Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will anything happen now......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 293 Guests

Will anything happen now......

This thread currently has 12,572 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 16, 2014, 12:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Grimal
What no one has mentioned is the implications this stupidity could cause to our quest for a new stadium,the nimby's will have a field day,sprouting ,"do we want these idiots on our doorsteps on matchdays and scare mongering the dangers of a fire risk so close to their properties".
Come on lads think about it before you jeopodise our chance of a New stadium,or even worse someone gets badly injured or killed.

Only happens away mate  

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 93
Theimperialcoroner
November 16, 2014, 1:09pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from GrimRob

Some racist comments and reaction to them were removed

Glad you done that Rob, was looking for it to remove and wondered what was going on.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 93
grimsby pete
November 16, 2014, 1:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
Have the club said anything about this or even the Telegraph, ?

If they have and it will cost the club either points or a fine,

Then they are not true supporters,

I can understand them trying or thinking they are creating an atmosphere ,

I was young once you know,

BUT

Please stop doing it now lads it might cost us promotion.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 93
mariner83
November 16, 2014, 1:32pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete
Have the club said anything about this or even the Telegraph, ?

If they have and it will cost the club either points or a fine,

Then they are not true supporters,

I can understand them trying or thinking they are creating an atmosphere ,

I was young once you know,

BUT

Please stop doing it now lads it might cost us promotion.

[url=http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/pyrotechnic-awareness-campaign-1518641.aspx]http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/pyrotechnic-awareness-campaign-1518641.aspx[/url]

[url=http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/TIME-QUIT-SMOKE-BOMBS/story-23252165-detail/story.html]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/TIME-QUIT-SMOKE-BOMBS/story-23252165-detail/story.html[/url]

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 43 - 93
grimsby pete
November 16, 2014, 1:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from mariner83

[url=http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/pyrotechnic-awareness-campaign-1518641.aspx]http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/pyrotechnic-awareness-campaign-1518641.aspx[/url]

[url=http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/TIME-QUIT-SMOKE-BOMBS/story-23252165-detail/story.html]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/TIME-QUIT-SMOKE-BOMBS/story-23252165-detail/story.html[/url]

Thanks for that,

Well if they continue they should be banned , they have been warned,

AND

No town fan should feel bad in pointing them out to the police,

So I say again please stop it lads before you cost the club,

AND

Before you get arrested.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 93
GrimRob
November 16, 2014, 2:25pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Technically if you spot someone letting one off you can make a ctizen's arrest, as it is a criminal offence to do so. The law says you can make a Citzen's Arrest if you observe someone "who is in the act of committing an indictable offence; or whom the person has reasonable grounds to suspect is committing an indictable offence".

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 93
GYinScuntland
November 16, 2014, 2:37pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from GrimRob
Technically if you spot someone letting one off you can make a ctizen's arrest, as it is a criminal offence to do so. The law says you can make a Citzen's Arrest if you observe someone "who is in the act of committing an indictable offence; or whom the person has reasonable grounds to suspect is committing an indictable offence".

Bloke grabs bloke in front of copper at a football match. I know where you're coming from but....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 93
mariner2000
November 16, 2014, 3:06pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
I observed the morons at Nuneaton last year and as soon as a Steward tried to grab one of the idiots about 15 of his friends with similar sized tiny dicks stepped in to shield him
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 47 - 93
WappingMariner
November 16, 2014, 3:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +125
When did all of this begin? Was it Nuneaton away last year or at some point before then? I will tolerate smoke bombs as long as they are held up high in the air and die out without being thrown on the pitch or among other fans. However, whether you have or haven't got a problem with smoke bombs the simple point stands that use or possession of them in a football ground is illegal.

There a few points you can take from the incident yesterday (difficult for me to judge as I wasn't there but I have spoken to people who were). If this continues the way it is doing not only will the club be fined but we'll also start to have divided support at away matches. One of the main attractions for me going to away matches is to generally have a great time with everyone around me regardless of whether Town win. Of course if they do it's a bonus. By having fans irritate each other off each time Town play away from home means something will eventually give. I'm not sure it'd ever get to the point where some fans would decide not to bother but what we don't want is those who have come to support Town to be arguing with each other.

It has also baffled me that pictures of those who let off the smoke bombs can be found so easily on Twitter. How chuffing naive and stupid are they? You do wonder if the only reason they set them off is to appear on a photograph surrounded by smoke. Remember... popularity these days is determined by how retweets you get on Twitter.

The alternative to them being banned, I believe, is for the club to pay for them all to go to a Napoli game and get proper training so when they come back they have a bit more of an idea of how to use pyrotechnics.

We've got Jason Pearcey, number one, we've got the best team in the land...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 93
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 16, 2014, 3:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from WappingMariner
When did all of this begin? Was it Nuneaton away last year or at some point before then? I will tolerate smoke bombs as long as they are held up high in the air and die out without being thrown on the pitch or among other fans. However, whether you have or haven't got a problem with smoke bombs the simple point stands that use or possession of them in a football ground is illegal.

There a few points you can take from the incident yesterday (difficult for me to judge as I wasn't there but I have spoken to people who were). If this continues the way it is doing not only will the club be fined but we'll also start to have divided support at away matches. One of the main attractions for me going to away matches is to generally have a great time with everyone around me regardless of whether Town win. Of course if they do it's a bonus. By having fans irritate each other off each time Town play away from home means something will eventually give. I'm not sure it'd ever get to the point where some fans would decide not to bother but what we don't want is those who have come to support Town to be arguing with each other.

It has also baffled me that pictures of those who let off the smoke bombs can be found so easily on Twitter. How chuffing naive and stupid are they? You do wonder if the only reason they set them off is to appear on a photograph surrounded by smoke. Remember... popularity these days is determined by how retweets you get on Twitter.

The alternative to them being banned, I believe, is for the club to pay for them all to go to a Napoli game and get proper training so when they come back they have a bit more of an idea of how to use pyrotechnics.

Or quotes on the fishy

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will anything happen now......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.