Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › To all the doubters.......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 191 Guests

To all the doubters.......

This thread currently has 13,319 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
November 4, 2014, 11:44pm
Guest User
Still a doubter and by all accounts we were excrement again tonight against a part time team crippled with injuries, hope I'm proved wrong but I've not seen anything to make me think we will be getting promotion.
Reply: 40 - 103
November 5, 2014, 12:17am
Guest User
Appreciate your point based on all tonight's reports.

Suppose I'm looking at it down the "if we can win when we're not 100% flying, where will we be if/when it all comes together"  type thingy.

Perhaps it was all about the result tonight or you'll never see classic football at Braintree.  
Reply: 41 - 103
chaos33
November 5, 2014, 12:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from LondonMariner43
There are 27 games to go so it's a bit early to debate the finer points of the table.

Let's just enjoy being second.  A great run of results and three games without conceding a goal.

We were in the bottom half a few weeks back.  We aren't now.

This

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 103
ginnywings
November 5, 2014, 12:21am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
What Moosey said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 103
DickBarton
November 5, 2014, 6:20am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: -355
Quoted from Teestogreen
Odd - don't trust '****' Barton. I replied 30 minutes ago that I thought Doug Livermore scored for Norwich and Stewart Gray equalised for Grimsby  and my memory  (bizarrely) was from the Osmond Stand and when I posted this - 'Dear male private' headed this, which I had not written. So I deleted it.

Let's se what happens this time.

Not quite sure what you mean mate. As I mentioned I am new to this.

I was behind the goal in the pontoon stand. didn't see much of the game tbh but the atmosphere was fantastic.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 103
November 5, 2014, 6:48am
Guest User
I still am a doubter going on past experiences.. ok form has turned around we've won several on the bounce yes we are now second but let's not forget September 1st 2001(the same day when England beat Germany 5-1 on their own turf)  when we climbed to the dizzy heights of 1st position of what is now the championship and where we ended up in the league....  RELEGATED!!! so let's calm down with "we're second " let's see how the ground lies when the games played are even....
Reply: 45 - 103
cjbill
November 5, 2014, 7:03am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
Quoted from Abdul19
Halifax's game in hand is against FGR so they both can't pass us (by which time the table could be completely different anyway) (Christ, I can't believe I checked fixtures for 4 weeks time)

Don't forget aswell, FGR have pending 3 point deduction too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 103
Garth
November 5, 2014, 8:10am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from gtfc82
Why must we have this "I told you we were right" gloating after every win or loss? It's getting so tedious!!!  

I have been a middle of the road man myself, not a known blind backer of Hurst in the recent past but also willing to give him every chance to succeed, I am well pleased with last nights effort and points at tricky Braintree but have my feet firmly on the ground regarding our position in the league at the moment.

I still believe that with a bit of luck and a fair wind this team and manager can do something special this season.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 103
pizzzza
November 5, 2014, 8:22am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,660
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from 1972
I still am a doubter going on past experiences.. ok form has turned around we've won several on the bounce yes we are now second but let's not forget September 1st 2001(the same day when England beat Germany 5-1 on their own turf)  when we climbed to the dizzy heights of 1st position of what is now the championship and where we ended up in the league....  RELEGATED!!! so let's calm down with "we're second " let's see how the ground lies when the games played are even....

We didn't get relegated that year. Year after I think 2002-03.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 103
BIGChris
November 5, 2014, 8:35am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Without a doubt we are going to have ups and downs throughout the season. Ideally people will not go overboard when we lose or get ahead of themselves when we win.

For me, the performances arent a million miles better than at any other times but simply the ball is going in the net at one end and we are keeping them out at the other. Just shows that peoples anger/joy are very much results dependent.

Like many others i do feel the team and squad are much stronger than last season. I found in a coat pocket the other day the team sheet for the away Trophy semi at Cambridge. The current team are far better than the side that day.

Long may it continue
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › To all the doubters.......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.