Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To all the doubters.......
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 252 Guests

To all the doubters.......

This thread currently has 13,370 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
November 4, 2014, 10:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Well done Town. Good run but I'm not changing my opinion of Hurst just yet. We've achieved nothing yet. We're only 2nd temporarily - the other teams have all got games in hand and we could be in 8th if they win those games in hand!

As for the change in results, its simply down to Lennie finally finding his scoring boots.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 103
The Singing Fisherman
November 4, 2014, 10:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
Points on the board is far better than games in hand. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 103
KingstonMariner
November 4, 2014, 10:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Not when all any one of FIVE teams need do is win one match.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 103
AlanPoutonsTackle
November 4, 2014, 10:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Well done to PH and the team for a great run of results. However to flip it on its head we go on a run like this every season PH has been at the club before xmas. Its now about kicking on and taking it one stage further. The warning is we have achieved nothing yet so lets no get complacent.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 103
November 4, 2014, 10:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Good run but I'm not changing my opinion of Hurst just yet. We've achieved nothing yet. We're only 2nd temporarily - the other teams have all got games in hand and we could be in 8th if they win those games in hand!

Yes, I'll be doubting Hurst's ability if we don't play and slip to 8th too !  

Reply: 14 - 103
gtfc82
November 4, 2014, 10:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Why must we have this "I told you we were right" gloating after every win or loss? It's getting so tedious!!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 103
jimgtfc
November 4, 2014, 10:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 44
Yep I'm eating humble pie as well. Said at the time I'd love to be proved wrong and at the minute I am definitely loving it! Hopefully I can say the same in may.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 103
AlanPoutonsTackle
November 4, 2014, 10:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
The point is when the team aren't playing well and achieving there will be criticsm if they are playing well and winning they will get praise I can't understand the fans that don't understand that. There were no doubters just individuals not liking what they see, and expressing their opinion. I personally would be as happy as anyone if PH proves me wrong. i would take no pleasure in us dropping like a stone and saying I told you so.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 103
Stevie Saunders
November 4, 2014, 10:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
People getting on the players' and manager's backs has absolutely nothing to do with the turn around
A settled team, a centre forward who is scoring, a change of luck, players coming back from injury, a team gelling...these are some of the reasons why we are on a great run

Apart from Barnet (at the minute) it's an incredibly tight league and it will be one of those seasons where getting into the play offs will be a hell of an achievement with 7-10 clubs about at the same level...we are one of those teams but I think we have the potential to really kick on with what is looking like a very solid team, better attacking options than last season, and a much more dynamic centre midfield

At the moment the league position is almost irrelevant cos the points spread among top 10 is so tight; points on the board is what matters.

Rewinding a few weeks I thought we played really well v Altrincham and got a point; we play pretty poorly tonight, disjointed performance etc and we win.
Just proves the game is 100% about getting 3pts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 103
November 4, 2014, 10:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from gtfc82
Why must we have this "I told you we were right" gloating after every win or loss? It's getting so tedious!!!  

Not sure what you're reading, I don't see any gloating at all !

Reply: 19 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To all the doubters.......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.