Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why did you not go last night.....
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 161 Guests

Why didn't you go last night.....
  View Results 0 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Why did you not go last night.....

This thread currently has 4,728 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
northbankmariner
November 26, 2014, 9:59pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Sadly was working. Would I have gone, honestly that's questionable, am getting the bug for watching town again after a period of absence but not committed to forking out twice in the space of a few days yet.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
Caveman
November 26, 2014, 10:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +766
Gold Stars: 17
Skint !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
chaos33
November 26, 2014, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
I do sometimes make midweek games (was at Halifax game at BP) from my home more than 90 miles away in North Yorkshire, but last night I had 16 reasons - none of which are any of your business!  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 26, 2014, 10:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from gytone
Working

No.......woking

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 26, 2014, 10:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Caveman
Skint !

No excuse, should've set the video on Monday night

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
November 26, 2014, 10:29pm
Guest User
Quoted from carrot top
Was completely bored on Saturday at the game as I have been on more than one occasion this season.

I just could not justify paying another hard earned £18 in the space of a few days at the risk of it happening again. I want to be entertained as well as seeing us win (not too much to ask is it)  

That said it seems like it was a better performance last night

My reason exactly  the same.
Reply: 25 - 33
November 27, 2014, 2:31am
Guest User
Stayed home and sh@gged the missus...just about worth the £18 I saved.

(Completely untrue as I'm single & a ST holder, but I thought it might raise a smile!)
Reply: 26 - 33
DocTower
November 27, 2014, 7:21am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Two games in four days , enough said about first . Managers comments , no guarantee of attractive football . Eight hundred down on Saturday would give most a clue , and of course money . Went christmas shopping Monday and Tuesday  with wife . Had to listen on radio but only lasted 60 minutes , couldn't stand the pressure . Very interesting pre match commdnts from AB .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
ginnywings
November 27, 2014, 7:59am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Tough day at work, knackered and aching. Just couldn't muster up the energy after Saturdays dismal game. Two others at work specifically said they were not going because of the boring football and manager but it seems i'm not allowed to say that because it's not true and they were just cold/saving up for Christmas/couldn't afford it/watching Champs League.

Two others at work had been to see Hull v Tottenham on Sunday. Both used to go watch Town, but have lapsed and found their fix elsewhere. When i question these two as to why they now go to Hull, they think i'm nuts to pay £18 to watch Town.

The irony is that one of these two has a large hoarding at BP advertising his business, for which he pays a fairly large sum per season. He personally knows many of the great and good at Town and can get free tickets whenever he likes. Him and i were recently talking to someone prominent from the club and even he was saying that he thinks Hurst should be more gung-ho at home.

This is what Town are up against but it seems some choose not to believe it and say that those who are choosing not to go are somehow not real Town fans and should be ecstatic at being second in non league, struggling to score goals against Altrincham and Southport.

I suspect i'll get the usual plethora of red crosses but for me, Town are in danger of fading into oblivion if we cannot address these problems and get more people in the ground. The product is only attractive to the diehards, whatever position we are in the league, or non league to be more precise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
Manchester Mariner
November 27, 2014, 8:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Because Paul Hursts post-match interview is by far more important than the match.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why did you not go last night.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.