This thread currently has 10,216 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
the driver
November 26, 2014, 9:23am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
Paul Hurst  I belive has come over to me with dignity not to respond to Mr Hill the players did the talking for him I allways enjoy his tongue in cheek interview although I am convinced last night performance was far better than Saturday my MOM Craig Disley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 81
TownSNAFU5
November 26, 2014, 10:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Hurst is already showing the pressure of the need to deliver promotion,  even at this stage of the season.    I am not confident that he is emotionally and/or mentally equipped to win at the business end of the season.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 81
Brisbane Mariner
November 26, 2014, 10:38am

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Good Grief Charlie Brown!!!

We are second in the table and even by our indifferent results recently we are still only 6 points of Barnet!
Lets be clear here - we are not world beaters and nor are we invincible but we are a good squad with the potential to win games we need to  lose games we shouldn't and snatch draws if all else fails - but they are our team and PH is doing a reasonable job - I reckon - he's not the most imaginative (and I hate buttoned up shirts without ties ) but hey its what we have so lets support it!

UTMM

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 62 - 81
GrimRob
November 26, 2014, 11:12am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
It's not the Queen's Speech FFS. I'm interested in hearing his thinking behind decisions but I don't really care what he says. It's what he says to the people under him that matters. He's got a degree in Professional Sports Writing and Broadcasting so if if he wasn't manager he might be the other side of the microphone.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 63 - 81
diehardmariner
November 26, 2014, 1:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,097
Gold Stars: 520
I think too much lip service is given to Hurst's post-match comments.  He's clearly a miserable and childish sod at the best of times.  If he gets us promoted I don't care how he acts really.

My concern is that we were down to 2,600 last night.  We can argue the reasons why the gate was low last night forever, it was cold, Champs League on the box, nearly Christmas, Hurst is a bell, who cares....the gate was worryingly low.  

What Hurst doesn't need to be doing is anything to remotely alienate the fans, regardless of what he thinks it's of absolutely no benefit to anyone.  If he's going to have a strop on air, let Doig do the interview.  
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 81
BIGChris
November 26, 2014, 6:28pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I've just listened to the post match interview and have to say i cannot understand what the fuss is about.

Some people seem to be looking for any slight, perceived slip to hammer the bloke. The same man who has led our club to 6 wins and a draw in the last 8 games!

See you all at Telford. UTM
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 81
EY Mariner
November 26, 2014, 6:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from arryarryarry

Erm this is our 5th season outside the Football League languishing in this shite league with no funding for our youth team and away crowds of around 25 to boost our income.

What exactly do you expect.

"Erm", I would expect people to engage brains and see we're doing pretty well. Obviously, I'm too optimistic for this place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 81
mariner tommy
November 26, 2014, 6:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think too much lip service is given to Hurst's post-match comments.  He's clearly a miserable and childish sod at the best of times.  If he gets us promoted I don't care how he acts really.

My concern is that we were down to 2,600 last night.  We can argue the reasons why the gate was low last night forever, it was cold, Champs League on the box, nearly Christmas, Hurst is a bell, who cares....the gate was worryingly low.  

What Hurst doesn't need to be doing is anything to remotely alienate the fans, regardless of what he thinks it's of absolutely no benefit to anyone.  If he's going to have a strop on air, let Doig do the interview.  

I don't think the gate was worryingly low at all.
It was a cold miserable November night with Champions League football on the tele, and we lost on Saturday.
That's why it was low.
I was there, as I am every home game.

Was you there ?

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 81
forza ivano
November 27, 2014, 7:38am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,141
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from BIGChris
I've just listened to the post match interview and have to say i cannot understand what the fuss is about.

Some people seem to be looking for any slight, perceived slip to hammer the bloke. The same man who has led our club to 6 wins and a draw in the last 8 games!

See you all at Telford. UTM

Was going to post similarly today chris. I actually find hursts interviews far more interesting than the norm. At least he does try to tackle the issues and explain his rationale pre match and his thinking during the game. The vast majority fall back on platitudes and cliches and reveal nothing that you haven't already seen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 81
ginnywings
November 27, 2014, 8:17am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from BIGChris

If anyone is staying away because 'they dont like' the manager they want to take a long hard look at themselves!

it seems everyone you speak too Ginny doesnt go anymore because of boring football/they dont like the manager/dont like formations etc.

Maybe its time to get some new friends

Why should they "take a long hard look at themselves" as you put it. It's fifth tier football, not jury service. There is no compunction to attend if people are not happy with what, after all, is supposed to be entertainment.

Secondly, i never said it's everyone i speak to, but it's a lot.

Thirdly, i'm not talking about my friends and i don't need to get any new ones thanks. I work in construction and get around a lot. Football is a daily conversation on most sites and lots of people i speak to have stopped going/are not feeling it, for reasons stated.

It seems to be a question of shooting the messenger. I can't make these people stop having these views and attend BP regularly. I'm just saying what i hear on a daily basis.

If you are happy with things, then great.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.