Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Gues who's back, back again
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 373 Guests

Gues who's back, back again

This thread currently has 5,056 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
November 21, 2014, 10:35am
Guest User
Now then all I'm back   first of all I'd like to apologise to anyone I may of genuinely upset regarding my recent posts (now removed)
I appreciate that we live in an over sensitive world these days, so I will accept that I may of crossed the line with 1 or 2 comments, so again sorry for any offence it wasn't my intention.

It's so easy to get sidetracked on here with other issues (coincidently when town are doing well) and inevitably people will clash because of our differences, I've found that this can be a right pain in the bottom for Rob and the other mods, the ones that keep this cracking site going.
So from now on I'm only going to engage with all things gtfc related, because differences aside we all share a common passion for the club and gtfc is obviously the whole point for this forum.

UTM
grimsby pete
November 21, 2014, 10:38am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I suffer with short term memory problems mate,

So I do not know what you are talking about  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
pizzzza
November 21, 2014, 11:15am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,659
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from grimsby pete

So I do not know what you are talking about  

Same here  
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
Doubled
November 21, 2014, 11:18am
season ticket holder
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +43
You might consider changing your signature Mate!!!
If you want us to take you apology seriously that is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
Garth
November 21, 2014, 12:08pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Haven`t the foggiest what you are on about,   so never missed you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
mariner tommy
November 21, 2014, 12:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
You say in your post that you're sorry for any offence, and then in your signature you say you don't care if you offend.

Make your mind up

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
forza ivano
November 21, 2014, 12:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Didn't realise you'd gone and haven't missed you

I don't respect your beliefs
And I don't care if your offended.
Cheers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
November 21, 2014, 1:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from mariner tommy
You say in your post that you're sorry for any offence, and then in your signature you say you don't care if you offend.

Make your mind up

UTM

just to simplify I don't care if you are  offended that I don't respect your religious beliefs.
You don't have to be quite about being an atheist these days that's all I'm saying.
Reply: 7 - 17
Doubled
November 21, 2014, 2:04pm
season ticket holder
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +43
Didn't take long to get off topic again.
Your original post said you were only going
to engage with all things GTFC.
Why are you bringing religion(or lack of it) into the thread?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
November 21, 2014, 2:08pm
Guest User
Quoted from Doubled
Didn't take long to get off topic again.
Your original post said you were only going
to engage with all things GTFC.
Why are you bringing religion(or lack of it) into the thread?

Just clarifying facts that's all end of discussion, move on its a gtfc forum
Reply: 9 - 17
MarinerWY
November 21, 2014, 3:39pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,942
Gold Stars: 45
It would have been a bit more sincere if you hadn´t effectively attempted to diminish your responsibility with this statement:

Quoted from 2578

I appreciate that we live in an over sensitive world these days

I´m quite happy that our society is defensive about racial abuse and disguted at the those that attempt to defend rape. If that is being over-sensitive, I shudder to think what else is within your idea of "morally acceptable".

Quoted from 2578

You don't have to be quite about being an atheist these days that's all I'm saying.

You´re deluded and paranoid. I´m not sure it´s ever been more widely acceptable and common to claim to be an atheist in the UK, certainly the influence of the largest religions in the country is diminishing and the numbers of those calling themselves non-religious is growing rapidly. In fact, the ONS recently completed a survey of which the results suggested that two-thirds of Britons do not consider themselves religious.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12799801

It´s annoying when facts get in the way isn´t it?

Regarding your opening post, personally I couldn´t care less whether you post or not.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
Calamarikid
November 21, 2014, 5:38pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -395
hahahahaha I love this guy!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
November 21, 2014, 9:14pm
Guest User
Quoted from MarinerWY
It would have been a bit more sincere if you hadn´t effectively attempted to diminish your responsibility with this statement:

I´m quite happy that our society is defensive about racial abuse and disguted at the those that attempt to defend rape. If that is being over-sensitive, I shudder to think what else is within your idea of "morally acceptable".

You´re deluded and paranoid. I´m not sure it´s ever been more widely acceptable and common to claim to be an atheist in the UK, certainly the influence of the largest religions in the country is diminishing and the numbers of those calling themselves non-religious is growing rapidly. In fact, the ONS recently completed a survey of which the results suggested that two-thirds of Britons do not consider themselves religious.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12799801

It´s annoying when facts get in the way isn´t it?

Regarding your opening post, personally I couldn´t care less whether you post or not.

I didn't think you could of just left this one alone and drawn a line under it, but since you are still insinuating I am a rapist sympathiser I must reply.
Firstly I do not condone rape I could quite happily hack off a rapist bollox right now and not lose any sleep, all I've ever done is question the conviction of Ched Evans as I believe he's been stitched up that's it! so for you to come out with this excrement is totally out of order, you've already openly called me a racist and now you say a defender of rape! both these comment I have photo saved so if you carry on acting a clown with these SLANDEROUS accusations you will soon be hearing from my solicitor believe me.

As for an over sensitive world (il at least keep it football) you've only got to  look at the England fans in Scotland that were lambasted for singing anti IRA songs!! So now we can't even express our opinions regarding a murderous terrorist organisation that carried their cowardly evil in our country against innocent uk citizens just incase it may offend! FFS

All Scots are tightfisted, all muslims  are terrorist, all scousers are thieves, all mother in laws are interfering pains in the bottom , black people are lazy, grimsby people smell of fish, lincoln folk have six fingers and sleep with their siblings, women are only good for one thing, anyone with half a brain will take these comments as a load of generalisation bollox, but are we not aloud to take the urine out of each other's differences as long as we know no one will be offended? Because in today's real world we most certainly do weather  it's on the terraces in the pubs clubs or at work with friends and colleagues, and what if one day we couldn't laugh at ourselfs? Then what a sad boring place it would be.

Yeah I like a bit of Chubby Brown,Jim Davidson, and  comediennes like All Murray because the (perceived to be) sexist, mother in law type jokes are not taken seriously, only the easily offended would actually be offended, and that's when I think of you, because I have to ask myself should someone like yourself  (easily offended) even be on an open forum? Maybe Rob should look at putting a disclaimer on the site so the easily offended can keep off and not get offended.

Oh and by the way way your ONS survey claim regarding diminishing religion is flawed, just by taking the growing number of Muslims in this country ( think it's safe to say they all believe in a higher deity) they now stand at more than 5% at the overall population in the uk! one in ten people under the age of 25 are Muslims, if current trends continue Islam will take over Christianity in this country within the next 20 years so just on that basis alone without even mentioning all the other growing religions we have in the UK, in twenty years time there's going to be more Believers than none.

Reply: 12 - 17
cardiffmariner
November 21, 2014, 10:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,293
Gold Stars: 23
There goes any faith I had in the mods. I was under the impression he was banned due to nature of his previous posts and here he is taunting all with his comments about others being over sensitive. If you're going to ban him, ban him. If not don't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
November 21, 2014, 11:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from cardiffmariner
There goes any faith I had in the mods. I was under the impression he was banned due to nature of his previous posts and here he is taunting all with his comments about others being over sensitive. If you're going to ban him, ban him. If not don't.

I'm not taunting anybody Cardiff, I won't be joining any other debates or topics unless it concerns Gtfc, I started this thread with good intentions and I've been slandered by a certain poster So I think I have a right to reply and defend myself.
Reply: 14 - 17
cardiffmariner
November 22, 2014, 8:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,293
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 2578

I'm not taunting anybody Cardiff, I won't be joining any other debates or topics unless it concerns Gtfc, I started this thread with good intentions and I've been slandered by a certain poster So I think I have a right to reply and defend myself.

In one breath you apologise and in the next suggest it's the fault of others for being 'over sensitive'.  That's not an apology, it's not even a token gesture. It's a cop out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
Marinerz93
November 22, 2014, 8:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 2578

just to simplify I don't care if you are  offended that I don't respect your religious beliefs.

Do you want to burn in hell?

Because making blasphemous comments like that is how you end up burning in hell!

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
lukeo
January 17, 2015, 7:31am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Never seen this username in my life until i just popped into 'non football' just now ... Seem's like a bit of a helmet tbh, could do without him on here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Gues who's back, back again

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.