Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To all the doubters.......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 201 Guests

To all the doubters.......

This thread currently has 13,365 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 5, 2014, 10:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

You appear slightly disappointed that we failed to pick up more than 3 points last night?

Or maybe it just takes more than 3 points that should be a given to get absolutely everyone feverishly excited?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 103
JMT
November 5, 2014, 10:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
I'd just like to re validate my point has some people do not understand what i mean.

all i'm saying is did it take a bit of pressure people on his back to realize what his main job is here, to get it drilled into the players how important it is too go out there and play with there hearts. It made him look at what he was doing wrong and change that, the players saw his neck was on the line and they respected him so the fought for his place and right to be the manager of a team who wants to be on the way back up.

I'd also like to note i said that is what possibly has, not what definitely has.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 103
November 6, 2014, 12:19am
Guest User
Quoted from JMT
the players saw his neck was on the line and they respected him so the fought for his place and right to be the manager

Maybe there's some truth to this - who knows !
Wouldn't suprise me tbh cos some players missed chances and made mistakes in those opening games.

Reply: 72 - 103
KingstonMariner
November 6, 2014, 1:13am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

You appear slightly disappointed that we failed to pick up more than 3 points last night?

No not at all. Where have I said I was disappointed with the win? Just because I'm not ecstatic that we are 2nd and that we managed to finally beat a poor part time team, it doesn't mean I am disappointed. We've had these Autumn surges the previous 3 years so forgive me if I'm not getting carried away.

I'm not impressed with Hurst or how well we are doing this season or any of the last few seasons (or several). But I was pleased we won. Actually "pleased" is probably too strong a word - relieved might be better. I can't see us getting promoted either automatically or via the play offs but I'll be bloody delighted if we do though.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 103
Tom13
November 6, 2014, 1:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from moosey_club

It is what either a; (delete as applicable)
1. cheating, exploit the rules, ungentlemanly , underhand and down right dirty club would do..
2. clever club would do to ensure key players are available for them at key times.....

I think Fleetwood definitely would've done (and therefore been the second kind of club as they won the league)!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 103
BIGChris
November 6, 2014, 7:33am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 120797

Wouldn't suprise me tbh cos some players missed chances and made mistakes in those opening games.

and in every game of football ever played!!!
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 103
Rodley Mariner
November 6, 2014, 8:04am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I must have missed the feverish excitement of the past 36 hours. Think most people just seem pleased that we're putting a little run together and heading in the right direction. Long way to go but more reason for optimism than a couple of months ago. I'll worry about five teams going above us when it happens.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 103
Jarmo.Is.God
November 6, 2014, 8:07am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
A big positive for me, is that we only have 1 player on loan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 103
moosey_club
November 6, 2014, 8:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,206
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
A big positive for me, is that we only have 1 player on loan.

Arnold, Pell......

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 103
Garth
November 6, 2014, 8:51am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Positive for me is that we won the game be it from a mistake from the goalkeeper, negative has to be that we made it hard work for a promotion hunting team, but beggars can`t be choosers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To all the doubters.......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.