3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
November 2, 2014, 9:35am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Barnet  12 points ahead and played 1 game more, we have to play them twice 6 points and win the one behind 3 points total 9 points, its not over yet!
Logged Offline
Private Message
cmackenzie4
November 2, 2014, 9:45am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
There is a long way to go yet, They will suffer a bad run before the season ends, we need to take advantage of that, Barnet have us to play twice yet.

We just need to keep picking up results and keep within distance and i am sure we will be fine, It's a marathon not a sprint!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
MeanwoodMariner
November 2, 2014, 9:50am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Garth
Barnet  12 points ahead and played 1 game more, we have to play them twice 6 points and win the one behind 3 points total 9 points, its not over yet!

I agree it's not over yet but it's still a pretty big ask. We need to beat the run away leaders home and away, plus win our game in hand and we'd still be 3 points behind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
November 2, 2014, 10:02am
Guest User
All it will take is Martin Allen to lose it like he has done in the past. He is not the most loyal bloke in football either. The hardest thing to do is maintain the lead and motivate your players for that length of time whilst you are at the top.
Reply: 3 - 27
Les Brechin
November 2, 2014, 10:32am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

I agree it's not over yet but it's still a pretty big ask. We need to beat the run away leaders home and away, plus win our game in hand and we'd still be 3 points behind.

It can be done though, just have a look at this table after 17/18 games of the season 2 seasons ago when the Top 2 were Mansfield and Kidderminster!

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/conference-premier/2012-2013/table/2012-11-10

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
TownSNAFU5
November 2, 2014, 10:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
As well as being well down the league at this stage,  Mansfield and Kidderminster also had a combined goal difference of -2.  They showed that anything is possible over the last half of the season. It is a marathon not a sprint.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
northbankmariner
November 2, 2014, 11:45am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

At last a voice of reason, we could easily lose the games and it be a 15 point gap. But I remain positive we have a very good and capable squad, but feel they are looking too good right now. Happy to be proven wrong. I will happily take a play off spot at the end of the season, and no that is not being negative at all, just a reflection I feel we are one of the best teams in the division but am not cinvinced YET that we are the best.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
Rick12
November 2, 2014, 12:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from 1739
All it will take is Martin Allen to lose it like he has done in the past. He is not the most loyal bloke in football either. The hardest thing to do is maintain the lead and motivate your players for that length of time whilst you are at the top.
A tough manager who is very demanding of his players I think.Thats all well and good but players sometimes need the man management side as well .For me I think this is where Hurst possibly prospers over Allen.If I was good enough to be a pro player I think I would like to play for Hurst more than Allen and this can make the difference sometimes in who signs for the club

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
oldun
November 2, 2014, 1:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Les Brechin

It can be done though, just have a look at this table after 17/18 games of the season 2 seasons ago when the Top 2 were Mansfield and Kidderminster!

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/conference-premier/2012-2013/table/2012-11-10

That's interesting, I am happier coming into form later in the season and hitting the top near Easter than being in Barnet's position now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
grimsby pete
November 2, 2014, 1:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I have always said, it's not how you start,

It's how you finish,

This is our time.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barnet

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.