Reply: 2 - 81
nightrider
November 25, 2014, 10:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
We didn't need to win the last or tonights game to be fair. No point in winning the next game either really, we just don't need to.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 81
Mariner Ronnie
November 25, 2014, 10:23pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
garry hill seemed to have lost it!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 81
jonnyboy82
November 25, 2014, 10:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
No atmosphere either tonight just a case of people turning up and keeping warm he said.

Lol.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 81
mr b
November 25, 2014, 10:24pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +27
Yeah what was all that about sour grapes ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 81
crusty ole pie
November 25, 2014, 10:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,326
Gold Stars: 65
Will someone please say what gone on
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 81
Madeleymariner
November 25, 2014, 10:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Just cant believe he would say we didn't play better tonight than on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 81
Mariner Ronnie
November 25, 2014, 10:27pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Will someone please say what gone on

nothing, just the usual "let's tear apart the post match interview" thread

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 81
nightrider
November 25, 2014, 10:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Sounds like he was in the toilet when we scored the first. And the second. And the third

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 81
jonnyboy82
November 25, 2014, 10:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Garry hill says on the radio we are the worst grimsby side he has seen also can see why paul is under pressure when we play like that, believes they were the better team.

Sounds like a right twit.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 81
RichMariner
November 25, 2014, 10:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,131
Gold Stars: 209
Why is Hurst dragging up the game from Saturday?

"It wasn't that bad" and "tonight wasn't actually much better, we were just a bit more professional". (I'm paraphrasing).

Constantly trying to defend his tactics. Almost felt like he was saying "I'm the manager, I know football better than the fans."

I really want him to succeed, and I've always defended him when under pressure. But he's really got to learn how to deal with criticism from the fans. He's the manager, he should just rise above it.

"Crowd stuck with us tonight during a rocky patch, I know they'll be there in force to get behind us on Saturday at Telford."

Just say that. Even if he doesn't believe it and thinks we're all a bunch of moaning illegitimates.

The relationship between manager and fans is crucial. If it's not good, he'll get booed for not a lot. If it's positive, we might just be *a bit* more forgiving.

Right now I feel like we're not friends. He needs to stop picking at old scabs and move on from justifying the worth of his 433/451 defensive hybrid formation.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 81
springstomind

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Lmfao! Woking manager says that it's the worst Grimsby team he's played since they've bean in the confrence and can see why te manager is "under pressure" (he's not is he?) and Grimsby only scored any goals because of errors from Woking lmfao!.. Horrendously bad loser lmao!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 81
Richard Cranium
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: -36
Quoted from jonnyboy82
No atmosphere either tonight just a case of people turning up and keeping warm he said.

Lol.
Won't affect you then

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 81
davmariner
November 25, 2014, 10:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,912
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from RichMariner

"It wasn't that bad" and "tonight wasn't actually much better, we were just a bit more professional". (I'm paraphrasing).

Constantly trying to defend his tactics. Almost felt like he was saying "I'm the manager, I know football better than the fans."

I really want him to succeed, and I've always defended him when under pressure. But he's really got to learn how to deal with criticism from the fans. He's the manager, he should just rise above it.

"Crowd stuck with us tonight during a rocky patch, I know they'll be there in force to get behind us on Saturday at Telford."

Just say that. Even if he doesn't believe it and thinks we're all a bunch of moaning illegitimates.

The relationship between manager and fans is crucial. If it's not good, he'll get booed for not a lot. If it's positive, we might just be *a bit* more forgiving.

Right now I feel like we're not friends. He needs to stop picking at old scabs and move on from justifying the worth of his 433/451 defensive hybrid formation.

Agree, I think Hurst sounded a bit of a petulant child. Doesn't like to admit when he's got it wrong.

On another note what a t1t Gary Hill sounds.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 81
jonnyboy82
November 25, 2014, 10:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Richard Cranium
Won't affect you then

Cranium.

Great banter!

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 81
chaos33
November 25, 2014, 10:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from RichMariner

Superb post.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 81
bradzmilne
November 25, 2014, 10:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 29
Hurst's interview was bizzare. Very, very odd.
That said,,, He could come out and do his post match interviews in fluent Latin every week... aslong as we win!

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 81
Garth
November 25, 2014, 10:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
He went down big time in my estimation tonight after listening to that interview, he acts like a stubborn child who will never admit that the change in the set up was an improvement on Saturdays game.

I got to thinking he would have liked us to have lost just so he could say I told you so, attacking teams at home does not work, what he did say was that two losses on the trot would not have been important or words to that effect, for Christ sake man get a grip
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 81
mariner2000
November 25, 2014, 10:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
I wonder what the odds are that he will be poached by a team above, if he is showing that he is frustrated with the fans it might encourage someone to come in.........fingers crossed
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 20 - 81
ackomariner
November 25, 2014, 10:49pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Garth
He went down big time in my estimation tonight after listening to that interview, he acts like a stubborn child who will never admit that the change in the set up was an improvement on Saturdays game.

I got to thinking he would have liked us to have lost just so he could say I told you so, attacking teams at home does not work, what he did say was that two losses on the trot would not have been important or words to that effect, for Christ sake man get a grip

Got told before the game tonight that jf has had words with hurst about the defensive approach at home.

From someone who knows a very good friend of jf and hasn't been on here for a while.....saying no more

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 81
Alfie
November 25, 2014, 10:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Top bloke. Freezing cold Tuesday night before Christmas - with Champions League on the telly - and he has the audacity to have a needless dig at those who bothered to pay £18 to watch a game of Conference football.

Don't like him. Never liked him. Not sure I ever will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 81
Badger57
November 25, 2014, 10:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Alfie
Top bloke. Freezing cold Tuesday night before Christmas - with Champions League on the telly - and he has the audacity to have a needless dig at those who bothered to pay £18 to watch a game of Conference football.

Me neither but I KNOW I never will!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 81
denni266
November 25, 2014, 10:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +695
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Alfie

same here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 81
ginnywings

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Hurst showed tonight why he has no rapport with the fans. A well liked manager would not get the same level of stick after a defeat as he does. We are second but a lot of fans are just not feeling it and are staying away.

On the other hand, the Woking manager is a complete ars*.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 81
mariner91
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,593
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from ackomariner

Got told before the game tonight that jf has had words with hurst about the defensive approach at home.

From someone who knows a very good friend of jf and hasn't been on here for a while.....saying no more

Whilst we're all looking for a more expansive game to be played at home. The chairman should never get involved with the playing side of things in my opinion.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 81
chaos33
November 25, 2014, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Really? He probably shouldn't get pi$$ed and then taunt his own fans on a message board either, but hey ho....which is worse? Who's to say what he should and shouldn't do?

A win is a win. All else is sideshow.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 81
KK_DOG
November 25, 2014, 11:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
I'm not one to criticise Hurst but a poor post match interview but 3 points is far more important.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 81
moosey_club
November 25, 2014, 11:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,240
Gold Stars: 226
How to win friends and influence people eh?

"We didnt need to win tonight"......well in that case why did you say in your pre match interview that you wanted to beat them to stay 2nd ? We need to win every game until we have sealed promotion, be relaxed about not winning then.

"The crowd groaned when we played the channel ball but we scored the 2nd, it shows they dont understand the game"....b0ll0cks Paul, the crowd were groaning because Woking were starting to take control, they made changes at half time and were starting to dictate and we were just aimlessly lumping it back to them for the majority of the time and starting to sit deeper...we got two goals from awful defending by Woking, if we had conceded those goals you would have been disappointed to say the least.

"We didnt play as well tonight as we did on Saturday, we didnt keep possession as well"......you just said the tactics were to play the channel ball into the spaces...make your mind up!!

I would agree with the quietness of the crowd, very quiet, but i think most were in shock and stunned by seeing two strikers on the pitch at the same time  .  The 25(?) Woking fans could be heard throughout so credit to their hardcore for rocking up on a cold winters evening so far from home.

Take a chill pill Paul, bond with the public, we all want the same thing.  UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 81
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 25, 2014, 11:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from RichMariner

If he hadn't been forced to make changes through losing Pell and Thomas wouldn't the side have been unchanged possibly apart from Neilson and wouldn't it have played in the same way as Saturday? PH is a lucky man and maybe  his team got the points despite him.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 81
highcliff mariner
November 25, 2014, 11:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
[u]
Quoted from Garth

spot on . We was no better than saturday ????  that was just a wind up right ?
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 81
Stevie Saunders
November 25, 2014, 11:16pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Craig Disley basically said that Woking are a bunch of cocky s*ds and it's always nice to get one over on them
As to Hurst being a bit defensive (both personally and tactically) fans and manager have same desire - to win football matches.
Fans want that little bit extra - to be entertained at £18 a throw; Hurst won't give a crap if we are not entertained but still win... he is paid to get results and get us back into football league
He's under pressure to get GTFC promoted - he knows it and we know it.
Both parties ought to cut each other some slack; Hurst is a hard-headed professional while us fans are emotionally charged who have big highs and even bigger lows
We are 2nd for Christ's sake - I'm pretty happy right now
UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 81
Rick12
November 25, 2014, 11:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from ginnywings
Hurst showed tonight why he has no rapport with the fans. A well liked manager would not get the same level of stick after a defeat as he does. We are second but a lot of fans are just not feeling it and are staying away.

Its a shame to read things like this.The club needs everyone pulling together if we are to achieve promotion and Iam sure the players may feel it as well.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 81
LongEatonMariner
November 25, 2014, 11:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ginnywings

What do you mean for Christ's sake, you're giving him stick when he wins.  This whole thread is totally uncalled for. I couldn't give a toss whether he inspires fans, he's paid to inspire players which evidently he is doing quite well at.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 81
The Singing Fisherman
November 25, 2014, 11:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
Don't give a flying intercourse what the manager says after games. We won and played well. Happy days. If he wins us promotion he can say what the intercourse he likes. I will kiss his Yorkie bottom if he does too. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 81
barralad
November 25, 2014, 11:24pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
Craig Disley basically said that Woking are a bunch of cocky s*ds and it's always nice to get one over on them
As to Hurst being a bit defensive (both personally and tactically) fans and manager have same desire - to win football matches.
Fans want that little bit extra - to be entertained at £18 a throw; Hurst won't give a crap if we are not entertained but still win... he is paid to get results and get us back into football league
Both parties ought to cut each other some slack; Hurst is a hard-headed professional while us fans are emotionally charged who have big highs and even bigger lows
UTM!

It's amazing this thread is as long as the Just Back thread after we've won 3-1 against our closest rivals...Where's FFS when you need him?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 81
Rick12
November 25, 2014, 11:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
UTM!
Spot on for me.To be fair to Hurst he is only human and may well be feeling the pressure .Hope for him and us we get that promotion.Iam a optimist and personally dont mind him as a guy but I believe this is the best chance yet since we've been in the conference that we may well go up this season.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 81
barralad
November 25, 2014, 11:25pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

What do you mean for Christ's sake, you're giving him stick when he wins.  This whole thread is totally uncalled for. I couldn't give a toss whether he inspires fans, he's paid to inspire players which evidently he is doing quite well at.

Excellent point....

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 81
oldun
November 25, 2014, 11:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
It was a strange interview, a bit defensive and trying to put the fans in their place was ill judged. He was evasive in most of JT's  questions about formation, how we played, goings on near the dugout,, their manager. Maybe he is right, he does not over-react when we lose and does not get carried away when we win. Time will tell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 81
mrsd
November 25, 2014, 11:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
Does a post match interview really matter that much? We won without playing particularly well, a point Dis made in his interview,  and we are second. Let's give players and manager credit for that result and give them all support in the hope of getting out of this league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 81
headingly_mariner
November 25, 2014, 11:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quite a few sensitive Sally's on here. Most of what he said was true, probably not in his best interests to say it but for me he is always pretty honest, maybe too honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 81
The Singing Fisherman
November 25, 2014, 11:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
People on here read far too much into post match interviews. Just enjoy the win. FFs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 81
SamTheMariner
November 25, 2014, 11:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
He has a tendency to become grumpy. When everyone including myself held their head in their hands when they saw Lenny step up to take that pen against Woking last year, he was really p!ssed off. I think the fickleness of the fans and our tendency to mock or jeer or boo players gets on his nerves and he wants to protect his players.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 81
Grimal
November 25, 2014, 11:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Don't give a flying intercourse what the manager says after games. We won and played well. Happy days. If he wins us promotion he can say what the intercourse he likes. I will kiss his Yorkie bottom if he does too. Utm

I'm hoping our last game of the season won't be televised, just imagine when the shop scores 20 goals and we are promoted as champions,
there will be Jonnyboy running around the pontoon with a giant Lincolnshire sausage hanging out his ar$e and The Singing Fisherman kissing Paul Hurst's bum, Skint's going to seem a bit tame beside this.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 81
springstomind
November 26, 2014, 12:00am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30201739

Listen to this stroker please.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 81
EY Mariner
November 26, 2014, 12:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from SamTheMariner
He has a tendency to become grumpy. When everyone including myself held their head in their hands when they saw Lenny step up to take that pen against Woking last year, he was really p!ssed off. I think the fickleness of the fans and our tendency to mock or jeer or boo players gets on his nerves and he wants to protect his players.

I think you'd need the patience of a saint not to get hacked off with the pessimism that seems to hover over our club sometimes. Mike Newell was all too accurate when he talked about a negative culture.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 81
davmariner
November 26, 2014, 12:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,912
Gold Stars: 79
On reflection do we maybe think Hill said something similar to Hurst on the touch line about our side and him being under pressure, as he did post-match? Would explain Hurst's actions and his rather strange interview. Important that we don't let idiots like Hill get under our skin.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 81
ginnywings
November 26, 2014, 12:28am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

I'm not giving him stick, merely pointing out that a lot of fans i know don't like him or the way he sets up the team to play. He is not well regarded judging by the everyday comments i hear from the many Town fans i know. Some players and managers are taken to the hearts of fans but Hurst isn't one of them and that is reflected in the fact that he gets no leeway when things go pear shaped. You may have a different view.

Some say it doesn't matter, but it does. If he is the reason some fans stay away, then that is costing the club vital revenue, which is more important than ever in the Conference, with no league cash coming in.

Second in the league, yet 2600 turn up. Draw your own conclusions.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 81
EY Mariner
November 26, 2014, 12:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Cold night, Champions League on the television, four weeks out from Christmas. I think there's plenty more reasons than Hurst for people not to attend tonight and if some fans are staying away because of Hurst, that says more about them than a manager who's got us to second in the league at the halfway stage of the season. I wish I could understand what my more critical colleagues want from Hurst but, given his team has taken 19 out of the last 24 points available, it seems to me he's doing a pretty decent job at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 81
arryarryarry
November 26, 2014, 12:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from EY Mariner

I think you'd need the patience of a saint not to get hacked off with the pessimism that seems to hover over our club sometimes. Mike Newell was all too accurate when he talked about a negative culture.

Erm this is our 5th season outside the Football League languishing in this shite league with no funding for our youth team and away crowds of around 25 to boost our income.

What exactly do you expect.

Private Message
Reply: 50 - 81
horsforthmariner
November 26, 2014, 12:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,598
Gold Stars: 9
Okay a few points.

First the interview was very poor from Hurst. Fenty needs to have a word. Post match interview after a victory with a leading local local media outlet should be upbeat and positive. It needs to be a sales pitch saying Did you not come tonight? it was great don't miss out next time. It's basically free advertising and yet we balls it up time and time again. It's like M and S advert saying thinking of doing some Christmas shopping? well it's going to be miserable, probably really busy you may get something nice but if not you can make do and we are really unhappy that your moaning about the length of time you have to queue. It just wouldn't happen yet this is what happens time and time again and if I was Fenty I would be sending him on a media relations course.

So here what he should have said. It was a hard fought victory (hard fought is a euphemism for we weren't great but we won). Proud of the lads and the fans ( don't forget to keep the fans on board a bit of praise). A few technical details about the goals, tell people how well we defended, say we can still get better (entice people with the promise of more) and finally point out we are on a roll  - we've won 6 out of last 8 games and we've lost once in 11 and we think we can win the title (people are more likely to come if they have good reason to think we will win and stats are good evidence). Job done and you don't get fishy threads saying he's lost it.

Now defending Paul, He is never going to be a natural with the press. He's is dour, lacks charisma and just isn't funny (his jokes always fall flat) this is just his personality. So we have to cut him a bit of slack, but this is an important part of the job (and Buckley was rubbish at it too) because its not press it's advertising.

Secondly on a slightly different theme, we are SECOND in the league. Our play is not Barcelona but I reckon Paul does a pretty good job. His tactics are defensive and based around not concending and grinding out results. This is broing boring Arsenal, but boring boring Arsenal won titles. We've conceded the fewest goals this season and that's because we are well organised and we play to our strengths.

The Woking bosses interview was inspirational (for us that is) If I were Hurst I'd play that interview on loop on the way to the ground in the return fixture. Also it says to Woking's fans we can't beat a rubbish side and where does the buck lie. He's clearly a pillock on a run of good luck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 81
MarinerWY
November 26, 2014, 1:04am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from EY Mariner
Cold night, Champions League on the television, four weeks out from Christmas. I think there's plenty more reasons than Hurst for people not to attend tonight and if some fans are staying away because of Hurst, that says more about them than a manager who's got us to second in the league at the halfway stage of the season. I wish I could understand what my more critical colleagues want from Hurst but, given his team has taken 19 out of the last 24 points available, it seems to me he's doing a pretty decent job at the moment.

Great post.

Private Message
Reply: 52 - 81
gary_elton
November 26, 2014, 1:26am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Three points.... that'll do.... people cant afford too much football with Christmas around the corner... a cold night...Champions league on telly...
I personally thought after a home defeat 2,500 to 3,000 would be a fair gate for tonight... the fans NEED positives from
management and Humberside ...   on a personal note.. so glad to see Disley in the side and bagging yet another important goal...

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 81
Abdul19
November 26, 2014, 1:30am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,541
Gold Stars: 215
I'm guessing Hill's interview is him attempting some sort of mind games (overused phrase!), or he's trying to recreate the rivalry he had with Evans years ago. The "worst ever Grimsby side he's seen" sounds extreme, but I'm fairly sure tonight was only the 5th time he's ever managed against us! (W4 D1 L0 by the way)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 81
Fcukthescunts
November 26, 2014, 5:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Going to put it out there why does Hurst have to give interview at all after could Doig not do it? Didn't Fergie not do interviews with BBC. Not listened to interview because I really don't care what is said we won 3 points closer to promotion end of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 81
Mariner Ronnie
November 26, 2014, 7:15am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
Going to put it out there why does Hurst have to give interview at all after could Doig not do it? Didn't Fergie not do interviews with BBC. Not listened to interview because I really don't care what is said we won 3 points closer to promotion end of.

Man United got fined every time Ferguson didn't give an interview, different rules for prem league, he didn't to the bbc because of allegations against his son years back.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 81
BIGChris
November 26, 2014, 7:35am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Quoted from ginnywings

I'm not giving him stick, merely pointing out that a lot of fans i know don't like him or the way he sets up the team to play. He is not well regarded judging by the everyday comments i hear from the many Town fans i know. Some players and managers are taken to the hearts of fans but Hurst isn't one of them and that is reflected in the fact that he gets no leeway when things go pear shaped. You may have a different view.

Some say it doesn't matter, but it does. If he is the reason some fans stay away, then that is costing the club vital revenue, which is more important than ever in the Conference, with no league cash coming in.

Second in the league, yet 2600 turn up. Draw your own conclusions.

If anyone is staying away because 'they dont like' the manager they want to take a long hard look at themselves!

it seems everyone you speak too Ginny doesnt go anymore because of boring football/they dont like the manager/dont like formations etc.

Maybe its time to get some new friends
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 81
Maringer
November 26, 2014, 7:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from springstomind
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30201739

Listen to this stroker please.

Wow, it's not often you encounter a manager with less class than Rob Scott! Listening to that interview, you'd have thought they dominated the game but this doesn't quite explain why the BBC stats seem to indicate that we had more possession than them, twice as many shots, twice as many shots on target and they committed more fouls and picked up the only bookings. Did McKeown even make a single save?

Rather than talking us down, perhaps he'd be better off thinking about how we beat his team relatively comfortably, despite not playing overly well?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 81
BeijingMariner
November 26, 2014, 9:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40

Paul Hurst has us in 2nd.
If fans can understand fans booing, then they should also understand PH being defensive.
He's human, fans are human, isn't that as complex as it gets?
PH isn't keeping the fans away with us in 2nd, they are keeping themselves away.

Gary Hill is a graceless man and even though I want us to win it because I want us to win it, I hope we win it also to make him look like the fool he is
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 59 - 81
the driver
November 26, 2014, 9:23am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
Paul Hurst  I belive has come over to me with dignity not to respond to Mr Hill the players did the talking for him I allways enjoy his tongue in cheek interview although I am convinced last night performance was far better than Saturday my MOM Craig Disley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 81
TownSNAFU5
November 26, 2014, 10:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,872
Gold Stars: 42
Hurst is already showing the pressure of the need to deliver promotion,  even at this stage of the season.    I am not confident that he is emotionally and/or mentally equipped to win at the business end of the season.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 81
Brisbane Mariner
November 26, 2014, 10:38am

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Good Grief Charlie Brown!!!

We are second in the table and even by our indifferent results recently we are still only 6 points of Barnet!
Lets be clear here - we are not world beaters and nor are we invincible but we are a good squad with the potential to win games we need to  lose games we shouldn't and snatch draws if all else fails - but they are our team and PH is doing a reasonable job - I reckon - he's not the most imaginative (and I hate buttoned up shirts without ties ) but hey its what we have so lets support it!

UTMM

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 62 - 81
GrimRob
November 26, 2014, 11:12am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,400
Gold Stars: 113
It's not the Queen's Speech FFS. I'm interested in hearing his thinking behind decisions but I don't really care what he says. It's what he says to the people under him that matters. He's got a degree in Professional Sports Writing and Broadcasting so if if he wasn't manager he might be the other side of the microphone.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 63 - 81
diehardmariner
November 26, 2014, 1:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,522
Gold Stars: 536
I think too much lip service is given to Hurst's post-match comments.  He's clearly a miserable and childish sod at the best of times.  If he gets us promoted I don't care how he acts really.

My concern is that we were down to 2,600 last night.  We can argue the reasons why the gate was low last night forever, it was cold, Champs League on the box, nearly Christmas, Hurst is a bell, who cares....the gate was worryingly low.  

What Hurst doesn't need to be doing is anything to remotely alienate the fans, regardless of what he thinks it's of absolutely no benefit to anyone.  If he's going to have a strop on air, let Doig do the interview.  
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 81
BIGChris
November 26, 2014, 6:28pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
I've just listened to the post match interview and have to say i cannot understand what the fuss is about.

Some people seem to be looking for any slight, perceived slip to hammer the bloke. The same man who has led our club to 6 wins and a draw in the last 8 games!

See you all at Telford. UTM
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 81
EY Mariner
November 26, 2014, 6:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Erm this is our 5th season outside the Football League languishing in this shite league with no funding for our youth team and away crowds of around 25 to boost our income.

What exactly do you expect.

"Erm", I would expect people to engage brains and see we're doing pretty well. Obviously, I'm too optimistic for this place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 81
mariner tommy
November 26, 2014, 6:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think too much lip service is given to Hurst's post-match comments.  He's clearly a miserable and childish sod at the best of times.  If he gets us promoted I don't care how he acts really.

My concern is that we were down to 2,600 last night.  We can argue the reasons why the gate was low last night forever, it was cold, Champs League on the box, nearly Christmas, Hurst is a bell, who cares....the gate was worryingly low.  

What Hurst doesn't need to be doing is anything to remotely alienate the fans, regardless of what he thinks it's of absolutely no benefit to anyone.  If he's going to have a strop on air, let Doig do the interview.  

I don't think the gate was worryingly low at all.
It was a cold miserable November night with Champions League football on the tele, and we lost on Saturday.
That's why it was low.
I was there, as I am every home game.

Was you there ?

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 81
forza ivano
November 27, 2014, 7:38am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,147
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from BIGChris
I've just listened to the post match interview and have to say i cannot understand what the fuss is about.

Some people seem to be looking for any slight, perceived slip to hammer the bloke. The same man who has led our club to 6 wins and a draw in the last 8 games!

See you all at Telford. UTM

Was going to post similarly today chris. I actually find hursts interviews far more interesting than the norm. At least he does try to tackle the issues and explain his rationale pre match and his thinking during the game. The vast majority fall back on platitudes and cliches and reveal nothing that you haven't already seen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 81
ginnywings
November 27, 2014, 8:17am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from BIGChris

If anyone is staying away because 'they dont like' the manager they want to take a long hard look at themselves!

it seems everyone you speak too Ginny doesnt go anymore because of boring football/they dont like the manager/dont like formations etc.

Maybe its time to get some new friends

Why should they "take a long hard look at themselves" as you put it. It's fifth tier football, not jury service. There is no compunction to attend if people are not happy with what, after all, is supposed to be entertainment.

Secondly, i never said it's everyone i speak to, but it's a lot.

Thirdly, i'm not talking about my friends and i don't need to get any new ones thanks. I work in construction and get around a lot. Football is a daily conversation on most sites and lots of people i speak to have stopped going/are not feeling it, for reasons stated.

It seems to be a question of shooting the messenger. I can't make these people stop having these views and attend BP regularly. I'm just saying what i hear on a daily basis.

If you are happy with things, then great.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 81
grimsby pete
November 27, 2014, 11:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
After listening to both Hurst and Hill on the radio,

I think Hill has no class whatsoever,

Paul Hurst would never comment on another team or manager like Hill did,

When we go down to play Woking in the away game, I hope Paul takes a recording of Hill's comments,

Plays it to our lads in the changing room,

Then sit and watch our team hammer Woking again.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 81
biggles9999
November 27, 2014, 11:43am
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from ginnywings

Why should they "take a long hard look at themselves" as you put it. It's fifth tier football, not jury service. There is no compunction to attend if people are not happy with what, after all, is supposed to be entertainment.

Secondly, i never said it's everyone i speak to, but it's a lot.

Thirdly, i'm not talking about my friends and i don't need to get any new ones thanks. I work in construction and get around a lot. Football is a daily conversation on most sites and lots of people i speak to have stopped going/are not feeling it, for reasons stated.

It seems to be a question of shooting the messenger. I can't make these people stop having these views and attend BP regularly. I'm just saying what i hear on a daily basis.

If you are happy with things, then great.

I can completely understand why people are disappointed with the club based on the past 10-15 years and our huge drop in fortunes since the late 90's and even for some fans the style which was played in the 70's and 80's. But then we have to apply some realism and accept a measure of short termism.

Am I happy that we are in the Conference? No, but I am happy with our current position in the league at present. We are 2nd, fairly well placed for an assault on the title with the playoffs as a (distant) 2nd.

Do I think that the football could more exciting? Almost certainly, but then there's no promise that if we played attacking football we would be in the same position as we are now. There's no promise that playing 442 would have beaten Kiddie - we go only propose that it might have done. What I will say is that Hurst will be picking his team to suit his football knowledge and preferences, which currently are helping us to some generally excellent form - in terms of points.

Does Hurst inspire me? No he doesn't, but then he isn't here to inspire me. I would personally far rather have Hurst as a manager rather than some rent a gob just because he has a 'rapport' with the fans. I will bet you that 99% of fans will be cheering his name if we are promoted at the end of the season.

In the short term, we are were we are because of the work of the current managerial and playing staff. It isnt down to them to bear the brunt of our misgivings towards players like Lawrence, Newey, Butler and Conlon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 81
arryarryarry
November 27, 2014, 11:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from EY Mariner

"Erm", I would expect people to engage brains and see we're doing pretty well. Obviously, I'm too optimistic for this place.

You're clearly far too optimistic for the 800 odd who couldn't be bothered to turn up on Tuesday.

Private Message
Reply: 72 - 81
arryarryarry
November 27, 2014, 11:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from biggles9999

I can completely understand why people are disappointed with the club based on the past 10-15 years and our huge drop in fortunes since the late 90's and even for some fans the style which was played in the 70's and 80's. But then we have to apply some realism and accept a measure of short termism.

Am I happy that we are in the Conference? No, but I am happy with our current position in the league at present. We are 2nd, fairly well placed for an assault on the title with the playoffs as a (distant) 2nd.

Do I think that the football could more exciting? Almost certainly, but then there's no promise that if we played attacking football we would be in the same position as we are now. There's no promise that playing 442 would have beaten Kiddie - we go only propose that it might have done. What I will say is that Hurst will be picking his team to suit his football knowledge and preferences, which currently are helping us to some generally excellent form - in terms of points.

Does Hurst inspire me? No he doesn't, but then he isn't here to inspire me. I would personally far rather have Hurst as a manager rather than some rent a gob just because he has a 'rapport' with the fans. I will bet you that 99% of fans will be cheering his name if we are promoted at the end of the season.

In the short term, we are were we are because of the work of the current managerial and playing staff. It isnt down to them to bear the brunt of our misgivings towards players like Lawrence, Newey, Butler and Conlon.

I think if you asked most fans the day we got relegated that "in the short term" would last at least five seasons I am sure they would have been very unhappy.

As regards the players bearing the brunt, yes some of them were crap but the misgivings should be against the clowns that signed them and the clowns that signed the managers.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 81
barralad
November 27, 2014, 12:44pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think if you asked most fans the day we got relegated that "in the short term" would last at least five seasons I am sure they would have been very unhappy.

As regards the players bearing the brunt, yes some of them were crap but the misgivings should be against the clowns that signed them and the clowns that signed the managers.

Personally I couldn't have been any more unhappy. That was partly because we'd lost our League status after 100 years but also because having followed the Conference for a few years and seen the lack of ex-league teams quickly returning to the League I didn't have the expectation that our return would be a quick one. Having established that, our continued participation in this league is easier to bear and I can concentrate on doing my bit to try to ensure that the current situation doesn't last much longer-which, after all is all ordinary fans can do.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 81
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 27, 2014, 1:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Personally I couldn't have been any more unhappy. That was partly because we'd lost our League status after 100 years but also because having followed the Conference for a few years and seen the lack of ex-league teams quickly returning to the League I didn't have the expectation that our return would be a quick one. Having established that, our continued participation in this league is easier to bear and I can concentrate on doing my bit to try to ensure that the current situation doesn't last much longer-which, after all is all ordinary fans can do.

I have to admit that some of my criticism of PH and the club in general is caused by relegation and especially by the abject failure of JF to get a decent manager straightaway to get us straight back up while the money was there. As it was we had one of the most clueless first team managers ever and even worse, kept him for far too long. He was a coach, no more than that, not a manager. Not only that he wasted the parachute money which meant that subsequent managers had a harder job. So in that respect PH has done far better than anyone since Newell.

In my mind we are still a big club. We should not be in this league and we certainly should not be crawling our way out of it via 5th place and praying for luck in the play offs no matter what the budget realists tell us. I really would like the manager to say things that reflect this status rather than the downbeat, I know best, let's creep up on the rails, way he approaches the supporters. If he delivers the goods in April I will happily praise him but until then it will take more than a dodgy, aren't we doing well to be in second spot, to convince me.

UTM.  I live in hope!

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 81
biggles9999
November 27, 2014, 1:43pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from arryarryarry

By short term I am referring to taking each year/season on it own merits. We are 2nd and with a good chance of being 3 points off the top come Saturday evening.

Yes it could have been us top/level if we had beaten Kidderminster, Dover, Southport etc, but then it could just as easily be us further away if we hadn't beaten Gateshead, Woking or Torquay (a).

Part of football is that you will have bad results, from what I have seen we are very consistent, in the main the players have worked hard and we are extremely difficult to beat. I see very little reason to complain about how things are going THIS season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 81
Dan
November 27, 2014, 1:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551

I really would like the manager to say things that reflect this status rather than the downbeat, I know best, let's creep up on the rails, way he approaches the supporters.

Paul Hurst is a Yorkshireman. They don't do upbeat.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 81
arryarryarry
November 27, 2014, 3:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from biggles9999

By short term I am referring to taking each year/season on it own merits. We are 2nd and with a good chance of being 3 points off the top come Saturday evening.

Yes it could have been us top/level if we had beaten Kidderminster, Dover, Southport etc, but then it could just as easily be us further away if we hadn't beaten Gateshead, Woking or Torquay (a).

Part of football is that you will have bad results, from what I have seen we are very consistent, in the main the players have worked hard and we are extremely difficult to beat. I see very little reason to complain about how things are going THIS season.

Thing is you probably would have said the same last season when we were top but look where we are, we are still here.

I think after 5 seasons if we don't go up we could be destined to be here for a very long time.

Private Message
Reply: 78 - 81
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 27, 2014, 4:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Dan

Paul Hurst is a Yorkshireman. They don't do upbeat.

So was Brian Clough.

Private Message
Reply: 79 - 81
diehardmariner
November 27, 2014, 4:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,522
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from mariner tommy

I don't think the gate was worryingly low at all.
It was a cold miserable November night with Champions League football on the tele, and we lost on Saturday.
That's why it was low.
I was there, as I am every home game.

Was you there ?

UTM

You don't think it's a worry that despite sitting second in the table and playing a side a place below us we managed to attract just 2,600 through the gate?  Ignore the weather, the telly or the previous result, the low gate is a very strong indication of a losing battle to attract the local people of the community.

Yeah, I was there.  What's your point?

Private Message
Reply: 80 - 81
grimsby pete
November 27, 2014, 5:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222

So was Brian Clough.

I could see Brian and John working together,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 81
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hes lost it

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.