Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What do we all want and how can we achieve it?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 284 Guests

What do we all want and how can we achieve it?

This thread currently has 1,953 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
November 25, 2014, 1:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from ivanosandwich

I would rather live in my world than your world

Ok i will keep living in reality and you keep living in neverland.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
The Singing Fisherman
November 25, 2014, 1:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
I don't care how we get promotion just hope we do. No team will play great flowing football for every game of the season and even more so in this league. As long as we get enough points at the end of the season to achieve promotion then that will do for me. There will be a few blips along the way but I believe we have the players to do it and have shown in enough games this season that we can play and are a good team. Yep there has been a few bad performances along the way but there have been far more good performances and good results. And that's why we're second in the league. Playoffs will do as long as we go up. But still think we can win it as there is plenty of points available still. 3 points tonight please. Utm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
MuddyWaters
November 25, 2014, 2:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
I want Paul Hurst to set a team up to attack teams at home and put them on the back foot rather than worry about what they can do to us. Only then will the home crowd with the various vocal pockets spread round the ground get behind the team. Too often BP is like a morgue and if PH wants the fans behind him then he needs to do something more positive.

He set the agenda for the season at Gateshead and at home to Alfreton - not at home to Southport, Kiddy, Dover and Altrincham.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
fleabag1970
November 25, 2014, 2:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
There you have it folks ................... 11 replys  some really good points and already someone falling out ..........

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
lew chaterleys lover
November 25, 2014, 2:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,660
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from fleabag1970
There you have it folks ................... 11 replys  some really good points and already someone falling out ..........

So what. Part of life is about falling out. There - Ive fallen out with you now.

I wonder what airey fairey happy clappy world you would like us all to live in?

Professional football is brutal - we either get results and go up or the fans will be unhappy, restless, sometimes even abusive. That's how it always was and always will be.

Only 2 people can really influence the fortunes of the Mariners - the "Chairman" and the manager. If they succeed they will be heroes, if its another failure then we better get the tin hats out.

Lets be honest - the chairman has had about 12 years to hit on the right formula and this current manager has had a really really fair crack at it so I think it understandable the fans are wanting success as a reward for their patience and continuing support.    
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
fleabag1970
November 25, 2014, 2:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
My point is , it is impossible to have a reasoned debate in here with out the insults flying ...................

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
LH
November 25, 2014, 2:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,457
Gold Stars: 172
Positivity from supporters, players, management, club staff and council alike.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
DocTower
November 25, 2014, 2:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
A realisation that our money comes from HOME GAMES no away , we give the team fantastic backing away from home . It's not our job to entertain when playing away games . Home games are the way to attract fans young and  old , make it exciting snd they will return , returning fans put money into the club .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
MyDogsThoughts
November 25, 2014, 2:39pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
I like everyone else wants promotion: the problem is how we achieve it, this has been the fans dilemma for years. What do we want? I have heard all these comments and a whole lot worst for years!

Buckley: passed the ball across the park to much, tries to walk the ball into the net.

Slade: to direct, not pretty to watch.

Woods: his team was not nasty enough, no contacts in the game and he allowed his heart to rule his head by not changing his players, formation or style of football.

Hurst: to negative, has favourites, boring talker, undynamic bloke, sets out not to lose (but does on occasions).

Even if we had someone with the best attributes of all these four managers we would still get people complaining. A win tonight and at Telford on Saturday will not stop the usual bleating bunch from having a go about something.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
grimsby pete
November 25, 2014, 3:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
I do not mind us playing 4-5-1,

BUT

Only at away games when playing top teams,

When we are playing the lower teams away and any team at home,

Let's go out from the 1st minute playing attacking football and scare the pants off the opposition,

If we do that the fans will come back to the Park and create an atmosphere that WILL also scare the pants off the opposition.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What do we all want and how can we achieve it?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.