
November 30, 2014, 11:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts

Interesting comment from a non GTFC supporter yet some on here seem to suggest that Blundell Park should be full every week despite how cr@p we play.

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
Mariner Timsky
November 30, 2014, 6:29pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Got back around 10.30 last night after abandoning our car in Telford! Yes that was me and my cousin broken down on the M54 in the light blue Punto, , ,hence we only made the 2nd half, , , and the spotty little steward still charged us full price to get in, , , is that fair?! , ,

, , , couple of things to say, , , we didnt threaten the keeper enough, , ,just hit the target guys!! , , , ,and we dont win enough headers, , , so why bother with long balls  , , , keep it on the floor, , , ,decent away turn out, , ,  all in all a good away day, , , oh and anyone ever bought lager from M&S??, , , its proper naff!!

UTM

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
Caesar
December 1, 2014, 9:14pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Have not posted in a while since I have not been able to get to a game since Dartford away at the start of October, and also have delayed posting on here so perhaps this should be in a thread entitled "back a while ago but only now calm enough to post"

Anyway while there is a lot of negatvity, in truth I felt we started pretty well, we had a few chances which had we taken we would of probably been able to comfortably see out the game.  However after the first 20 mins we seemed to regress into the type of performance I am sadly used to seeing where we offer very little threat up front and do very little with the ball when we have it.  We still looked comfortable and under no threat of conceding at all until Disley played a lazy pass and their man struck a sweet strike from way out, McKeown probably should have done better with it but it traveled with some pace to be fair.  This seemed to make us revert to type and platy long balls more.

Second half expected us to attack more positively but it didn't happen at first and we looked disjointed.  Have read a lot of people critcising Hurst for taking of Mackreth, however up until the goal I would of made exactly the same change as he had seemed to be muscled of the ball easily and not put a decent ball in.  To be fair he then moved well to create the space and finish the cross but I could understand Hurst bringing him off as that was about all he had offered.  What dissapointed me most was how poor we were after the goal, Neilson wanted to do everything by himself and we didn't threaten very much apart from the penalty shout and Pearson miscuing a header from the corner right at the end.  

After Dartford I decided Hurst should go, then we went on a pretty decent run that has put us back into contention, after seeing us struggle against bottom of the league I still have very serious doubts that Hurst is the man to take us back into the league, I do not think I would call for his head but I cannot support him strongly as whenever I see us it is the same flaws, not clinical enough up front and cautious in our approach, but as I always say am desperate to be proven wrong.

Final word on Town fans and police, fans were quality following the team and particularly at the start and after our goal building an atmosphere.  Do not blame the police and stewards for being strict (I was searched twice) given our recent problems with pillocks throwing flares.  However as I was on the train with a load of youths following Town, the police tried to shepherd us from the station, however they didn't even know where the ground was, took us the wrong way towards a pub were a few tossers tried to cause a problem, before they realised the stadium was the other way.  If they are going to be strict in getting numbers out to ensure there is no trouble at least teach the coppers where they need to go.  Chatted to one copper who admitted he had no idea where the ground was and he was just following the crowd!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.