Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 154 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 9,077 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
horsforthmariner
November 12, 2014, 12:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,598
Gold Stars: 9
I think I must have been watching another game to everyone else. We stopped a team in fourth place from pretty much creating anything all night. Arnold and Thomas worked so hard and our centres halves completely bossed halifax's frontline.

It was never going to be pretty it's Halifax we were playing.o be honest 3-0 wouldn't have flattered us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 62
chaos33
November 12, 2014, 12:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Just back. Quick beer and bed. Agree with lots of points made by BC, Moosey, Barra, Maringer, BP Vicar etc. I enjoyed the game and thought we were comfortably the better side. We totally controlled the first 45, and were much better than them tactically and technically. I thought it was imperative that we scored in the first half so we had something to show for the pressure and chances we created. Thankfully we did get a goal from a rare good corner.

Overall an excellent, hardworking display if a bit lacking in finesse at times, especially in the later stages. We didn't manage to put them under too much pressure second half, but they changed their system to nullify us at least twice, without ever looking like scoring themselves I didn't think. In fact, I was very unimpressed with them and thought they looked short on skill and lacking much of a method. Their team is essentially built around their centre-midfield, and we totally dominated that area for most of the game, making them look very much second best.

Everybody turned in a decent performance - Neilson was superb in the first half, picking the ball up in all sorts of places, pulling their shape apart and making things happen. His effort from outside the box was brilliant and brought an equally magnificent save. Pell did really well first half and Disley and Nathan Arnold were superb throughout I thought, hardly putting a foot wrong. They were involved in all of our best bits of play. Pearson impressive as everyone has said.

We did more than enough to win, and even though we weren't able to score the second goal I never really worried about the outcome - which is rare at BP. A very good night's work, and a great Barnet result to cap it off.  

UTM

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 62
Abdul19
November 12, 2014, 12:53am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,541
Gold Stars: 215
Pearson and Arnold superb, Nsiala good apart from those 2 daft fouls at the start of the 2nd half, everyone else decent. Halifax put us under pressure without creating anything - if they're one of the best sides in the league it says a lot about the quality (but if they'd had that extra day they'd have been ace, obviously).

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 62
Youngy
November 12, 2014, 7:13am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from ginnywings
Better team in the first half and deserved our lead. Second half was a struggle and we just can't seem to get a comfortable lead in a game.

Why was Neilson subbed again?

3 points but not convincing.

He was subbed with 5 minutes to go FFS. It was clearly a move to waste time and bring on somebody who was going to chase the ball into corners. Neilson did very well first 45 but faded second half. Didn't deserve man of the match over Pearson, Disley or Arnold.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 62
gobby
November 12, 2014, 7:18am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
Deserved hard fought  win, and a mention must go to Ross Joyce as this was an excellent display from the man in the middle.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 62
Les Brechin
November 12, 2014, 7:25am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,699
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from gobby
Deserved hard fought  win, and a mention must go to Ross Joyce as this was an excellent display from the man in the middle.
UTMM

Apart from his stupid booking of LJL early on.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 62
gobby
November 12, 2014, 7:35am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Les Brechin

Apart from his stupid booking of LJL early on.

Did not see what happened there Les, just see the Findus up in arms.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 62
Maringer
November 12, 2014, 7:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
LJL went in for a tackle, challenging two players, but won the tackle even though it appear he was getting shoved by one of the two. Because of the shove there was a collision between the three and one of their players rolled around on the floor holding his shin until the yellow card was brandished, at which point he made a miraculous recovery and jogged off without a hint of a limp.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 62
fleabag1970
November 12, 2014, 8:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
With out doubt the sort of performance that gets you out of this league ! Totally dictated the first half , i assume Halifax had come for a Tuesday night point ?? Could have been 2/3 in the end ! Thought Arnold and Nielson were superb , Pell looked very good and Magnay as always was Fantastic .......................This is it people we have the players , attitude and Tactics now we just need a little bit of luck and we will win this League !!!!

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 62
Les Brechin
November 12, 2014, 9:02am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,699
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from fleabag1970
With out doubt the sort of performance that gets you out of this league ! Totally dictated the first half , i assume Halifax had come for a Tuesday night point ?? Could have been 2/3 in the end ! Thought Arnold and Nielson were superb , Pell looked very good and Magnay as always was Fantastic .......................This is it people we have the players , attitude and Tactics now we just need a little bit of luck and we will win this League !!!!

Well, their keeper was definitely playing for the draw from minute one.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.