3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
November 9, 2014, 7:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
People were giving him abuse when he left the ball in the corner right at the end and didn't give it to the keeper. Most of those idiots obviously didn't realise that his responsibility is to return to his position. What would they have done if he had and the keeper had played the ball into area that he should have been? Potentially leading to a goal. Some town fans obviously haven't been blessed with a brain.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
moosey_club
November 9, 2014, 7:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Time to stand up and be counted then.....hundreds of people in the pontoon....if Aswad heard something then onlookers must have also.....
there were also two ball boys in the vacinity and i would guess stewards also.....if it was said then there must be witnesses.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
chicaneuk
November 9, 2014, 7:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 5
That's abysmal I really hope if someone saw / heard who it was, reports them. Racial abuse of ANY players makes me sick to my stomach regardless of their team, but to do it to your own players is beyond comprehension
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
MrsMariner
November 9, 2014, 7:19pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from davmariner
People were giving him abuse when he left the ball in the corner right at the end and didn't give it to the keeper. Most of those idiots obviously didn't realise that his responsibility is to return to his position. What would they have done if he had and the keeper had played the ball into area that he should have been? Potentially leading to a goal. Some town fans obviously haven't been blessed with a brain.

To be fair the amount of time the keeper was taking over kicks he would have had plenty of time to get back in position, he just handed the keeper an excuse to waste even more time which was a bit stupid in my opinion but I don't condone anyone racially abusing him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
davmariner
November 9, 2014, 7:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from MrsMariner

To be fair the amount of time the keeper was taking over kicks he would have had plenty of time to get back in position, he just handed the keeper an excuse to waste even more time which was a bit stupid in my opinion but I don't condone anyone racially abusing him.

That's not Aswad's job to deal with that it's the referee (which he didn't). Ball boys also should be fulfilling their requirement properly which too often they don't. Not sure whose remit it is in terms of organising ball boys but more often than not they're far too young and can barely throw a football. Too often our players are farting around trying to retrieve balls that have gone out of play and miss opportunities to catch the opposition on the back foot.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
arryarryarry
November 9, 2014, 7:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
I thought he was a bit dopy leaving the ball there, then again I thought his defending for most of the game was dopy.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
grimsby pete
November 9, 2014, 7:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
On a lighter note,

Can anybody remember the ballboy caught on camera a few years ago, ?

He was sat on his stool in front of the Ponny,

A hard shot went wide of the goal and straight at him,

He just headed it back to the keeper without moving from his stool.

Really cool.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
mariner83
November 9, 2014, 7:55pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete
On a lighter note,

Can anybody remember the ballboy caught on camera a few years ago, ?

He was sat on his stool in front of the Ponny,

A hard shot went wide of the goal and straight at him,

He just headed it back to the keeper without moving from his stool.

Really cool.

[url=http://youtu.be/kJIdlj7VtiQ]http://youtu.be/kJIdlj7VtiQ[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
louth_in_the_south
November 9, 2014, 9:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,651
Gold Stars: 94
I'm no lefty wallflower but can only think that once is bad , twice is an utter embarrassment that town fans can abuse one of our own like this . It really does show what a bunch of backward people inhabit the region . I wouldn't blame him if he slapped in a transfer request in the morning and said he'd only play in away games

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
headingly_mariner
November 9, 2014, 9:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,316
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I'm no lefty wallflower but can only think that once is bad , twice is an utter embarrassment that town fans can abuse one of our own like this . It really does show what a bunch of backward people inhabit the region . I wouldn't blame him if he slapped in a transfer request in the morning and said he'd only play in away games

Remember it's an extreme minority, they certainly need stamping out though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thomas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.