8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
petethemariner
November 16, 2014, 12:08am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Yes and the Western school site would have been perfect for a stadium but the council have
sold it for housing in a typically short sighted plan based on money - perhaps they are right,
who knows?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 70
cmackenzie4
November 16, 2014, 12:28am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Hereford has been rebuilt, it's western they are knocking down

Correct!  The bulldozers are already knocking Western down (my old school by the way) Great memories i have too! 1982-1986  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 70
November 16, 2014, 1:17am
Guest User
Quoted from petethemariner
Yes and the Western school site would have been perfect for a stadium but the council have
sold it for housing in a typically short sighted plan based on money - perhaps they are right,
who knows?

It's already been mentioned by the club that this site would of been a no go from day 1, the roads are not adequate traffic would of been a nightmare because it's bad enough Monday to Friday peak times. And what about the surrounding development that will compliment the stadium, I  couldn't  see a frankie and bennys or a nando's wanting to set up on the grange.
Reply: 42 - 70
petethemariner
November 16, 2014, 8:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Fair comment Grim but even the PP project would require road alterations/improvements and there was talk
of widening that road a couple of years ago (of course nothing has happened) there is scope to do so at the mini roundabout
by increasing road width around the grassy area. Personally i would have thought having match day traffic driving through the
centre of Grimsby rather than taking the turn off at Gt Coates would have caused more road disruption.,
The site is deceptively large but anyway it isn't going to happen and i agree that a Grange Frankie & Bennys wouldn't seem
quite right, but i suppose you could change its name to Wayno's & Mad-dogs!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 70
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 16, 2014, 9:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from 2578

It's already been mentioned by the club that this site would of been a no go from day 1, the roads are not adequate traffic would of been a nightmare because it's bad enough Monday to Friday peak times. And what about the surrounding development that will compliment the stadium, I  couldn't  see a frankie and bennys or a nando's wanting to set up on the grange.

Nandos had a site planned for grimsby in 2004. In fact 2 were highlighted

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 70
rancido
November 16, 2014, 11:56am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Quite agree Woz that there are ample possibilities as a site for a new stadium, the question arises that why does
JF completely rule them out
? I know what i think, but better not say it on here   for obvious reasons.

I don't think it's a question of JF ruling them out but more the people advising on the development.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 70
Marinerz93
November 16, 2014, 1:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Meza,

"Steam" so am I. But i am abundantly aware that if the council are to assist then relentless support is essential.

I am afraid the opposition have the biggest say ATM and that will for sure influence if unchecked. Being in politics I have seen how it works.

Were nowhere without agreeing a basis for land transfer. That's on the agenda and the next step.

Afraid it's one step at a time. Every GET article needs your support that's for sure. A few to role in the next few days I hope.

UTM

The whole approach to the planned relocation hasn't been thought out and is more reactive than proactive.  The telewag is lower than a school bulletin, and more likely to be written by a monkey with a crayon. Any councillor who puts weight in a few clicks on an internet message board shouldn't be in a position of making any decisions at all, but this could explain why this town has been so poorly run.

(1) The clear leader (Defritter) in the 'No'  campaign doesn't have an opposing clear or as visible leader in the 'Yes' campaign.

(2) How many times have thousands of people from Grimsby gone to Wembley, how many times has the front of Town hall been a sea of black & White cheering a promotion winning team.  If the council need reminding how many people value the club and have backed it over the years this actually beggars belief.

The solution is tough with many variables but the main variable has to be that the yes campaign is more proactive than the no campaign.

(1) A clear campaign with detailed information must be accurate and up front.

(2) Invite the media, TV / radio ads, posters, car stickers asking for people to back and support a move to a new stadium,

Invite Soccer AM to play a video like this but more about the move

[youtube]WDH4IeAZBUM[/youtube]

We are a club that is steeped in history,
We are a club who have played in the top flight,
We are a club that have won top honours in 3 tiers of English football,

GTFC is in the fabric of the Town, it about time the council did something to help the club.

One potential way to raise this is a mass meeting in front of the Town hall, not hundreds but several thousand.  When the time comes for the council to make a decision it should be planned in advance with posters and leaflets for Town fans to meet on mass for a Saturday between 10 - 11am at the Town hall and JF can use a mega phone or even oldfootballer to lead the chants and Town songs.  This is the sort of public showing that would attract the media, that would let those councillors know the true feeling, of course the councillors should be there to witness this first hand.

MARINERS!!!

All we a are saying....... is give us a new ground

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 70
grimsby pete
November 16, 2014, 1:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222

The last time I was in Cleethorpes the old Girls Grammar  school was boarded up,

Would that be big enough for a new ground and maybe a retail outlet ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 70
barralad
November 16, 2014, 5:47pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
who knows?

I usually have some agreement with your posts but Western School site ideal? You have to be either joking or not have been anywhere near the site for the last five years. Multiply any potential infrastructure problems by 10 on one of the busiest roads in the area much closer to housing than the Parkway site with absolutely zilch chance of road widening etc. No, no and thrice no....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 70
barralad
November 16, 2014, 5:51pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Marinerz93

Invite Soccer AM to play a video like this but more about the move

[youtube]WDH4IeAZBUM[/youtube]

I LOVE this video...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Show your support Relocation

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.