Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › HURST OUT OF ORDER IN INTERVIEW
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 312 Guests

HURST OUT OF ORDER IN INTERVIEW

This thread currently has 6,753 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
wormy
November 22, 2014, 8:35pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +62
I support the Mariners through and through and therefore support Paul Hurst as he is our manager,however, having heard his interview on Humberside tonight I feel he is bang out of order. I personally do not boo the team but if others want to then that is their right particularly after today's performance. I don't see that it makes any difference if we are second or second from bottom it was still a very poor performance which some people thought was worthy of booing. HURST should listen to what MAGNAY had to say who apologised to the fans for a shambolic performance.

I have also noted that HURST never credits our fantastic away support unless prompted by Tondeur. It's time he started reflecting on who really are the important people at this great club. I am seriously contemplating NOT going on Tuesday as my own personal protest due to a complete lack of support / understanding by the manager of the fans even if a MINORITY do upset him.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
November 22, 2014, 8:40pm
Guest User
Agree in part with you but have to say I've heard Hurst many a time praise the town fans to be fair.
Reply: 1 - 48
jimgtfc
November 22, 2014, 8:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,010
Gold Stars: 40
Oh yeah that'll help...

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 48
Mariner Ronnie
November 22, 2014, 8:42pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
I'll never boo the team, and I'm not a fan of anyone else doing it either.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 48
Zmariner
November 22, 2014, 8:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
We are on a good run no doubt but we struggle to score. Today we were poor and I was frustrated by Pell ahead of Clay. Hurst was like a baby with his comment. He needs to whine less. We play like an away team at home. I did not enjoy the game today. I will always support and Hurst is doing well but his whining is not endearing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 48
DocTower
November 22, 2014, 8:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Never impressed with his interviews but your summary is spot on . As for Tuesday , yet to decide .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 48
cmackenzie4
November 22, 2014, 8:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Anybody got a link to the interview?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 48
Bruce Springsteen
November 22, 2014, 8:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
he has to be sacked immediately
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 48
Tangerine Chris
November 22, 2014, 9:07pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Anybody got a link to the interview?

Its on the match report on the BBC Sport site

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 48
AlanPoutonsTackle
November 22, 2014, 9:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Hurst gets far too defensive when interviewed a bit like his style of play. he needs to accept that supporters have the right to boo a poor performance and that he has questions to answer sometimes after a game. If his teamtalks and management style are like his  interview style then I'm afraid he's not going to progress much as a manager. He aint that inspirational. We have been doing ok lately but our performances need to improve, and we do need a goalscorer

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 48
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › HURST OUT OF ORDER IN INTERVIEW

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.