Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 130 Guests

Barnet's testing time

This thread currently has 5,176 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
November 12, 2014, 4:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from oldun
All teams have to play each other twice at some stage. There are no nailed in wins I this league, teams have take them one by one a work damned hard to succeed. No team will win every game and we the fans have to learn not to get too negative if we lose one. It happens, move on.

Such a great point !

Quoted from acko338
Clean sheets mean less pressure on the rest to score multiple goals to win - may not be pretty or draw in huge crowds, but has to be the solid way forward now we have a clear 2nd best goal difference.

Agree with you tbh but FWIW I'm gonna throw a note of caution in too.

If you rely on your defence to keep clean sheets too much (say each and every game) it's expecting a lot.

Even if you defend magificently without error, all it can take is one unlucky deflection off a defender (and who knows WHEN) to set you back and put the onus back onto attack.

Now obviously Hurst will be working to improve in all areas.
But I hope our mindset doesn't become too defensive or obsessed with clean sheets.

Because the point has already been made we've a lot of good attacking quality in the squad too.
Is this not ultimately the same sort of point many have already made about "scoring goals" whether they're "doubters" or not ?
Reply: 20 - 26
November 12, 2014, 4:07pm
Guest User
Quoted from BIGChris
Despite his height i dont think he is very effective in the air. Doesnt get off the ground

Do you think that's crucial or a "deal breaker" ?
FWIW I've wondered if he's 100% committed in the challenge.

But whether he brings enough in other areas is the debate perhaps ?
Let's be fair Neilson or Arnold (albeit not CM) aren't great in the air either but we wouldn't turn down them down just cos of that.
Reply: 21 - 26
BIGChris
November 12, 2014, 4:15pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 120797

Do you think that's crucial or a "deal breaker" ?
FWIW I've wondered if he's 100% committed in the challenge.

But whether he brings enough in other areas is the debate perhaps ?
Let's be fair Neilson or Arnold (albeit not CM) aren't great in the air either but we wouldn't turn down them down just cos of that.

I was responding to a specific comment about his usefulness when we face an aerial bombardment against Lincoln!!!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
November 12, 2014, 4:23pm
Guest User
Fair enough then Chris sorry.
Was just wondering if you were suggesting it might not be a good idea to sign him.
Even if you were it wouldn't be "bad" of course - it's all about opinions anyway...
Reply: 23 - 26
oldun
November 12, 2014, 5:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I don't think we have seen the best of him yet. He seems to take a breather at times during the game and then picks up again. May be a fitness thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
A.l.f.
November 13, 2014, 7:27am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Well aware of the threat from Gateshead and the other teams up there but there is a long way to go but only a few weeks ago many on here were saying we had no chance of catching Barnet but now come the start of next year , its going to be a lot more interesting.
All PH and the team can do is take one game at a time,  but given the better work rate and desire this season I think we can look forward, rather than back.
We all need to back the boys and make some noise.
See many of you at Altrincham!  UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
chaos33
November 13, 2014, 7:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from oldun
I don't think we have seen the best of him yet. He seems to take a breather at times during the game and then picks up again. May be a fitness thing.

I noticed that too!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barnet's testing time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.