4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
November 25, 2014, 10:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
So so much better! We pressed and battled but credit woking, they are a good side! Looked good with balls into channels, must admit i was nervy when woking pulled one back and thought only a matter of time before they got the second but credit our boys for digging in and getting that third, mentions to dis who i thought was outstanding, also hannah who was very good when he came on, along with LJL and JPP. Pleasing journey home, mention to the linesman in the second half against us who was useless. Awful decisions against hannah twice!!' But UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
mr b
November 25, 2014, 10:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +28
4-4-2 simple !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
jonnyboy82
November 25, 2014, 10:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Hagrid
So so much better! We pressed and battled but credit woking, they are a good side! Looked good with balls into channels, must admit i was nervy when woking pulled one back and thought only a matter of time before they got the second but credit our boys for digging in and getting that third, mentions to dis who i thought was outstanding, also hannah who was very good when he came on, along with LJL and JPP. Pleasing journey home, mention to the linesman in the second half against us who was useless. Awful decisions against hannah twice!!' But UTM!!!

good result hagrid.

Puzzling though because buckley said in the radio woking were a poor team and how they were third he will never know.

Keeping the pressure on barnet too.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
Hagrid
November 25, 2014, 10:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from jonnyboy82

good result hagrid.

Puzzling though because buckley said in the radio woking were a poor team and how they were third he will never know.

Keeping the pressure on barnet too.

Did he now?? Well i guess its all about opinions but i disagree with alan there!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
November 25, 2014, 10:16pm
Guest User
Who am I to disagree with the King of Blundell Park? But I do! I thought they moved the ball very well, I do like that Josh Payne, he can ping a ball and has a good range. Good thing Rendall went of as he knows where the net is and that keeper was a clown. But they didn't deal with crosses too well, play a very high line and always looked like we would outscore them.
Reply: 4 - 37
Les Brechin
November 25, 2014, 10:17pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
To be fair to the lino I thought he got both offsides spot on. The first one Hannah was well offside, it was just the late flag and he was just offside for the second one too,, although it was very tight. In fact, I thought that all 3 officials had decent games,

It was mentioned that the ref likes dishing out cards but if anything he was a bit lenient at times.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
jonnyboy82
November 25, 2014, 10:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Hagrid

Did he now?? Well i guess its all about opinions but i disagree with alan there!

Yep.

I do suppose alan can see things different sometimes.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
Mariner Ronnie
November 25, 2014, 10:19pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
well done town, see y'all at telford

UTM!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
BIGChris
November 25, 2014, 10:25pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Enjoyed that!
Woking are a good footballing side but not convinced they threatened our goal enough. Losing Rendell early on limited them severely but in all honesty he hadn't done much prior to that.

First goal came from a great Magnay cross which Disley got up very well to head home. Thought there may have been the chance of a foul but not given?

Huge credit to JPP for the 2nd chased a lost cause, their keeper wants shooting for not seeing it out by using his body but the Pope got to it, crossed and the shop dived to head home.

Wokings goal came at a stage when they had the least of the ball. Parslow stood off and the shot went in off the far post ( did McKeown think it was going wide?). They then had a fine effort from Payne which hit the post before Hannah's clever ball saw Arnold have the freedom of the box to set up LJL's 2nd and 13th of the season.
Hamish had a couple of mins and looked promising in his brief appearance.
Arnold got man if the match but could have been anyone from Pearson, Toto, Magnay, Disley, Arnold the Pope or the Shop.

Shame so many chose to stay at home  given that is 6 wins and a draw in the last 8. Can't do anything about that, just keep gathering points.
We have gained points on Barnet in last few days. Long way to go, we will lose again, but maybe people will realise that the best chance we have of getting back in the league is total support for the team until end of April. We then see where we are and make decisions as appropriate at that time. In the meantime, let's enjoy the roller coaster.
UTM
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 37
Tony_GTFC
November 25, 2014, 10:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
Woking always let us play that's why we have a goodf record against them. Most other teams try and contain us.

Ask any man what nationality he would prefer to be, and ninety nine out of a hundred will tell you that they would prefer to be Englishmen.

CECIL RHODES

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 37
Maringer
November 25, 2014, 10:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Much better than Saturday (not exactly difficult), but a game won by persistence and doing the right things at the right time rather than any great play. I'd give the performance 6/10 for decent defending and one or two good moves but generally could have been much better.

Goals were taken well and Disley was my definite man of the match - unlucky not to score more than one. That said, he needed to be good tonight because Brown was very poor. Not really involved in the game and not fully fit, by the looks of things.

My disappointment today was that we wasted umpteen chances to put in good counter attacks through poor decision-making and poor passing. If we'd played a bit better, we could have put them to bed much sooner but, as it was, we foiled as many of our own attacks as the Woking defence!

I thought Woking looked good playing the ball through midfield but, as so often, they didn't really create too many threats and I think it would have been very unfair if they had got something out of the game.

Pleased to pick up the three points, but I'd like to see us attacking better in general as we don't look like a championship-winning side quite yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 37
November 25, 2014, 10:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from Maringer
Much better than Saturday (not exactly difficult), but a game won by persistence and doing the right things at the right time rather than any great play. I'd give the performance 6/10 for decent defending and one or two good moves but generally could have been much better.

Goals were taken well and Disley was my definite man of the match - unlucky not to score more than one. That said, he needed to be good tonight because Brown was very poor. Not really involved in the game and not fully fit, by the looks of things.

My disappointment today was that we wasted umpteen chances to put in good counter attacks through poor decision-making and poor passing. If we'd played a bit better, we could have put them to bed much sooner but, as it was, we foiled as many of our own attacks as the Woking defence!

I thought Woking looked good playing the ball through midfield but, as so often, they didn't really create too many threats and I think it would have been very unfair if they had got something out of the game.

Pleased to pick up the three points, but I'd like to see us attacking better in general as we don't look like a championship-winning side quite yet.

Agree with all of that. We haven't been anywhere near as fluent as I'd like for some time now. But it was a good win against a decent side. It's important to get the point when perhaps you aren't at your best. We'll need to improve ten fold if we are to win the league.
Reply: 11 - 37
barralad
November 25, 2014, 10:38pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Decent performance to bounce back from Saturday's poor showing. Three excellent, well-taken goals. A few nervy moments after their goal but answered in the best possible way.

Great performances from Disley, (who covered a lot of ground for someone whose legs have gone (apparently)!) Arnold, Pearson  Magnay and of course The Shop.

Only slight grumble is we look very one-sided in attack. Mackreth still not really showing very much by way of product...

Credit to the Woking fans who made a lot of noise for so few.

Apparently their manager thinks this is the worst Town team he's sent a team out against

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 37
Tangerine Chris
November 25, 2014, 10:42pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
What a difference 3 days make.  Tonight we played as a team instead of 11 individuals.  Disley was outstanding and should of got the MOM award.  Shame only 2600 odd people managed to drag their bums out to watch it.

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 37
sonik
November 25, 2014, 10:52pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
What a difference 3 days make.  Tonight we played as a team instead of 11 individuals. Disley was outstanding and should of got the MOM award.  Shame only 2600 odd people managed to drag their bums out to watch it.

Agree with that!

A big result and on to Telford.

A bit gutted we didn't get the 4-1 win at 40/1.   Although I'd pay an extra tenner every game for 3 points. Happy Days!

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 37
oldun
November 25, 2014, 10:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Not at our best too many hopeful balls forward, but it seems PH had asked them to get the ball in behind them. It helped we had 2 willing runners up front to cause them problems. Woking play good football in midfield going forward but Macca did not really have save to make. We had a bit of fortune as they lost their keeper and Scott Rendell early on, and committed defensive suicide for the 2nd and 3rd goals. Credit though to JPP for chasing a lost cause to set up Lenny's first and the same for Hannah and Arnold for his second. It was a bit nervy when they got back to 2-1 but the 3 points are ours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 37
TAGG
November 25, 2014, 11:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Million times better. Two up front, a will to get stuck in and to be first to the ball.
What a header from Diz for the first goal. Pearson was immense tonight.
They are a good side IMO there No 7 was as good a footballer as I have seen in this league.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 37
gtfc82
November 25, 2014, 11:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from barralad
Apparently their manager thinks this is the worst Town team he's sent a team out against

Typical sour grapes from a sore loser! They offered nothing until their goal and all their chances were shots from outside the box! We deserved the win, and looked a lot better playing 442. Both LJL's goals wouldn't have been scored in the 451 system as nobody would have been in the box to support!
Disappointed by Mackreth (as usual). He offered nothing going forward. I'd play Arnold on right and Nielson on the left against Telford.
Nice to have that winning feeling again!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 37
LongEatonMariner
November 25, 2014, 11:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Quoted from gtfc82

Typical sour grapes from a sore loser! They offered nothing until their goal and all their chances were shots from outside the box! We deserved the win, and looked a lot better playing 442. Both LJL's goals wouldn't have been scored in the 451 system as nobody would have been in the box to support!
Disappointed by Mackreth (as usual). He offered nothing going forward. I'd play Arnold on right and Nielson on the left against Telford.
Nice to have that winning feeling again!  

Yes sure has been a while
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 37
moosey_club
November 25, 2014, 11:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Maringer

Pretty much my thoughts really especially the counter attack/decision making Arnold and .....Makreth.....have to mention how useless he was, sorry, but weak, clueless and largely a waste of a shirt. Also mention that two of the goals came from having 2 strikers up top, when he plays just the one we give the ball up too easy, tonight we had support on the spot.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 37
Abdul19
November 26, 2014, 1:18am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Enjoyed tonight's game, a lot better than Saturday (despite what PH says!). Disley was more effective than Pell and Parslow together were v Kiddy. Thought he should've scored with that header too.

Woking were decent, but I can't remember McKeown making a save? Maybe we got a bit lucky with their 2 injuries but shit happens! The 2nd and 3rd goals may well have come from Woking errors, but they also came from Pittman and Arnold chasing lost causes (which obviously weren't lost!)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
gary_elton
November 26, 2014, 1:30am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Quoted from barralad

Great performances from Disley

Like Disley... very hard working... their manager sounded lke a kid spittin his dummy out... arseole....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
Maringer
November 26, 2014, 7:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from gary_elton

Like Disley... very hard working... their manager sounded lke a kid spittin his dummy out... arseole....

Please, let's keep the pissing and moaning about the manager in the thread set up for that role.

Let's keep this one for discussing the decent victory which kept us in second place in the table.

As for the earlier comments about Mackreth, he certainly started very shakily yesterday and gave the ball away the first half-dozen times he received the ball, but he improved after that and worked very hard in defence. Didn't achieve a great deal going forward, mind.

Brown was hopeless in the first half and uninvolved pretty much all night (probably not fit), so it seems odd to me that Mackreth is being singled out for being ineffective when he made probably double the tackles of one of our central midfielders!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
barralad
November 26, 2014, 9:36am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Maringer

Please, let's keep the pissing and moaning about the manager in the thread set up for that role.

Let's keep this one for discussing the decent victory which kept us in second place in the table.

As for the earlier comments about Mackreth, he certainly started very shakily yesterday and gave the ball away the first half-dozen times he received the ball, but he improved after that and worked very hard in defence. Didn't achieve a great deal going forward, mind.

Brown was hopeless in the first half and uninvolved pretty much all night (probably not fit), so it seems odd to me that Mackreth is being singled out for being ineffective when he made probably double the tackles of one of our central midfielders!

Mackreth's a strange one really. Personally I don't doubt his defensive abilities (perhaps that is why he continues to get the nod from Paul Hurst?) but all of our dangerous attacks-second half at least- seemed to come down the left (apart from the 2nd. goal which Mackreth wasn't involved in) He has pace but lacks the nous to do anything with it by way of final product.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
pontoonlew
November 26, 2014, 9:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from BIGChris
Enjoyed that!
Woking are a good footballing side but not convinced they threatened our goal enough. Losing Rendell early on limited them severely but in all honesty he hadn't done much prior to that.

First goal came from a great Magnay cross which Disley got up very well to head home. Thought there may have been the chance of a foul but not given?

Huge credit to JPP for the 2nd chased a lost cause, their keeper wants shooting for not seeing it out by using his body but the Pope got to it, crossed and the shop dived to head home.

Wokings goal came at a stage when they had the least of the ball. Parslow stood off and the shot went in off the far post ( did McKeown think it was going wide?). They then had a fine effort from Payne which hit the post before Hannah's clever ball saw Arnold have the freedom of the box to set up LJL's 2nd and 13th of the season.
Hamish had a couple of mins and looked promising in his brief appearance.
Arnold got man if the match but could have been anyone from Pearson, Toto, Magnay, Disley, Arnold the Pope or the Shop.

Shame so many chose to stay at home  given that is 6 wins and a draw in the last 8. Can't do anything about that, just keep gathering points.
We have gained points on Barnet in last few days. Long way to go, we will lose again, but maybe people will realise that the best chance we have of getting back in the league is total support for the team until end of April. We then see where we are and make decisions as appropriate at that time. In the meantime, let's enjoy the roller coaster.
UTM

I'd say the low crowd despite getting the victories answers an age old debate on here. People go to football matches to not only see a win, but a performance. The hardcore section (which is about 2,500) will go no matter what, to get those extra bodies through the door you need a bit more.

Hopefully last night will encourage the stay aways, so long as they didn't listen to the post match interview!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
Mariners_15
November 26, 2014, 9:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Quoted from 75
Who am I to disagree with the King of Blundell Park? But I do! I thought they moved the ball very well, I do like that Josh Payne, he can ping a ball and has a good range. Good thing Rendall went of as he knows where the net is and that keeper was a clown. But they didn't deal with crosses too well, play a very high line and always looked like we would outscore them.

Spot on, thought he looked a class above and controlled the game for them at times. Wouldn't mind him here although a quick check on him shows he's southern based and only played for clubs in and around the London area.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
mariner91
November 26, 2014, 10:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,254
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from pontoonlew

I'd say the low crowd despite getting the victories answers an age old debate on here. People go to football matches to not only see a win, but a performance. The hardcore section (which is about 2,500) will go no matter what, to get those extra bodies through the door you need a bit more.

Hopefully last night will encourage the stay aways, so long as they didn't listen to the post match interview!

I don't think it says that at all. It was cold (will have put some people off), it was mid week (less likely to get someone taking their kids), Tuesday night means less exiles can get there, most people have work the next morning, it's a month until Christmas so people might be saving some money and the Champions League was on which will have accounted for some people not going.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 37
Jarmo.Is.God
November 26, 2014, 10:44am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Maringer

Good post.

Brown was very disappointing, Disley was back to his best, wins loads of headers !

Arnold was quieter than normal but not bad.

Magnay is my hero.

Toto bit dodgy at times.

Pearson Solid.

Parslow worries me

front 2 played well together, and good to see them hug when pittman was subbed, good partnership forming !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
gary_elton
November 26, 2014, 11:02am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Quoted from Maringer

Well excuse me I'm sure....    

A great victory...  ( see.. I haven't even mentioned their manager...)

oh.....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
mariner tommy
November 26, 2014, 11:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
A couple of things to add about last night, enjoyable game and nobody had a bad game.
My outstanding players were, Arnold, Disley, Magnay and Lennie.
And another point worth mentioning, I reckon Hannah's goal should have stood.
I'm sure the ball that came to him came off a defender.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 37
arryarryarry
November 26, 2014, 12:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
For me it was much better that last Saturday but we should still do better.

Three or four players not at their best and one of them was blooming woeful. Amazed that he lasted the full match.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
BIGChris
November 26, 2014, 12:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Quoted from mariner tommy
A couple of things to add about last night, enjoyable game and nobody had a bad game.
My outstanding players were, Arnold, Disley, Magnay and Lennie.
And another point worth mentioning, I reckon Hannah's goal should have stood.
I'm sure the ball that came to him came off a defender.

UTM

It did come off the defender BUT when it was initially played forward was Hannah off side? I think he probably was.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
lee65
November 26, 2014, 12:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
I think this is like a situation on MoTD recently that was discussed. The ball came off an opposition player, but it was not an intentional touch, hence the offside stands. If Ross had intercepted a pass back it would have been ok
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
Les Brechin
November 26, 2014, 1:21pm

Quoted from lee65
I think this is like a situation on MoTD recently that was discussed. The ball came off an opposition player, but it was not an intentional touch, hence the offside stands. If Ross had intercepted a pass back it would have been ok

Doesn't matter whether it's an intentional touch or not, if the player is offside at the point of the initial pass by a team mate then he is offside, whether an opponent touches the ball intentionally or not after the team mates initial pass forward.

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
lee65
November 26, 2014, 1:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Can you not be stood offside and then legally intercept a back pass then Les?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
Les Brechin
November 26, 2014, 3:27pm

Quoted from lee65
Can you not be stood offside and then legally intercept a back pass then Les?

Yes, if an opponent plays the ball back then that's no problem. It's when a team mate initially plays the ball forward and it then comes off an opponent. If you are stood offside at the moment your team mate plays the ball initially, then you are offside, even if it does then come off an opponent.

I'm not a qualified ref but I'm sure one will back this up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
Maringer
November 26, 2014, 3:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from BIGChris

It did come off the defender BUT when it was initially played forward was Hannah off side? I think he probably was.

Yeah, from my vantage point, he was definitely a yard or two offside from that one.

One the other hand, he was played through shortly thereafter and I was absolutely certain he was well onside for that one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
barralad
November 26, 2014, 5:52pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from pontoonlew

The King of the Sweeping Generalisation returns! Welcome back!!

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.